NFL Week Thirteen LD - Chargers/Jaguars MNF? That's, uh, that's just flat out awful.

I remember being a big Packers fan. Then they treated Favre like crap and I swore to never support them until Favre was gone. Now that Favre is gone, I try to like the Packers again, but I just can't do it.

I guess I'm just a Chiefs fan now. Fuck.

Hey, at least the Chiefs picked up a win today. Plus, they have weapons, they just have to build around them. Probably get a new QB too.

Ah, Smith's activated today. Good. He's a tad more explosive then Morris and he's been running well the past two weeks.

Sadly, our Secondary will be in deep shit. We're out 2 starters and are going against Brees. We better get some pressure and get some turnovers and Stafford better go back to the Denver game or the 2-4th quarters of Carolinas game. If we get some of his recent performances I don't like our chances. However, he isn't wearing the glove anymore and is supposedly healed finger. Let's hope.

And you said the defense wasn't good. And since then Tebow has reeled over 5 straight wins.

3 heavily related to the defense.

What the fuck else would Most Valuable Player mean? Do you think Rodgers is valuable to the Lions?

Just because you are valuable to your team doesn't mean that you are so valuable to them that you are in contention to be considered the most valuable in the league.

When you have a team that is a last place finisher before Tebow, and a team which is looking more and more likely to be a playoff team with Tebow, how is that not put him in contention for Most Valuable Player?

Because the defensive improvement has been just as important to the teams success. Tebow isn't leading the teams best unit from this winning streak.

So why can't he be a league MVP? He's taken a last place team to first place. Seems pretty valuable to me.

He has done it with a ton of help. Help that wasn't there earlier in the season.

In the last two weeks, I've gotten you to go basically from saying Tebow has had very little influence on his team winning to now saying he's valuable to his team, the Broncos are better with him, and that he's a winner.

I'm schooling you. If you just accept it, it will go much better for you.

My statement was that the defense was more important to their 3-1 start then Tebow was and that was true. Today against the 2-9 Vikings was the first time Tebow led the offense and the Broncos to victory with not a whole ton of help from the defense. Over the last few weeks I haven't said Tebow wasn't valuable just that the defense was just as valuable and sometimes more valuable.

Ah, Smith's activated today. Good. He's a tad more explosive then Morris and he's been running well the past two weeks.

Sadly, our Secondary will be in deep shit. We're out 2 starters and are going against Brees. We better get some pressure and get some turnovers and Stafford better go back to the Denver game or the 2-4th quarters of Carolinas game. If we get some of his recent performances I don't like our chances. However, he isn't wearing the glove anymore and is supposedly healed finger. Let's hope.

It's a winnable game, unlikely, though. If it turns into a shoot out and your offense can score at will, you have a shot (unless they just pop off). Otherwise, you have to hope the defense can make some stops.

It's a winnable game, unlikely, though. If it turns into a shoot out and your offense can score at will, you have a shot (unless they just pop off). Otherwise, you have to hope the defense can make some stops.

I'd rather hope for a defensive battle but our weak secondary will probably be torched by Brees unless we're getting insane pressure by the front 4 or with the blitz.

And we'll need to hang 28-35 to have a real shot and make them actually drive for some TDs. And if Kevin Smith can run the way he has been it'll give them some balance.

The Lions really need Stafford to be on the top of his game especially on the road. I'm hoping Chris Harris can turn back the clock and the reserve corners can step up.

3 heavily related to the defense.
I'm assuming you wouldn't include today's game, or the game against the Raiders in that, would you?

Just because you are valuable to your team doesn't mean that you are so valuable to them that you are in contention to be considered the most valuable in the league.
But when you're so valuable to your team, you go from last place (both last year and this year) to first place that should get you consideration as MOST valuable.

Because the defensive improvement has been just as important to the teams success. Tebow isn't leading the teams best unit from this winning streak.
He did today. :shrug:

He has done it with a ton of help. Help that wasn't there earlier in the season.
Right. Because the defense hadn't taken their magic pill yet, right?

You're just being silly. No one is saying he IS the MVP, but to say he doesn't deserve consideration shows your lack of objectivity.

My statement was
It doesn't matter what your statement was, what MY statement was is proof I've been kicking your ass the last couple weeks, to the point where even you are starting to agree with the argument Tebow has been valuable to the team.

But whatever. My schooling you comment was more about me mocking you and your "Welcome to NFL football" comment than trying to claim victory. Let's get back to the important issue which is you disagreeing with the premise that being the most valuable player on a team that has gone from worst to first shouldn't be considered as a league Most Valuable Player.

Again, understand that's not saying Tebow deserves it more than Rodgers or Brees or Brady, but for you to dismiss him as a potential MVP is just silly and shows your complete lack of objectivity regarding Tebow.

The season of one of my fantasy teams rests on Maurice Morris' back. He needs 12.5 points this game to bring my team in to the playoffs, if he doesn't unless if I get very lucky, than I'll be out. Football is just not being nice to me today.

I wouldn't like your chances unless Smith gets hurt or he steals a receiving td. He's not the one to break off a long run.

Yeah, Smith getting activated really hurt me. It's either Morris or Titus Young though, and I really do think that Morris can run for 50 plus yards with a TD and have 50 plus receiving yards for a TD, which would hopefully get me the points that I need.

I'm assuming you wouldn't include today's game, or the game against the Raiders in that, would you?

No. However, against the Raiders Denver was down going into the 4th and they won without Tebow completing a single pass in the quarter and not being responsible for any of the tds.

Right. Because the defense hadn't taken their magic pill yet, right?

