• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NFL Week Thirteen LD - Chargers/Jaguars MNF? That's, uh, that's just flat out awful.

Did you actually read anything I wrote because I certainly said nothing close to that. I said Tebow has played well the last couple weeks but the defense and the coaching are just as important to the success during this 7 game run as Tebow is. Not sure how you get sucks and zero credit out of that.
Yes I did, and again you refuse to give him any credit.

you have said he "played well". That means fuck all. Tebow played EXCELLENT, or GREAT today. Just like he's played EXCELLENT in a lot of his other games.

Tim Tebow deserves 95% of the credit for the Broncos winning today; and at least 50% of the credit for them winning the other 5, and you are yet to give him any credit. And the only thing the Coaching has done to get any credit is use an offense to suit their QB, who you are refusing to give any credit. That just means that the coaching (which royally fucked up this entire Tebow situation by refusing to give him any practice reps and dropped him to 4th QB during Training Camp) finally came to their senses. They don't deserve credit for not being stupid dumbasses anymore.

We get it, you hate Tim Tebow because he's either white or a Christian or unconventional or whatever. Give it the fuck up, the guy earned the right to be an NFL QB, and has taken that chance and done excellent things. Shut the fuck up already.

TD Saints.

The Jets have a bandwagon that always has room for more. And they don't suck like the Chefs do.

And the Jets are in the playoff hunt still, thanks to a good win against the Washington Redskins.

:lmao: "good win" as if there is such a thing as a bad win...

And now onto the Tebow debate garbage again. Lets summarize this debate:
-Our 2 esteemed Forum Administrators: Tim Tebow deserves credit for the Broncos being 6-1 since Tebow became the starter.
-Big Sexy, a highly regarded poster: Tim Tebow sucks and deserves zero credit, the Defense is the only reason the Broncos are winning.

This argument has happened virtually every week. This week KB brought up being a darkhorse MVP vote-getter. Big Sexy hated that and called him a moron. Big Sexy is 100% wrong here. If the Broncos play like this all year long, Timmy Tebow will get some consideration for the MVP race (again, he won't win, but he'd be in the race). I wouldn't be surprised if he finished 4th or 5th.

You really should read his post before spewing this bullshit, first of all, most people disagreed with KB's call of Tebow being considered an MVP candidate, including the other Tebowners. Second BS didn't call him or anyone else a moron ever, & he also isn't saying Tebow sucks, he's just pointing that Tebows supporters give him too much credit, which they do. Big Sexy is not 100% wrong at all, he's saying the defense deserves some of the credit for the recent turn around in the Broncos record & he's correct, people act as if Tebow is doing everything by himself which is not the case at all, the defense is a huge part of why they're doing so well right now. I would say Fox, the defense, & Tebow are all pretty evenly responsible to the teams current success. Also Sexy has given Tebow some credit when he does something well, it's amazing how people only focus on the negative shit he has to say about Tebow & never any of the positive. I assure you he has given Tebow praise where he deserves it, anyone who actually takes time read the guys entire post can see that.

Yes I did, and again you refuse to give him any credit.

you have said he "played well". That means fuck all. Tebow played EXCELLENT, or GREAT today. Just like he's played EXCELLENT in a lot of his other games.

No it's obvious you haven't read what I've said the last two weeks. In fact I stated in this thread that Tebow was the biggest reason the Broncos won today. I'm not going to say he is an excellent qb because he isn't. I'm not going to say he is currently an MVP candidate because he isn't. I'll say he seems to improve week after week and this was easily his best game as a pro because he played great but I still don't see a guy who is going to be the Broncos starter for years to come. If he finishes this year strong and shows improvement next year in a full season then maybe that will change but as of right now my opinion is what it is.

My hate for Tebow has nothing to do with his skin color or his religion or his life choices. There are just some players that people don't like. I'm sure you have a few that you don't like. I'm not going to "shut the fuck up" as you so eloquently put it. You still think Mark Sanchez is better then Matt Stafford so you really don't have much room to talk about anything

The Jets have a bandwagon that always has room for more. And they don't suck like the Chefs do.
Yes, but they have a jackass for a coach, and I don't think I can handle a jackass coaching both of my teams.

And now onto the Tebow debate garbage again. Lets summarize this debate:
-Our 2 esteemed Forum Administrators: Tim Tebow deserves credit for the Broncos being 6-1 since Tebow became the starter.
-Big Sexy, a highly regarded poster: Tim Tebow sucks and deserves zero credit, the Defense is the only reason the Broncos are winning.
I disagree with some of this. Big Sexy is not a highly regarded poster. Everything else is pretty close.

