• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Victory Road LD

The last hour is all I've seen so far.

The Guns' win was fine, but the double pin was just not needed. It brought the match to a halt and it makes it look unclean. A Gun was pinned during the match. Why did this need to happen?

RVD is a weak champion at the moment and should have lost. Also the Abyss tries to hit him afterwards thing is stupid. "Who can stop Abyss?" Tenay asks. Well he just lost the match so I'm guessing someone can.

Also, I love that a champion is brought in as a special surprise. You know, because it's not like a title could be defended on PPV when we have Neal vs. Bubba vs. D-Von to get to.

Flair and Lethal wasn't that bad of a match,

I'm just going to avoid talking about this match. I've made my feelings heard, it's bullshit Flair had to give up to the Figure Four. There's putting someone over, and there's overkill.

it was mildly entertaining, the cage match was pretty good, it told a story. But yes, I agree with your other opinions.

What story? That Super Mex has a hard head?

Hehe... Hard head. There was no story. The point of a cage match is that the heel gets his ass kicked for all the hell he's caused the face. This was Morgan pretty much dominating, and Hernandez spotting like crazy. Not a good match, and no story at all.

Yeah and he's still a weak looking champ. He's constantly running away from Abyss.

And also from what I understand no Hogan or Bischoff? Great to see them earning their paychecks.

Yeah and he's still a weak looking champ. He's constantly running away from Abyss.
He pulls Hogan to safety once and he's constantly running from Abyss?

Last iMPACT, he brought the fight to Abyss. The iMPACT before, Abyss took him down... He didn't run.

He's not "constantly" doing anything other than winning.

Other than tonight when he ran. Or a few weeks ago when he couldn't hurt Abyss. Or a few weeks before that when he was on TV two minutes in two weeks. Yeah he looks like the second coming of Hulk already.

He could fight back at least. I haven't like the main event booking in a long time. Just more illogical stuff. Granted RVD's matches are good usually. Just made him look weak to me. If they're going to have Abyss be this unstoppable monster, give him the title.

Other than tonight when he ran.
Didn't see it. It can't be as bad as you're making it out to be, since nothing else you're complaining about is.

Or a few weeks ago when he couldn't hurt Abyss.
Two weeks ago at the close of the show?

Oh, you mean the night when Abyss was running down everyone in that ring?

Or a few weeks before that when he was on TV two minutes in two weeks.
He seemed more of a neutral figure in that time than "weak." No harm done. That match with Joe fixed him up good and new.

Yeah he looks like the second coming of Hulk already.
If you need to compare someone to Hulk to discredit them, you're sinning against logic. You're almost playing with the Godwin's Law of the IWC. There's no argument to be had.

Yeah when he was running down everyone, including the champion who looked like a jobber against him.

Abyss has looked more dominant than everyone....so of course he doesn't win.

Other than tonight when he ran. Or a few weeks ago when he couldn't hurt Abyss. Or a few weeks before that when he was on TV two minutes in two weeks. Yeah he looks like the second coming of Hulk already.

Nobody has really been able to hurt Abyss though, and it's fucking Abyss, not like he's runnign away from Sharkboy for christ sake, and the way he's being booked really isn't his fault TNA's booking has been shit for while, and no one is saying RVD is the next Hogan, well unless they're ******ed

Never said it was RVD's fault. Just don't like the champion looking like every other guy. Also, if they're going to make Abyss this fucking monster, either give him the title or have someone flat out beat him.

Abyss didn't need to be pinned, which means some of his advantage was taken away.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Save the flat out beating for a one on one match.

Yeah instead let's just make him look like a guy that can't win something that he should have dominated.

We'll have the most over guy in the match get pinned.

Also, any idea why Madison let with the chick that cost her the title?

Abyss didn't need to be pinned, which means some of his advantage was taken away.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Save the flat out beating for a one on one match.

Exactly, save it for next month when they can pull out all the stops in a hardcore match, or Monsters Ball, or Full Metal Mayhem, or whatever the fuck they call it in TNA

I thought the card looked really good, so I was pretty hyped for this one.

Williams/Kendrick - This was alright, and the finish is understandable seeing Kendrick got legit hurt, no harm done.

Brother Ray/Neal/Brother Devon - Well we knew this would suck. Pointless match.

Love/Rayne - The match was going ok, but the finish was just fucking stupid. Unexplainable.

Styles/Kaz vs Terry/Joe - Joe and AJ were pretty awesome in this one. Solid match, and sets up a Wolfe/Joe feud.

Hernandez/Morgan - This was a let down. Besides Hernandez jumping off the top of the cage and breaking off the handcuffs and jumping through the cage door, this was pretty dull.

Lethal/Flair - I liked this match. Lethal looked good and Flair looked damn good for his age. Dunno about making Flair tap to the Figure Four, but I like Lethal's push.

MCMG/Beer Money - Match of the night right here. The double pin was completely unnecessary and irrelevant though. Loved seeing the Guns win, awesome moment.

Angle/Pope - This was a solid match, but it wasn't the show stealer that I was expecting. Seemed a little too short also but maybe that's just me.

RVD/Hardy/Abyss/Anderson - This one started out pretty good with some fun spots, but it lost its steam by the end. The finish was really awkward and I dunno if I agree with keeping the belt on RVD. Anderson seemed to be the favorite here, hell even if Abyss won I would agree with it. I just don't get having Abyss as this unstoppable monster, but he isn't winning matches lately at all.

Overall the PPV was ok, but the booking was just weird and poor throughout. I had high hopes for this one, and it let me down.

I would give it a C-

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back