NFL Week 11 LD

LamaNamaneumi

08-14-2012
Here we go once again, it time for week 11 in the NFL.

1970+NFL+Logo.gif

Thursday saw Da Bears shut out the Dolphins 16-0.
The rest of the games for this week include...

BAL ~ CAR
BUF ~ CIN
DET ~ DAL
CLE ~ JAC
ARI ~ KC
GB ~ MIN
HOU ~ NYJ
OAK ~ PIT
WAS ~ TEN
SEA ~ NO
TB ~ SF
ATL ~ STL
IND ~ NE
NYG ~ PHI (SNF)
DEN ~ SD (MNF)

Favre, T.O., and Kitna all play against their former teams today, will any of them be able to lead their new squad to victory?

Randy Moss looks to become the first player in NFL history to catch a touchdown for three different teams in one season, can he accomplish that goal this week?

new_york_jets_cheerleaders-9235.jpg

img6129q.jpg

images

nyjetsflightcrew8.jpg

I hope you enjoy this week in the NFL.

Vikes are televised again here in PA. I'll be watching despite the fact I don't think we are gonna win today. I see it being pretty much like every other game this season. We will hang in there and then a turnover will turn the table and we won't be able to pull off the comeback. Hopefully I'm wrong as this is likely to be Favre's last game against the Packers.

Pumped for vikes-pack then colts-pats and then gmen-philly, its gonna be a long night over here in the uk, but im well prepared alcohol wise!

A lot of good games today, GB/Min, Ind/NE, NYG/Phi are the three I'm most interested in, though I'm also be paying attention to NYJ/Hou, & Dal/Det

As for Fantasy, I added Shonn Greene and decided to start him in place of Best, who really hasn't done shit lately, hopefully that move doesn't backfire on me, the only ff question I really have is Wayne or Gaffeny?

Hmm Gaffney is surprisingly have a solid season. However I can't see reason to starting him over Wayne. Pats secondary isn't great and with the Colts missing Hart and Addai (plus I think Brown is nicked up) I see Manning throwing the rock plenty of times this afternoon. Also Collie is recovering the concussion and who knows how active he will be and Garcon has had the dropsies this year. I'd stick with Wayne.

See Wayne would normally be a no-brainer but the combination of the "Questionable" tag next to his name and the fact that he only had 3 catches for 34 yds. last week against the Bungles, plus Peyton has this crazy ability to make any receiver he wants to look good, which always makes me nervous

Gaffney is on a team that throws on almost every fucking play it seems, so he'd get his fair share of looks, I know this for sure

One thing I do know, is Hines Ward can go fuck himself, every time I start him he does absolutely nothing for me, anybody in that league want to trade for him, I'm looking for another decent RB

Hines Ward was never a great fantasy WR to begin with.

I'm heavily debating on ditching Moss. He has to do good this week against Washington's awful defense.

Davone Bess shit on me Thursday night, but the Bears Defense delivered for a random one-week pick-up.

Unfortunately, in the league I had Bess; I'm hurting at WR all over. Wes Welker & T. Owens will need to double it up to help me recover from Bess' fuck up. And to think, I benched Garcon over Bess. (Fuck you NY Steve Smith, and your stupid injury) At least I get V-Jax next week. (thanks Justin ;))

Fantasy Line-Ups:

nfl.com League 1:
Tom Brady
Peyton Hillis (benched Arian Foster)
Adrian Peterson
Devone Bess - 1.90 pts. (benched Pierre Garcon)
Wes Welker
Terrell Owens
Jacob Tamme (he was just sitting there in FA; fuck you Hernandez)
Matt Bryant (Jeff Reed fucked me)
TN Defense

nfl.com League 2:
Aaron Rodgers
Arian Foster (benched Blount)
LaDainian Tomlinson
Jeremy Maclin (benched Wes Welker)
Miles Austin (benched Steve Johnson)
Terrell Owens
Jacob Tamme
Josh Scobee (Jeff Reed fucked me)
CHI Bears Defense - 18.00 pts

Yahoo League:
Michael Vick
Michael Turner, Jahvid Best, Fred Jackson (benched McFadden)
Calvin Johnson, Johnny Knox (10.50 pts), Jabar Gaffney (benched Bess - thankfully)
Tony Gonzalez (benched Hernandez, picked up Gronkowski)
David Akers
NO Saints Defense

I'm considering putting McFadden in over Best, but that seems risky considering Pittsburgh targets opposing teams star players by concusting them.. :suspic: so I figure McFadden will be out with a concussion before the end of the 1st Quarter. Anyone have any thoughts on who should start for me? McFadden or Best?

Overall, I don't really like ANY of my RBs match-ups, except for Hillis but that one is even questionable if Jacksonville can take a huge (early) lead.

