NFL Week 13 LD

I don't think anyone is saying Jackson can't play at "this level" (whatever that level is); so much more that Jackson simply hasn't done, and never will meet even half of what Favre has through career stand-points.

Again, it isn't that Jackson doesn't deserve a chance - it's simply that when you're a Head Coach you go with the best percentage chance of winning. Favre is that guy. He's lead Green Bay to a Superbowl, he lead Minnesota to a Championship game.

Jackson had his opportunity a couple years ago, as you pointed out, and all he could manage to do was lose his starting job to Gus (a lesser talented, yet basically equally aged QB) only to get his job back - due to injury ONLY - and lose to the Eagles in the Playoffs.
And at this point, as in right now, today, given what the season has been like for Favre and the team, is he a better option than Jackson? I'm really not sure on that at all.

I'm not entirely seeing why that means anything. If it's his last year, shouldn't you see if he's worth re-signing?
They've been watching him play for years. Like Will said, they have CONSTANTLY tried to find a different starter, even before Favre came along.

The Vikings don't want Tavaris Jackson to be their starter. They've been with him for five years, and don't want him as their starter. Do you not understand that?

He had his chance years ago, as you have mentioned constantly. And the Vikings, the people who watch Jackson every single day, thought he was not the answer at QB. Those same people watch Jackson every day in practice, and think he's not the answer at QB.

As far as not getting it done, have you not been paying attention to what I've been saying all year? You know, about not having his receivers healthy, last week not having Peterson, having a coach everyone seemed to dislike, etc.? Since Rice has been back and Childress has been gone, the Vikings have won 2 games in a row.

Perhaps the problem isn't Favre, but the loss of their best receiver and a coach no one liked?

And in those two games, Favre has won one and Jackson has won one, yet Jackson has zero chance of starting over Favre. That to me is where it stops making sense, given what the rest of the season has been like.

They've been watching him play for years. Like Will said, they have CONSTANTLY tried to find a different starter, even before Favre came along.

The Vikings don't want Tavaris Jackson to be their starter. They've been with him for five years, and don't want him as their starter. Do you not understand that?

I understand it, yes. I find it completely moronic is the thing.

I'm not entirely seeing why that means anything. If it's his last year, shouldn't you see if he's worth re-signing?

Unless they've already made up their minds.. .. .. and do not want to give rival division teams, or any other potential team in the NFL, a chance to see what they could have earlier than the off-season.

And in those two games, Favre has won one and Jackson has won one, yet Jackson has zero chance of starting over Favre. That to me is where it stops making sense, given what the rest of the season has been like.

If each have 1 game win under the new HC, and same weapons. (albeit, Favre didn't have Peterson - who had 3 TDs today, mind you) You then turn to which guy has proven over time to BE a winner. (ie. Favre, the guy with a Superbowl ring)

Now, that's not to say come next week that I don't agree to start a HEALTHY Jackson over an injured Favre. However, if Favre can go - against a team like New York, you certainly don't want a guy who throws 3 picks in a game and hope Peterson can rush you out of that back into another win.

What in the hell is going on with Dallas today? They look AWESOME.

I thought the same thing regarding Carolina's opening drive which resulted in a TD.

I'm sure Minnesota probably doesn't want another head case in Young and I don't have faith in Palmer anymore.

Vince Young > T-Jackson.

Carson Palmer > T-Jackson.

I think Minnesota needs to focus on which ever Eagles QB is cut, assuming one gets the axe. Kolb or especially Vick. Either would be a perfect choice for MN.

So...you don't understand why when two guys have identical records (looking at just the last two games) the Vikings want the Hall of Famer who had an MVP caliber season last year in taking them to the NFC Championship over the guy they've seen for five years and constantly feel has underperformed?

Really? You don't understand that?

You keep saying "the way the season has gone", but what you don't seem to get is that it's highly possible there are other circumstances that have been the cause for the way the season is gone.