This argument has happened virtually every week. This week KB brought up being a darkhorse MVP vote-getter. Big Sexy hated that and called him a moron. Big Sexy is 100% wrong here. If the Broncos play like this all year long, Timmy Tebow will get some consideration for the MVP race (again, he won't win, but he'd be in the race). I wouldn't be surprised if he finished 4th or 5th.

And now onto the Defense.

The D has played better, undoubtedly. However, a main reason they are playing better is because they have a QB that they believe in, and they have someone leading the team. If you were to ask any player on the team, they'd tell you that Tim Tebow is the leader of the team, and they all have complete faith in him, which they never had with Orton.

Tim Tebow has also proven that the team is never out of it with him at QB (he has 6 4th quarter comebacks already). That allows the Defense to not let its guard down thinking the game is over and the offense can't get it together.

This also can't be ignored. The Broncos are running the football more; and running the football WAAAAAY more effectively. This helps the defense stay off the field. The running game is extremely attributed to Tebow, as he is their top runner, and a good portion of the Broncos running is out of an option, where Tebow decides whether he wants to hand off or not.

Yep.

We get it, you hate Tim Tebow because he's either white or a Christian or unconventional or whatever.
I'm going with it's because he's white. As I said last week, if the Broncos had done the exact same thing, only with David Garrard as their quarterback, Big Sexy would be singing the praises of the quarterback. Garrard, of course, is black.

Yes, but they have a jackass for a coach, and I don't think I can handle a jackass coaching both of my teams.
I 100% disagree with Rex Ryan being a jackass. He's honest, he's blunt, he's entertaining, but a jackass he is not.

I disagree with some of this. Big Sexy is not a highly regarded poster. Everything else is pretty close.
Big Sexy usually is a very top notch poster, every once in a while he has an uninformed opinion. This is one of those times.

So pumped for Monday Night Football tonight! Let's go Jaguars! We Khan dig it!
I see what you did there... And I know ESPN is regretting picking this game now, since both teams suck. How they didn't take Giants/Packers is beyond me, especially since both teams have already been on MNF, and the Jaguars were not a highly regarded playoff-bound team last year, or expected to be one this year.

Rex Ryan needs to stop making guarantees. Every year it's the same shit, he guarantees a SB win, every year they fail make it to the SB. Hell this year they might not even make it to the playoffs. I don't know if he's trying to motivate his team by saying it or what, but if that's the case then just stop it, it's clearly not working for you.

Outside of that I really don't have any issue with Rex.

I have zero interest in tonights game, zero.

I disagree with some of this. Big Sexy is not a highly regarded poster

Well I have to disagree with this. Because I think Big Sexy is quite a highly regarded poster who would make an excellent sports mod here on these forums.

Is he always right? Of course not, no one is, especially with sports which is so highly opinion driven. But I think he brings a lot of knowledge of sports to the table, and a lot of passion for it too. Nothing wrong with that.

Rex Ryan needs to stop making guarantees. Every year it's the same shit, he guarantees a SB win, every year they fail make it to the SB. Hell this year they might not even make it to the playoffs. I don't know if he's trying to motivate his team by saying it or what, but if that's the case then just stop it, it's clearly not working for you.

The thing is, everyone knows he talks all that stuff, and people need to take it with a grain of salt.

And what's wrong with saying that you think your team is the best in the NFL. It's much better then the alternative, which Jets fans are used to in Eric Mangini, who always made the Jets fans think their team could win any game, yet alone every game.

Most people don't. Phil Rivers is my fantasy QB, so I have a bit of interest.

I see what you did there... And I know ESPN is regretting picking this game now, since both teams suck. How they didn't take Giants/Packers is beyond me, especially since both teams have already been on MNF, and the Jaguars were not a highly regarded playoff-bound team last year, or expected to be one this year.

They probably are, but I don't care about ESPN's ratings. There is nothing more fun than a Monday Night Football game. The Jags did lead the division last year for moat of the season until the inevitable Garrard/Del Rio collapse happened. Thank God both of them are finally gone. Expect a great crowd tonight in Jacksonville.

Well I have to disagree with this. Because I think Big Sexy is quite a highly regarded poster who would make an excellent sports mod here on these forums.
He's a terrible poster. Is he committed and highly passionate? I'll grant him that. I might even go so far as to say he could make a decent mod.

