NFL WEEK 6 LD

Reggie Wayne needs to get me 7.19 points for me to win this fantasy week (it's a PPR league, so a TD would pretty much guarantee it). So naturally Manning hands off on 3rd and 10, and they kick a FG.

So far Wayne, Clark, & Torain have given me a combined 48.2 pts. in this game, I'm currently up 143.45-109.5

Reggie Wayne needs to get me 7.19 points for me to win this fantasy week (it's a PPR league, so a TD would pretty much guarantee it). So naturally Manning hands off on 3rd and 10, and they kick a FG.

Not

Gonna

Happen

You're traveling to the world of 4-2 alongside me ST.

If Washington can get the ball back, I would be willing to bet they get a reasonable Field Goal opportunity. Especially since Indy is throwing incompletes, saving the Skins their timeout.

Washington will get the ball with 3 time outs AND the 2 minute warning. They moved at will against Indy last drive.

The Skins might score with a minute to go.

Still not gonna happen. I'm not getting fucked out of another win like I did last week.

No shit, but that doesn't mean we're a 6 or 8 win team with him. Probably not even a 5 win team.

We've been in every single game till pretty much the very end with Shaun Hill as our QB. It's not like they're getting blown out of the water every game. They're actually competitive with a backup QB that isn't worth more then 2-3 starts. These guys are like the teams of past that would quit when they're down. While they still aren't getting the W's they're certainly more competitive and a better team as a whole in only Schwartz's 2nd year of rebuilding.

It's a problem, but it isn't the problem. We have, A. Lack of talent/depth, and B. A total losing mentality. Targeting Calvin Johnson so little is a problem, but we need to be able to run the ball. To win a football game, you use the run to set up the pass, not the other way around. Games are won and lost on the line, and we don't have the offensive line to win ANY of those battles.

A. That will come with time. Schwartz/Mayhew cleaned out pretty much the entire 08 team and have had 2 offseasons to get a competent team together. The 08 team was shit, and now Schwartz is finally getting some guys that he likes and they're producing (Williams, KVB, Scheffler, Burleson). I know it's pretty much been a broken record for 50+ years now, but rebuilding these Lions was gonna take time after 0-16. It wasn't gonna be a quick fix like Atlanta and Miami were after their poor seasons. The Lions probably don't have more then 8 or 9 guys held over from the 0-16 team that play significant time now. Calvin, Backus, Raiola, Cherilous, and Hanson are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

B. Again that comes with time. I like Schwartz, personally. I think he has the right mentality for this job. And like I said, they've been close every single game. Right now they don't have all the right pieces, but they're quickly getting there. Their D-Line is one of the best at getting pass rushes. The DB's have been better then advertised, and the Lions were (before this week, don't know where they are now) the top scoring team in the NFC. That's positives to think about. Yeah, the D still has a lot of issues (the CB's are still bad, but can get a few turnovers; LB corps is also quite weak) but doing what they've done in the short amount of time is a VAST improvement.

Backus and Cherilus are jokes, Raiola is getting old, and our guards are average at best. As long as I've been a Lions fan, we've had a shit offensive line, and it continues today. Not everything is about the skill position players. If it were, we wouldn't be in so much trouble every, single year.

Yes, the line does need to do a makeover, no doubt about it. Personally, I think Peterman's our worst. Constantly gets beat + has a lot of false starts/holdings. Even so, they're still racking up the points, WITH a shit line.

We make plays as a defense, I'll give you that. But we can't stop anyone. We are one of the worst defenses in the league, in terms of giving up yards and touchdowns. The penalties are a problem..and have been for years. See a patern here? The Lions are apart of a losing culture, and it hurts them every year.

But Schwartz is starting to bring guys who have won something. KVB was winning with him in Tennessee. Larry Foote was apart of a SB champion before coming over. Yeah, he's not there now, but he brought a winners mentality over.

A lot of these defensive players are young and will make mistakes. It's the growing pains of a young team. Only KVB, Peterson, Williams really had any great experience before coming over. And if the guys can't cut down on the penalties, there's no doubt they'll be benched/released.

