NFL Week Eleven LD - The Tebows, erm, Broncos on Prime Time

Tebow fucking rules, man. I don't understand how anyone could not love this kid, unless you have a deep hatred for the Broncos organization as a whole.

I admit Tebow runs a good two minute drill but everyone has to admit that the Broncos D won that game and is the main reason for their recent surge.

I admit Tebow runs a good two minute drill but everyone has to admit that the Broncos D won that game and is the main reason for their recent surge.

The Broncos won the game, not their defense. It was a complete team effort.

Tebow fucking rules, man. I don't understand how anyone could not love this kid, unless you have a deep hatred for the Broncos organization as a whole.

The other day I heard someone say something to this effect:

Tebow is the only player in the league that almost everyone has an opinion on. He gets people talking and it's not like anyone else on the Broncos has done that in years. How is this guy not great for the team?

Oh yeah and the guy has led them to 4 wins in 5 starts, which is more than Orton got them in 13 starts last year.

I really don't care who anybody gives the credit to.

That drive had to be the most I've rooted for a non-Saints NFL team since the Broncos faced the Packers in the Super Bowl back in the late nineties (I grew up a huge John Elway fan). What an awesome game, and I just couldn't be happier for my man Tim Tebow. Hopefully this is still just the beginning of a long, successful career as a STARTING NFL QUARTERBACK.

I just want to cheer for Tebow due to all the hate he gets yet he still gets the job done. If they somehow make the playoffs I'll love it.

Precisely. I'm a Chiefs fan, I hate everything from Denver. But I have to admit, the dudes a fucking winner.

I seem to remember a guy named Mark Sanchez who led the Jets to 2 straight AFC Title games and everyone was saying he was good because he was a winner. Now all of the sudden everyone says he sucks because the team is no longer winning (I've always thought he sucked). Being a winner is nice but very rarely do qb's like Sanchez and Tebow who aren't as skilled at the position win like this on a consistent basis season after season. What happens when he hits a rough patch and he's putting up the same numbers but they're not winning? Then does he go from everyone's darling to a shit qb? I'm curious to see how his current fan base sticks with him over the years.

One negative about him: the guy has the longest run-on sentences in the history of post game press conferences.

I just want to cheer for Tebow due to all the hate he gets yet he still gets the job done. If they somehow make the playoffs I'll love it.

I don't think anyone really hates the guy. His ostentatiousness (sp?) can be irritating but he is pretty hard to hate compared to any other opposing QB in the NFL. But it is even harder to not point out his poor accuracy and the fact that no mobile QBs have won a SB without also having a good arm. Right now I can't think of any mobile QB that won a SB other than Steve Young.

The other day I heard someone say something to this effect:

Tebow is the only player in the league that almost everyone has an opinion on. He gets people talking and it's not like anyone else on the Broncos has done that in years. How is this guy not great for the team?

Oh yeah and the guy has led them to 4 wins in 5 starts, which is more than Orton got them in 13 starts last year.
Exactly. He's John Fucking Cena. And hell, he and his lack of being an asshole appeal to the kids just like Cena too.

Who got the winning touchdown? Tebow. Everybody would be blaming him if they lost.
Unline every QB in the NFL, anti-Tebow people blame him if they lose, and give credit to everyone else when they win.

Someone check on Stormy.

Stormy's a Teboner too if I'm not mistaken
This, and they didn't deserve to win the game, they played like shit. They need to get a pass rusher and either an every down back or some run-blocking linemen. They don't have an every down back, nor run-blocking linemen (Faneca and Woody were 2 of the best in the league at that, and they let them go). The best pure pass rusher on the team is Aaron Maybin, who is awesome, but is just a speed guy.

I seem to remember a guy named Mark Sanchez who led the Jets to 2 straight AFC Title games and everyone was saying he was good because he was a winner. Now all of the sudden everyone says he sucks because the team is no longer winning (I've always thought he sucked). Being a winner is nice but very rarely do qb's like Sanchez and Tebow who aren't as skilled at the position win like this on a consistent basis season after season. What happens when he hits a rough patch and he's putting up the same numbers but they're not winning? Then does he go from everyone's darling to a shit qb? I'm curious to see how his current fan base sticks with him over the years.
Give Sanchez an O-Coordinator who isn't so fucking conservative and he could be even better. Schottenheimer was good in 2009, but he still calls plays like he has the 2009 players. He doesn't have the run-blocking linemen, he doesn't have the dependable back in Tom Jones. Sanchez gets about 2 opportunities a game to throw long passes.