But he's a terrible poster. Anyone who pays attention to the stupid stuff he says would have to agree.

Personally, I think its Tebow + all the other guys on the roster. It's not one guy, its everyone. The Denver Broncos are winning because they are putting in a team effort that was missing when Kyle Orton was starting. I don't know if its BECAUSE of Tebow that they are playing harder, that he somehow inspires them or whatever, all I am saying is that the entire team is playing harder than they were, and they are winning because of it.

They are winning because John Fox is a smart enough head coach to adjust his offense to match the particular skill set of his QB. Tebow may not be the QB he wants, but he is the QB he has, and he is adapting accordingly.

They are winning because the defense is playing NFL caliber defense. Perhaps their game against the Lions served as a wake up call...

They are winning because Tim Tebow doesn't turn the ball over. He can't throw for shit most of the time, but he also isn't giving the ball right back to the other team...something Trent Dilfer also did well.

You can say it's the defense, you can say it's because of Tebow, but I suspect it's really a combination of everything. Nobody is completely right, but nobody is completely wrong either.

I agree. Wholeheartedly. I've never liked the Jets because their fans have taken on the annoying personality of their Head Coach.

It's one thing to believe in yourselves and all that noise, but it's a whole other dance to go out and start making guarantees.

Rex's first year, they guaranteed a Super Bowl win. Indy crushed that dream with relative ease.

Year Two, I thought they had it, but they put their foot in their mouths and Pittsburgh shut it for good.

Now, there are A LOT of good teams this season and The Jets could very well see their way out of the playoffs and maybe they'll stop talking. It would be music to my ears hearing The Jets Fans quiet and not running their mouths like usual.

Personally, I think its Tebow + all the other guys on the roster. It's not one guy, its everyone. The Denver Broncos are winning because they are putting in a team effort that was missing when Kyle Orton was starting. I don't know if its BECAUSE of Tebow that they are playing harder, that he somehow inspires them or whatever, all I am saying is that the entire team is playing harder than they were, and they are winning because of it.

They are winning because John Fox is a smart enough head coach to adjust his offense to match the particular skill set of his QB. Tebow may not be the QB he wants, but he is the QB he has, and he is adapting accordingly.

They are winning because the defense is playing NFL caliber defense. Perhaps their game against the Lions served as a wake up call...

They are winning because Tim Tebow doesn't turn the ball over. He can't throw for shit most of the time, but he also isn't giving the ball right back to the other team...something Trent Dilfer also did well.

You can say it's the defense, you can say it's because of Tebow, but I suspect it's really a combination of everything. Nobody is completely right, but nobody is completely wrong either.

I think it is Tebow. He breathed a whole new life into that team.

When Orton was starting....well, you saw what happened to them.

And The Colts have given life to the fact that a team can either be successful or unsuccessful because of ONE Man.

Tebow is doing to the Bronocs what Manning does to The Colts. As long as there's a leader that believes in that team, then the team can be as good as anybody. They feed off him and have played some damn good Football. The defense has stepped up and the defining moment has to be when they beat The Jets. They beat them and they haven't looked back.

The Defense may have given up a ton of yards to Ponder and Co., but Tebow played well enough to clutch the win for them. When the D has to, they can knuckle down as well.

The Broncos are for real. The AFC better recognize just who they are. If they get in the playoffs, they might just mess around and BEAT somebody.

He's a terrible poster. Is he committed and highly passionate? I'll grant him that. I might even go so far as to say he could make a decent mod.

But he's a terrible poster. Anyone who pays attention to the stupid stuff he says would have to agree.

You're in the minority in that thinking.

You're in the minority in that thinking.

Doesn't change the fact I'm right. :shrug:

When the fuck did the majority opinion equal accuracy? This is the second time now you've brought up this fallacious argument, as if it has any relevance towards anything. You're a terrible poster. You enjoy sports, you obviously spend time researching a lot of facts about them, but your ability to reason and manipulate the information you have is absolutely wretched.

I need 5 fantasy points from Rivers, Tolbert, or Mike Thomas from here on out to win my fantasy week and make the playoffs.

Come on Gabbert. Throw it to Thomas or punt it to Rivers damnit!

Damnit Chargers, they pulled Rivers/Tolbert! Now I need Gabbert to throw it in garbage time to Thomas.

That's not gonna happen. Stupid Jaguars. 4 points for Thomas? Not cool, he's your top receiver.

Oh, and now everyone is gonna start the "Chargers will make the playoffs" crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back