Yeah, weapons, and no offensive line. Haven't had one..ever. Not since the 50's. A team can have all of the weapons it wants, but when the Quarterback is on his ass every 3rd play because we can't keep pressure off of him, it doesn't matter. Thinking 'weapons' can solve our problems is why Matt Millen is no longer with the team.

The offense isn't the problem. It's the defense. If you can average 24-25 points a game then you should be in almost every game (which they have) and the offense is doing it's job. Yes we need a line, but in order to make a more complete team, we need to address the back 7 this offseason. Schwartz has the D-Line he wants. He has the QB, RBs, WRs, TEs, he wants. The DB's (save for probably Delmas) need to be fixed. If you can fix the back 7 + the O line, then by all means do it, but our offense has proven it can score, so our focus has to be on the Defense which, like you said, has still been poor.

I agree they have to do a better job at protecting Stafford, but sometimes he's gonna have to take a hit and try and land right. He didn't take a proper fall Week 1. Yes, it was a blindside hit, but once you feel a hit you gotta tuck your arm in so you don't risk the type of injury he had.

Bet Indy wished they had a defense that was worth a shit right about now

oh and I can't beleive I'm about to say this, but could the Skins be for real this year?

OK, the Colts need to win. the 2 guys who got the sack on McNabb right there looked like they were doing the Bushwhackers thing.

Yeeeup let's see if Manning is stupid enough to throw the ball 3 times in a row rather than run it.

So what are the odds Garrard only gets 3 fantasy points or less on an ESPN league tomorrow night?

So what are the odds Garrard only gets 3 fantasy points or less on an ESPN league tomorrow night?
really good. He'll get hurt and Trent Edwards will throw for 400 yards and 6 scores...

Actually, it's unlikely, unless as I said he gets hurt, which is unlikely.

Yeah, if that guy just tipped it, or missed it completely, Washington's getting a 80 yard TD. Great play.

I'm down by one .9 pts in my other league, with CJ and Britt still the go, thinking the odds of me losing that one are pretty slim right now:lmao:

Really getting tired of hearing about Favre's dick pic, A.) what kind of stupid bitch keeps a pic like that on her phone for 2 years, and then decided to report it, and B.) Favre has never really had any off field issues before in his career, all of a sudden now he's going to start sending pics of his dick to reporters, yeah bullshit

at least I won my other league.

Oh, and the Jets still have the best record in the NFL, and will at weeks end.

Meh I'm happy with this week. Vikes won and I won my game in my money league, I have a great opportunity to be the top team in the league provided MJD goes off tomorrow night.

Vikes won and the rest of the North lost so this week was perfect. Good week in football. Jets/Broncs was exciting, as was Colts/Skins. A solid week indeed.

Vikes won and the rest of the North lost so this week was perfect. Good week in football. Jets/Broncs was exciting, as was Colts/Skins. A solid week indeed.
Yeah, too bad the Pack couldn't win one (or the Ravens) against AFC East teams that matter.

I thought I saw something saying that all the games were within 1 score in the 4th quarter, which is pretty amazing if that's the case. The Jets/Broncos had a great game (especially since the Jets won after getting shit on by the officials until the 2 minute warning). And I'm happy for Tim Tebow, finally getting a TD, even if it was against my team.

We've been in every single game till pretty much the very end with Shaun Hill as our QB. It's not like they're getting blown out of the water every game. They're actually competitive with a backup QB that isn't worth more then 2-3 starts. These guys are like the teams of past that would quit when they're down. While they still aren't getting the W's they're certainly more competitive and a better team as a whole in only Schwartz's 2nd year of rebuilding.

I'm not saying they aren't showing signs of improvement; they are. I agree they are not quitting as easily. But you have to understand what makes a team quit; losing. We have a lot of new guys on this team, and you can't say they won't suffer the same attitude change other Lions' teams have before. If we keep losing like this, these guys are going to adapt the same exact attitude as those before them.

