• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Victory Road: In Your House

IDK what everyone is mad about. I loved the PPV. And the Main Event was just icing on the cake for me to give it a A+. GREAT JOB TNA WORTH WATCHING. CAN'T WAIT FOR THURSDAY!!!!

powertrip_37937.jpg

Hey Gelgarin, I'm not ordering Lockdown because of this. If those fans could get screwed out of there money what's to say TNA won't do the same to me? How much would you like to bet that I'm not the only one that is following that train of thought.

I'm absolutely sure you're not the only one. I'm also extremely confident that there aren't enough of you to make a noticeable difference.

Well I don't think we get the numbers, all we know is that they've cratered on account of the recession. TV ratings will carry on much as ever which looks to be where TNA is generating its money from.

I would imagine Lockdown will probably outdraw tonights offerings on account of being Lockdown, two months from now most people outside of the internet will hardly remember.

I'm not defending tonights offerings or saying that they weren't shit... it's just not as big a deal as some people are going to try and make out.

My review of tonight's show for those interested:

TNA Victory Road 2011 Review

PPV was actually not bad particularly from a wrestling standpoint, as there were three good matches with the Ultimate X, Tag title match, and Styles-Hardy. Everything else was awful though and the main event literally killed this PPV and probably single-handedly made this show a big Thumbs Down. Not often do 3 matches hit *** on a card and I still give it a negative review, but this was certainly special circumstances.

Well I don't think we get the numbers, all we know is that they've cratered on account of the recession. TV ratings will carry on much as ever which looks to be where TNA is generating its money from.

I would imagine Lockdown will probably outdraw tonights offerings on account of being Lockdown, two months from now most people outside of the internet will hardly remember.

I'm not defending tonights offerings or saying that they weren't shit... it's just not as big a deal as some people are going to try and make out.

I've no doubt this will be forgotten eventually by mostly everyone but it only needs to effect Lockdown (which of course will outdraw tonight's show) buyrates, which this close to, very well could and already has.

I'm also not saying that they are losing money as that isn't true, I'm saying they are losing potential profit that wasn't gained, a negative for any business. (Not meant for you Gelg, but other less informed people who wouldn't know the difference)

My review of tonight's show for those interested:

TNA Victory Road 2011 Review

PPV was actually not bad particularly from a wrestling standpoint, as there were three good matches with the Ultimate X, Tag title match, and Styles-Hardy. Everything else was awful though and the main event literally killed this PPV and probably single-handedly made this show a big Thumbs Down. Not often do 3 matches hit *** on a card and I still give it a negative review, but this was certainly special circumstances.

No joke, last week I kept hitting refesh on your page to get the hit count up ;) you're welcome.

AJ forced Matt to step up. Decent tag team title matches and an Ultimate X match that was higher on story than on spots. Sounds OK until you get to the main event's. RVD and Anderson seem to have zero chemistry even though both have martial arts experience and well, Hardy. Looking at the video, you can tell Eric came out to give instructions to Sting and supervise. Hardy no-sold the Death Drop and tried to kick out. If anything, Sting is awesome, Eric's in trouble, Jeff's fucked up and Russo is Russo.

Russo. Fucking Vince Russo. I honestly wish Jim Cornette would make good on his promise to kill the guy.

I wonder what Marty would say about tonight.

(The people who have been here a while know who I'm talking about)

Lets be real here for a moment.

1. If Hardy arrived at the show under any type of drug-related influence, assumably several hours before he was due to go on, or at the very least you'd come to believe he was there at the beginning of the show (so 2 hours+ before his scheduled match); you would think they'd have enough time to find a replacement.

2. TNA had a #1 contender's match set-up which ultimately ends in a double countout. So, why wouldn't you just replace Hardy with BOTH RVD and Anderson in a Triple Threat?

The only logical thought I've come to on why that was not done - was because Lockdown will be built up as a Triple Threat match, as a mere Sting v. RVD/Anderson singles match won't draw as good.

The bigger question is, why wasn't someone else just considered even remotely. Samoa Joe, The Pope, Kurt Angle, Jeff Jarrett - all of which likely were AT the show, backstage, and none of them were on the card. Out of those individuals, Jarrett was in "skits" in which he was shown on his "honeymoon", so he could be excused - but the rest?

Hell, on iMPACT! Pope even stated something in relation to Joe and the ppv, but unless I fell asleep - I didn't see anything regarding Pope and Joe at all.