Let's put it like this. Are you ready to sit Peyton Manning on the bench, with the way the season has gone? Obviously Manning's not winning, I think it's time to give Curtis Painter a chance. He's younger, he'll be there longer, and with the way the season has gone, how could it hurt.

Right?

I understand it, yes. I find it completely moronic is the thing.
Well, between you and the Vikings, there's only one of you who are at every practice and every game, and have been for five years. And it's not you.

Now, that's not to say come next week that I don't agree to start a HEALTHY Jackson over an injured Favre. However, if Favre can go - against a team like New York, you certainly don't want a guy who throws 3 picks in a game and hope Peterson can rush you out of that back into another win.

That's the thing at the end of the day: the team wins or at least is far more competitive with fewer throws and more running. Favre comes off to me as a guy that is going to throw far more often than run which isn't what helps the team win. Also given the injuries piling up and his age probably making it harder for him to heal, I have more and more issues with him being the automatic starter.

That's my issue with the Vikings: this season is over for them and according to Favre it's his last season (which I don't buy but it's what he says). They have Jackson there who at least has some experience and is ok at QB. They need to put him in there for some significant time and see if he's a guy they can use or if they need to go shopping. By keeping Favre in there for whatever reason, they're wasting time. I don't get the idea at all.

If they ever had any faith in TJ as a starter they never would have went out and picked up Sage Rosenfels or Brett Favre, and you don't bench a guy you're paying $20 mil.

So...you don't understand why when two guys have identical records (looking at just the last two games) the Vikings want the Hall of Famer who had an MVP caliber season last year in taking them to the NFC Championship over the guy they've seen for five years and constantly feel has underperformed?

This is very true. And while last season the team was great, this season they're not. It's Favre's last season (allegedly) and he definitely does not have them where they were supposed to be. That to me doesn't mean you should do the same thing every time.

You keep saying "the way the season has gone", but what you don't seem to get is that it's highly possible there are other circumstances that have been the cause for the way the season is gone.

I get that. That's all well and good. How do you know for sure that Jackson couldn't have made things work under the same circumstances? On paper it may seem very clear that he wouldn't, but how do you know until he's given a chance. Favre wasn't winning under those circumstances, but there was never any talk of changing things. Favre kept getting hurt and still no talk. Why not? Because he used to be a great player. I get so sick of hearing about him and his greatness all the time. He won one Super Bowl 15 years ago and has gotten his team deep into the playoffs twice since then. Don't bother breaking this down as it's pure bias against him and shouldn't be taken seriously at all. I've never liked him and still don't to this day.

Let's put it like this. Are you ready to sit Peyton Manning on the bench, with the way the season has gone? Obviously Manning's not winning, I think it's time to give Curtis Painter a chance. He's younger, he'll be there longer, and with the way the season has gone, how could it hurt.

The difference there: 5-2 start for Manning vs. 2-5 start for Favre. It's different when you're winning games consistently. The irony here is that as I was typing that Manning threw a pick 6.

Well, between you and the Vikings, there's only one of you who are at every practice and every game, and have been for five years. And it's not you.

Very true and can't argue it at all.

Tampa Bay doing what Atlanta loves to do and that's long drives that eat up clock and result in points. Unfortunately, it was for a TD. Come on Atlanta let's answer back.

I think Minnesota needs to focus on which ever Eagles QB is cut, assuming one gets the axe. Kolb or especially Vick. Either would be a perfect choice for MN.

I kinda doubt thay'll drop either one of them, why would they when they could easily trade either one of them and get a lot in return:shrug:

Exactly. And this is coming from a Favre hater. ;)

I respect everything Favre did as a Packer, still have all my Favre Jersey from his GB days, it's how he handled leaving and all the bullshit that has happened since that I don't like, I still look forward to his HOF induction

Another interception by Manning.

Meh, when you're playing with shit receivers that don't know their routes that happens, doesn't help that Manning prolly confuses the fuck out of all his new receivers with all that shit he barks out before the snap

Bench him. He throws too many interceptions and his team isn't winning. Bench him.

:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back