A. That will come with time. Schwartz/Mayhew cleaned out pretty much the entire 08 team and have had 2 offseasons to get a competent team together. The 08 team was shit, and now Schwartz is finally getting some guys that he likes and they're producing (Williams, KVB, Scheffler, Burleson). I know it's pretty much been a broken record for 50+ years now, but rebuilding these Lions was gonna take time after 0-16. It wasn't gonna be a quick fix like Atlanta and Miami were after their poor seasons. The Lions probably don't have more then 8 or 9 guys held over from the 0-16 team that play significant time now. Calvin, Backus, Raiola, Cherilous, and Hanson are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Agreed, and I'm glad they've been cleaning house as well.

B. Again that comes with time. I like Schwartz, personally. I think he has the right mentality for this job. And like I said, they've been close every single game. Right now they don't have all the right pieces, but they're quickly getting there. Their D-Line is one of the best at getting pass rushes. The DB's have been better then advertised, and the Lions were (before this week, don't know where they are now) the top scoring team in the NFC. That's positives to think about. Yeah, the D still has a lot of issues (the CB's are still bad, but can get a few turnovers; LB corps is also quite weak) but doing what they've done in the short amount of time is a VAST improvement.

Yes, we've improved. I'm not saying we haven't. I'm saying we have issues that go further than having/not having skill position guys. That's all I'm saying.

Yes, the line does need to do a makeover, no doubt about it. Personally, I think Peterman's our worst. Constantly gets beat + has a lot of false starts/holdings. Even so, they're still racking up the points, WITH a shit line.

Yeah, but we're 24th in the league in time of possession. You have to keep the other teams offense off of the field, to give you defense a rest. They can't play 70% of the game, and play at a high level. It just doesn't work that way. We haven't been able to consistenly run the ball for years. And I don't want to hear any shit about the running backs. We've had good enough running backs to do the job. Our inability to run the ball is totally the fault of a piss-poor offensive line, that no one wants to change (management I mean).

Larry Foote was apart of a SB champion before coming over. Yeah, he's not there now, but he brought a winners mentality over.

He did? For one season, and it didn't spread.

A lot of these defensive players are young and will make mistakes. It's the growing pains of a young team. Only KVB, Peterson, Williams really had any great experience before coming over. And if the guys can't cut down on the penalties, there's no doubt they'll be benched/released.

Agreed.

The offense isn't the problem. It's the defense. If you can average 24-25 points a game then you should be in almost every game (which they have) and the offense is doing it's job. Yes we need a line, but in order to make a more complete team, we need to address the back 7 this offseason. Schwartz has the D-Line he wants. He has the QB, RBs, WRs, TEs, he wants. The DB's (save for probably Delmas) need to be fixed. If you can fix the back 7 + the O line, then by all means do it, but our offense has proven it can score, so our focus has to be on the Defense which, like you said, has still been poor.

I agree, to an extent. Our offense has been good enough to stay in games, but not to win a game (minus St. Louis). A decent defense can play a lot in the beginning of the season, but if you don't control the clock, you're defense gets worn down. If you can't run the ball consistently, you can't control the clock. It's basic football stuff. Without an offensive line that can play consistently well, we're fucked. Plain and simple. The O-line IS our problem. We've had talented teams in the past that couldn't work hard enough to overcome our terrible o-line.

I agree they have to do a better job at protecting Stafford, but sometimes he's gonna have to take a hit and try and land right. He didn't take a proper fall Week 1. Yes, it was a blindside hit, but once you feel a hit you gotta tuck your arm in so you don't risk the type of injury he had.

Ok, I'm not talking about his injury. Things happen. I'm talking about the overall lack of protection. Historically, teams who give up a ton of sacks do not win. Teams who allow their quarterback to be chased after the entire game do not win. It doesn't matter who our QB is if he doesn't have time to make his reads/throw the ball. Until the Lions FINALLY address that awful o-line, they're in big, big trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back