And yes, winners are fine. Tebow is a proven winner, as is Sanchez. Give them a chance and they can win the game for you. Tebow did it. Sanchez barely had a chance, but still did it 7 times since week 6 of 2010.

...and he can't throw for shit. I will give him this, he's easily the best RB that team currently has.
Bull fucking shit. He isn't a great thrower, but he's hardly the shittiest thrower ever, like everyone says. He is not a below average pocket passer. Get him on the run, and his throws are much better. I don't know why Denver keeps trying to keep him in the pocket. He made a bunch of really impressive throws tonight (along with some bad ones).

He's the best QB on the Denver Broncos by about 10 miles. I'm not arguing he is the best runner they have, but he's not a RB, he's a QB.

Can someone tell me why Von Miller didn't get flagged for his 2 roughing the passers on Sanchez? The NFL is about protecting the QBs, and every other QB in the league gets those calls (which should be made, as Von drove himself into Sanchez after he released the ball).

I don't think i've ever seen a more embarrising hatred than Big Sexy has in Tebow. Every single LD turns into him constantly purting him down and discrediting nearly everything he does. We get it, you don't think he has what it takes. You've made that very clear. Your constantly insulting his abilities and undermining his accomplishments as a starting QB at every turn. It's just not neccasary.

If Tebow was black, Big Sexy would be too busy sucking Tebow's undoubtedly large penis to reply to this post.

I'd seriously laugh my ass off if Tebow would lead them to a GW drive with like 20 seconds left after playing like shit all day.

Pretty close...

I never said Tebow was good. I like the guy, but I realize the Broncos type of offense they've been running is the perfect style for him. He's not gonna put up Brady or Rodgers like numbers probably ever in his career (at least not this early). The type of way the Broncos are winning lately is the same exact formula the Jets had the past two season - run the ball, try to keep your QB from making mistakes, and play defense. Right now, his throwing abilities are probably in the bottom 10 of starting QBs. However, his threat to run does give him an edge on some guys who might be slightly better passers, since only Vick probably would've been able to scramble for that same TD Tebow had (out of all 32 starters).

And the difference with Tebow and Sanchez is that ability to run. Tebow may have games where he only puts up 100 passing yards, but if he runs for 60 or 70 on one drive (like he did in that GW drive) they have a great shot of winning (if they play D). Sanchez can't do that.

Do I think Tebow will ever be the most polished passer in the league? No. Do I think he should be an H-Back or TE? Hell no. The guys played QB all his life and now you're going to change him to a position that would set him back yet another year or two? That's dumb. What Fox is giving him now on offense, 8-12 runs and 15-20 passes, is exactly what he should be doing until Tebow polishes it up. He can win you some games with that amount and good defensive play (like he has in the past 5 weeks).

I just think you're too quick to judge on a guy that is only in his second year trying to change from his system in Florida to an NFL system and have built your opinion before he even stepped on the field. I was a skeptic of Tebow but after watching that game I see that this guy, right now, has the running ability to win you a game and the passing ability to not lose you a game (since if he's not hitting his receivers he's not hitting anyone. He's thrown 1 INT this year). That's a lot more then what you can say for some guys. Right now he's a game manager that has the ability to kill you with a big play or two a game. Jumping on the guy and saying he's poor after the 8 or 10 starts he's made (more of which he's won and hasn't been completely awful) is short sighted.

Pretty close...

Yes and trust me, I was laughing. Still can't believe he drove them 96 yards in the last chance of the game. The Tebow legend grows...

I don't think i've ever seen a more embarrising hatred than Big Sexy has in Tebow. Every single LD turns into him constantly purting him down and discrediting nearly everything he does. We get it, you don't think he has what it takes. You've made that very clear. Your constantly insulting his abilities and undermining his accomplishments as a starting QB at every turn. It's just not neccasary.

Where exactly did I bring Tebow down? I complimented his two minute drive and said it would be great if they could just use him for the lat two minutes of every game. I also said the defense won that game and not the offense, which they did. Are you going to tell me that Tebow and the offense played well outside of the last two minutes? Are you going to tell me the defense wasn't the main reason Denver won the game? From day one I've said he is a good leader and good runner because he is. However, he is still awful as a passer and if he is ever going to be a consistently good starting qb then that has to change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back