Stop with the magic pill bull shit. The defense as a unit finally adjusted to a complete change in philosophy, system, and personnel. Tebow starting didn't magically make the defense good just like the Giants just don't magically go from good to shit from the first half of the season to the second half.

But whatever. My schooling you comment was more about me mocking you and your "Welcome to NFL football" comment than trying to claim victory. Let's get back to the important issue which is you disagreeing with the premise that being the most valuable player on a team that has gone from worst to first shouldn't be considered as a league Most Valuable Player.

Sometimes it does, in this situation it doesn't. Especially after just 7 starts where the numbers of the defense and the numbers of a guy like Willis McGahee are more impressive a lot of the time. Two of Denver's worst offensive performances numbers wise with Tebow came in the games where McGahee had a limited role due to injury. In fact with the exception of week one Denver has only gotten over 20 points in games that McGahee has run for over 100 yards.
Again, understand that's not saying Tebow deserves it more than Rodgers or Brees or Brady, but for you to dismiss him as a potential MVP is just silly and shows your complete lack of objectivity regarding Tebow.

It has nothing to do with Tebow and my opinion of him. Back in 2009 when VY led the Titans to an 8-2 record and the playoffs after a bad start I wasn't saying that he should be an MVP candidate. If Tebow was 6-1 as a starer while putting up impressive numbers every week and if he continued to do it over the last few weeks, then he'd be a candidate.

This was their problem last week they didn't go down field enough. 2 tosses to the RB? Better not be a trend Linehan.

Exactly.

Stop with the magic pill bull shit.
Uhh, that's your argument, not my argument. You're the one saying the defense suddenly turned it on at the same time Tebow got named the starter. Except for the game against the Lions. And the Raiders. And the Vikings.

Come to think about it, your argument doesn't really hold up at all, does it?

The defense as a unit finally adjusted to a complete change in philosophy, system, and personnel.
Except against the Lions. And the Raiders. And the Vikings.

Tebow starting didn't magically make the defense good.
No, but it did make the Broncos start winning.

Sometimes it does, in this situation it doesn't.
Sure it does.

It has nothing to do with Tebow and my opinion of him.
:lmao:

Yeah, okay.

If Tebow was 6-1 as a starer while putting up impressive numbers every week and if he continued to do it over the last few weeks, then he'd be a candidate.
So taking a losing team and making them a winner only matters if he has some arbitrarily determined quality stats?

Perhaps you're not familiar with the term "valuable"...

So I posed the question a week ago, and now I'll pose an updated version of the same question. Last week, I wondered, at 11-0 and 0-11 respectively with the Packers and the Colts, could we see an undefeated and a winless team in the same season? Both are rare accomplishments, with the former requiring a team of the Patriot's stature to pull off ;) The consensus was that both feats would not happen, and some suggested that neither one would.

Now they are 12-0 and 0-12. Anyone want to change their opinion? Especially considering that today's game was the one that if any, the Pack was most likely to lose.

Now they are 12-0 and 0-12. Anyone want to change their opinion? Especially considering that today's game was the one that if any, the Pack was most likely to lose.

I think it would depend on whether the Packers sit their players in the last couple of weeks or play them.

Holding them to FGs is what we need right now.

And Fairley's filling in quite well. Hopefully he has the stamina to last the whole game.

I think it would depend on whether the Packers sit their players in the last couple of weeks or play them.

Good point, except at 10-2, the 49'ers are, somehow, lurking and could sneak in there to steal the number one seed. Plus, I've always been a believer in the importance of momentum. Teams that historically rest late in the season to gear up for the playoffs, suffer the consequences.

If I was the Packers, with a chance to do something historic, I'd be going for it, especially considering they already have a Superbowl from last season.

Uhh, that's your argument, not my argument. You're the one saying the defense suddenly turned it on at the same time Tebow got named the starter. Except for the game against the Lions. And the Raiders. And the Vikings.

Come to think about it, your argument doesn't really hold up at all, does it?

Except against the Lions. And the Raiders. And the Vikings.

I didn't know I was saying the Broncos D were the 85' Bears. They have been greatly improved from the start of the season and have contributed a lot to the improved record. Just as much as Tebow and more so in some of the games. Today is the first game I'd say the play of Tebow was most important to the team winning.

So taking a losing team and making them a winner only matters if he has some arbitrarily determined quality stats?

No but the fact that his stats are solid at best shows that he obviously isn't out there single handedly leading this improvement. He may be the catalyst for some of the improvement but it has been the combined factors of every facet of the team improving and not all is related to Tebow.

Perhaps you're not familiar with the term "valuable"...

You are forgetting the word "Most." He certainly isn't the most valuable or in contention right now.

I didn't know I was saying the Broncos D were the 85' Bears.
No, you said they were the big reason the Broncos are 6-1 since Tebow took over as a starter. And yet, in three of those games, they've been anything but good.

Today is the first game I'd say the play of Tebow was most important to the team winning.
There are far more ways a quarterback influences a game than his passing numbers.

No but the fact that his stats are solid at best shows that he obviously isn't out there single handedly leading this improvement. He may be the catalyst for some of the improvement but it has been the combined factors of every facet of the team improving and not all is related to Tebow.
You keep talking about stats, and are forgetting the quarterback is more important to the team than simply stats.

You are forgetting the word "Most." He certainly isn't the most valuable or in contention right now.
No, I'm very aware of the entire phrase. How can taking a team from last place to first not making him one of the most valuable players? What can be more valuable than taking a losing team and making them winners?

Again, no one is saying he should win, but for you to say he doesn't deserve consideration shows either a lack of objectivity or stupidity. I'll let you choose which you are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back