Best has been hurt and hasn't scored since week 2. He hasn't broken 100 yards rushing. Even against Dallas's D, I wouldn't expect a lot out of him, if any.

And not really excited to watch another road loss. This is just trudging through the pain right now with Stafford out. Especially since we caught Dallas 2 weeks too late, it seems.

Will, wtf would you start Devon Bess, after Miami lost 2 starting QBs on a short week?!?

This is what I have going
Team 1:
QB-Aaron Rodgers
RB-Brandon Jackson
RB-LT
WR-Jabar Gaffney/Reggie Wayne (Still trying to make a decision here)
WR-James Jones
WR-Mario Manningham
TE-Dustin Keller (Cause Will stole Tamme off waiver wires from me, this is like the fourth time this season I'ver tried to get somebody off waivers and you take them:glare:)
K-Akers
D-Indy

Team 2:
QB-Freeman
RB-C. Johnson
RB-Greene (Benched Best)
WR-C. Johnson
WR-J. Jones
WR-M. Manningham
TE-Z. Miller (fuck you Hernandez)
K-L. Tynes
D-GB

As you can see I have a lot of faith in both Jones and Mannigham this week

yahoo fantasy sports said:
RB Michael Turner rushed 172 times for 733 yards and has scored five touchdowns against Baltimore.

Yahoo is on fucking crack.

Anyone in my league, or any for that matter - click on the icon next to Turner's name and read the first sentence - this is what you'll see. :lmao: I somehow think I got fucked out of some fantasy pts, considering he only got me 3.90 in that game.

Will, wtf would you start Devon Bess, after Miami lost 2 starting QBs on a short week?!?

Uhm, Thigpen wasn't exactly the worst (*cough* St. Pierre *cough*) option going for them. And Bess has been a rec. machine, with Marshall taking coverage everywhere.

Marshall got hurt, and Hartline fucking stole everything, leaving Bess jaded. Hartline got my OPPONENT 12 fucking pts. Those were Bess' pts, dammit.

This is what I have going
Team 1:
QB-Aaron Rodgers
RB-Brandon Jackson
RB-LT
WR-Jabar Gaffney/Reggie Wayne (Still trying to make a decision here)
WR-James Jones
WR-Mario Manningham
TE-Dustin Keller (Cause Will stole Tamme off waiver wires from me, this is like the fourth time this season I'ver tried to get somebody off waivers and you take them:glare:)
K-Akers
D-Indy

You are on crack, if you think Brandon Jackson is going to help you against Minnesota. Law-firm (Green-Ellis) is on the FA list - pick him up instead. He's facing a favorable match-up against INDY. If not him.. Keiland Williams (WAS), McGahee (BAL), and Tolbert (SD) are all viable options.

Tolbert is slated to start with Matthews being doubtful - against one of the worst rush D's in the league. And McGahee will more than likely get a ton of garbage time against Carolina, after they destroy us by halftime. (although - interesting stat; Baltimore has NEVER beaten Carolina.. lol because that means everything)

If I needed an alternative, I'd go with Green-Ellis, personally.

Team 2:
QB-Freeman
RB-C. Johnson
RB-Greene (Benched Best)
WR-C. Johnson
WR-J. Jones
WR-M. Manningham
TE-Z. Miller (fuck you Hernandez)
K-L. Tynes
D-GB

Manningham should be fine with Smith out, and Nicks taking all the coverage. Just depends how good Eli wants to play.. uh, nevermind - they play Philly.

Miller is Questionable, Gronkowski is available.. and most importantly, so is Benjamin (McCoy loves me) Watson. AGAINST Jacksonville. I'd say Watson is a good option.

As for QBs, Sanchez is a better option than Freeman (this week) since Sanchez is facing Houston and Freeman is facing a better Defense than Houston. :lmao: For what its worth (skoff if you will) Jon Kitna is also a good one-week pick-up, since he's likely going to want to explode on his former team.

As you can see I have a lot of faith in both Jones and Mannigham this week

Unsure about Jones - I hope he gets you 6 TDs.. because that means he'll get Rodgers (aka - my team) just as many.

I wouldn't be surprised if Carolina puts up over 20 points against Baltimore. Hopefully the Ravens can get a lot of sacks. My other defense San Diego has 20 more points than Baltimore this season.

Yahoo is on fucking crack.

Anyone in my league, or any for that matter - click on the icon next to Turner's name and read the first sentence - this is what you'll see. :lmao: I somehow think I got fucked out of some fantasy pts, considering he only got me 3.90 in that game.

I think that was actually right b/c Turner hardly did anything last week after I guess they realised they weren't going to run on the Ravens. Snelling was the main RB the Falcons used for the game.