How can you say this is not a big deal and people will forget about this? The last time something this awful happened was The Fingerpoke of Doom, and it completely destroyed WCW forever. People do not forget being fucked over. People lose trust in the product and the company goes bye-bye. Know what the worst difference between the FPOD and this is? At least the FPOD happened on FREE television. This happened on a PPV that people paid damn good, hard earned money to see. TNA fucked up royally tonight, and, like the FPOD, they probably have destroyed their company forever.

How can you say this is not a big deal and people will forget about this? The last time something this awful happened was The Fingerpoke of Doom, and it completely destroyed WCW forever. People do not forget being fucked over. People lose trust in the product and the company goes bye-bye. Know what the worst difference between the FPOD and this is? At least the FPOD happened on FREE television. This happened on a PPV that people paid damn good, hard earned money to see. TNA fucked up royally tonight, and, like the FPOD, they probably have destroyed their company forever.

Tell you what. Come back in 12 months and if TNA has imploded due to a diminishing audience then I will personally buy a webcam, get down on my knees and offer you a heartfelt apology.

In other news, the finger-poke of doom neither destroyed nor contributed to the destruction of WCW, the company would have folded with or without it. It didn't help; but anyone who thinks that company went down the pan for any reason that don't revolve around money is a fantasist.

Tell you what. Come back in 12 months and if TNA has imploded due to a diminishing audience then I will personally buy a webcam, get down on my knees and offer you a heartfelt apology.

In other news, the finger-poke of doom neither destroyed nor contributed to the destruction of WCW, the company would have folded with or without it. It didn't help; but anyone who thinks that company went down the pan for any reason that don't revolve around money is a fantasist.

Um.....how the hell do you create money? You offer fans something that they will want to see. If WCW had continued to put out a quality product that fans would like to have seen they would have continued to gain big ratings, and made a ton of money. They didn't though. Yes, money is a small factor in WCW folding, but the bigger reason for their demise was poor booking (FPOD, multiple NWO factions, David Arquette as WCW Champion, holding down the next generation of guys such as Beniot, Guerrero, and Jericho) that drove fans away and made them less likely to spend their money on the product. This is exactly what TNA did tonight. They threw up a giant middle finger to those fans that have stayed loyal to them, and told them "ha ha ha, you spent money on this already, so now we can give you a fucking 30 second main event! BOO YEAH!" TNA fucked themselves over royally tonight, and only the dumbest of the dumb will continue to spend their money on this crap. IF that means their ratings and PPV buyrates remain the same, then I guess we learned something about the kind of people who watch TNA then.

Except TNA has been doing things like this for years and ratings have never dropped as a result. They didn't drop when Scott Hall didn't show up and we got Eric Young in the main event. They didn't drop when Cute Kip was headlining a PPV. They didn't drop when Pacman Jones became a world tag team champion, when Frank Wycheck was pinning established talent on PPV or when we were treated to the wonder of Jenna Morasca against Queen Sharmel.
Every time something like this happens then a bunch of people like you show up and completely blow it out of proportion, and every time TNA manages to hold on to its audience.

In fact every other wrestling broadcast on American television is losing viewers whilst TNA is retaining its audience. Makes you think really.

Except TNA has been doing things like this for years and ratings have never dropped as a result. They didn't drop when Scott Hall didn't show up and we got Eric Young in the main event. They didn't drop when Cute Kip was headlining a PPV. They didn't drop when Pacman Jones became a world tag team champion, when Frank Wycheck was pinning established talent on PPV or when we were treated to the wonder of Jenna Morasca against Queen Sharmel.
Every time something like this happens then a bunch of people like you show up and completely blow it out of proportion, and every time TNA manages to hold on to its audience.

In fact every other wrestling broadcast on American television is losing viewers whilst TNA is retaining its audience. Makes you think really.

Did Eric Young and Cute Kip actually compete in matches that looked like TNA was actually TRYING (whether they succeeded or not is a different story) to put on a decent show? I think so, therefore it is forgivable as TNA actually looked like they gave a shit. The football players and the women's crap is forgivable as well as that shit didn't effect the Main Event scene, and is just part of a long line of wrestling bringing in celebrities to do pointless shit and promote crap. What isn't forgivable, as WCW learned, is when your company looks like it just stops caring and doesn't give a fuck about giving the people a decent show to buy. That is what WCW proved when they did the FPOD and put the fucking WORLD TITLE on David Arquette, and that is the line that TNA crossed tonight by putting on that travesty of a main event. If TNA fans had a brain cell in their head then they would take what TNA did tonight as a final straw and tell TNA to fuck themselves by not watching anymore. IF they don't, then I say again, they are the dumbest of the dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back