I wouldn't be surprised if Carolina puts up over 20 points against Baltimore. Hopefully the Ravens can get a lot of sacks. My other defense San Diego has 20 more points than Baltimore this season.

I joke, and rightfully so, but Brian St. Pierre is the most experienced QB we've had starting for us this year.

Its quite possible he'll be able to find Steve Smith more than Moore, Clausen & Pike seemed to. And Baltimore has given up a lot of passing yards, but still.. I just don't see us staying in this game.

Another side-note; if Carolina finishes the season 1-15.. John Fox's overall record will be .500 (72-72) Because of that, I believe they'll try harder than anything to at least win one more game, so he leaves with a technical winning record. (not that they aren't trying, technically, as it is.)

OK, quick fantasy Q.

Carolina Steve Smith, Reggie Bush, or Eddie Royal? Bush (questionable) is likely to play. Royal sucks and is questionable, Smith has St. Pierre throwing to him.

EDIT: I forgot to add Lee Evans and Shonn Greene to the list.

OK, quick fantasy Q.

Carolina Steve Smith, Reggie Bush, or Eddie Royal? Bush (questionable) is likely to play. Royal sucks and is questionable, Smith has St. Pierre throwing to him.

EDIT: I forgot to add Lee Evans and Shonn Greene to the list.

Bush = likely to have a big game.

Steve Smith = risky, but St. Pierre is the most experienced QB to throw to him thus far, and Baltimore has allowed more and more passing yds lately; so it's possible. Still risky.

Royal, if he plays, will have Kyle (I fuck your fantasy shit up) Orton throwing him the ball.

Lee Evans is a hit or miss. Check out what he did last week, go from there. Actually, no, he's playing Cinci's CBs - which are better than given credit for.

Shonn Greene was given just as many touches as LT, so Ryan was true in saying he wanted to even it out more. But did Greene make his touches go anywhere? (I don't know) Greene is also facing Houston's shit D..

I'd say Bush for a RB, and a coin flip between Smith & Royal.. likely Royal, but I personally wanna see Smith explode.

EDIT: I can't stand "Q" labels. Start Smith out of safety that you don't get fucked with Royal injuring himself before the game and missing it, or injuring himself early in the game and leaving. Just be ready for disappointment. :lmao:

Bush = likely to have a big game.
Steve Smith = risky, but St. Pierre is the most experienced QB to throw to him thus far, and Baltimore has allowed more and more passing yds lately; so it's possible. Still risky.

Royal, if he plays, will have Kyle (I fuck your fantasy shit up) Orton throwing him the ball.

Lee Evans is a hit or miss. Check out what he did last week, go from there. Actually, no, he's playing Cinci's CBs - which are better than given credit for.

Shonn Greene was given just as many touches as LT, so Ryan was true in saying he wanted to even it out more. But did Greene make his touches go anywhere? (I don't know) Greene is also facing Houston's shit D..

I'd say Bush for a RB, and a coin flip between Smith & Royal.. likely Royal, but I personally wanna see Smith explode.
It's for my flex. I'm starting Maclin/Crabtree/Burleson (against Dallas' crap secondary), and Thomas Jones/LT as well. LT will get less touches, but in a PPR league will rack up a few receptions. Thinking of benching TJ for Shonn, and putting all my eggs in the bad Houston D, but I don't want too many Jets (I have Sanchez starting over Bradford and the Folkster kicking as well).

I was thinking about going Bush/LT as by RBs, and starting Evans or Smith at the Flex. Or going Greene/LT and Bush flex. Bush and LT will get me receptions, and Houston has a shit D, so even though I'm putting all my eggs in the Jet basket, it's a pretty good basket to put it all in.

It's for my flex. I'm starting Maclin/Crabtree/Burleson (against Dallas' crap secondary), and Thomas Jones/LT as well. LT will get less touches, but in a PPR league will rack up a few receptions. Thinking of benching TJ for Shonn, and putting all my eggs in the bad Houston D, but I don't want too many Jets (I have Sanchez starting over Bradford and the Folkster kicking as well).

I was thinking about going Bush/LT as by RBs, and starting Evans or Smith at the Flex. Or going Greene/LT and Bush flex. Bush and LT will get me receptions, and Houston has a shit D, so even though I'm putting all my eggs in the Jet basket, it's a pretty good basket to put it all in.

Bush & LT sound like a great match-up in PPR leagues. I honestly think Bush will get a bulk of the carries, and catches - and is almost guaranteed for at LEAST 1 TD in his return.

I still WANT to believe St. Pierre will find ways to get Smith the ball, but I also have to believe Baltimore's Defense is going to want to rape Carolina early and often to get back on track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back