NFL Week 11 LD

Pumped for the eagles-giants game. The giants need to get a win or they're suddenly out of the playoff picture when they were just the top seed two weeks ago

The Colts have NO adjustments

Indy needs to play more man and play closer to the receivers so they can break up those short throws

TD Atlanta! Ryan throws it to a TE not named Gonzalez. A nice drive right there and I could steal a line from my favorite announcer, Michael Cole, a "Vintage" Falcons drive. Long, takes up time and ends with scoring.

I agree with the commentators, against most elite receivers the jets are always playing cover 2 even though revis gets all the credit. even moss called them out on it last year
Yeah, that's not necessarily the case, but go ahead and believe it. Kinda hard to play cover 2 when you rush 5 and have 1 deep safety. They will occasionally play Cover 2, but not often. Oh, and Revis shut down Andre Johnson AGAIN. 4 for 32.
And hopefully NO ONE started Reggie Bust. He was just listed as IA for today.
I didn't find out til the 2nd quarter. Fucking pissed, they talked like he was playing all week, and he sits. At least Marky Mark Sanchez went off big-time for me (and Santonio Holmes).
Jets are having an epic collapse!
Not really.
The Jets aren't collapsing, this is all apart of Ryan's new method of training for the Playoffs when (or if) they fall into a losing/tight situation. :lmao: They've won the past couple of games via comebacks, why shouldn't they continue to prove they can again today
lulz, I love this. They had a bad first 14 minutes of the 4th quarter, that's all.
Sanchez pass to Edwards that is just mouth dropping.

Awesome throw by Sanchez.

Sanchez TD.. thats the game, shy of a KR.
Yeah, he sucks all right.
How do they do it? I want to know how do the Jets keep doing this.
They're a great team, and great teams step it up in the clutch. And this is a team of destiny. the past 4 wins are all games the Jets used to lose. They aren't losing those anymore.
Man. The Jets, extremely fortunate to win. That would've been one hell of a collapse by then.
How are they fortunate? They made plays to win the game. They went down the field in 50 seconds without timeouts, and not a single play that could even be looked at as a bad call by the refs, or a lucky play. That's not fortunate, that's skill.
How can you horse collar someone that has long dreadlocks? That's right, it's impossible. I'm glad refs have no common sense.
You can get under the dreads and grab the collar? I didn't see the play but that is possible.

It's pretty obvious what the pats want to do. keep the colts off the field. If only it were obvious to the colts and they'd press the receivers

You can get under the dreads and grab the collar? I didn't see the play but that is possible.

I'm not talking little dreads, this was Marion Barber. With the length and thickness of his dreads it is virtually impossible to get under them and pull him down for a horse collar unless he's standing on the sidelines. On the field going full speed, it isn't happening.

@stormtrooper:

Yeah, I have to give credit to jets. It was one hell of an impressive drive and they showed a lot of resilience. But lets not kid ourselves here, when you blow a 20-point lead and you turn it over with 2 minutes left in the game, it's hard not to say they were a BIT fortunate to avoid an epic collapse. Then again, it turned out to be houston doing the collapsing

Hey, I know about clutch/luck this season. Saints, 49ers, Bucs, Ravens; all games the Falcons were supposed to lose but some way they found a way to win.

I'm not talking little dreads, this was Marion Barber. With the length and thickness of his dreads it is virtually impossible to get under them and pull him down for a horse collar unless he's standing on the sidelines. On the field going full speed, it isn't happening.
I didn't see it, but when you watch a play happen in real-time, and a player grabs a guy down by what looks like the collar area, it's gonna happen. Remember we at home get the benefit of HD slo-mo replays at whatever angle we want. The refs don't get that. And the refs aren't even full-time employees, they have a regular job and this is a 2nd job for them.
@stormtrooper:

Yeah, I have to give credit to jets. It was one hell of an impressive drive and they showed a lot of resilience. But lets not kid ourselves here, when you blow a 20-point lead and you turn it over with 2 minutes left in the game, it's hard not to say they were a BIT fortunate to avoid an epic collapse. Then again, it turned out to be houston doing the collapsing
1. It was never 20 points. At it's highest it was 16.
2. I still don't see fortunate. The D played like shit for about 8 minutes. The O-line (with a backup RT) couldn't protect Sanchez, which caused the pick and 1st and Goal Houston. Then the Jets D makes a stand and the Jets O does what it does best right now, and that's make plays when it absolutely has to. Houston's D is shit, so the fact that they didn't play good D isn't fortunate, it's realistic.

I didn't see it, but when you watch a play happen in real-time, and a player grabs a guy down by what looks like the collar area, it's gonna happen. Remember we at home get the benefit of HD slo-mo replays at whatever angle we want. The refs don't get that. And the refs aren't even full-time employees, they have a regular job and this is a 2nd job for them.

Which is why I pointed to the common sense aspect of the official. Looking at Marion Barber's dreads it is easy to see that there is no way a horse collar could have occurred.

Falcons are doing what they do best now, holding the ball while driving and running down the clock. One of the main reasons this team is hard to beat, the opposing team offense hardly ever sees the ball.

Which is why I pointed to the common sense aspect of the official. Looking at Marion Barber's dreads it is easy to see that there is no way a horse collar could have occurred.
But even though it's thick, that doesn't mean he can't get his hand through it. it's thick, it's not one solid hair all the way across his back. It was a bad call, and yes, maybe should have known better, but it's not like it's virtually impossible to do it.

This is very true. If Favre was having even a .500 season I wouldn't be having many issues at all with this. I'm not sure about the offensive issues as the Colts' offense is decimated by injuries and Manning has them going strong, but that's a different story.

The issue I have is this: yes, Favre is probably better than Jackson. However, Favre at QB this season is not working and according to him it's his last season. With that and his record to go on, why should you waste the rest of the season when you're out of contention when you could get a head start on next season?
But that makes the assumptions that A) Favre won't be back, and B) Jackson will be starting.

1. It was never 20 points. At it's highest it was 16.
2. I still don't see fortunate. The D played like shit for about 8 minutes. The O-line (with a backup RT) couldn't protect Sanchez, which caused the pick and 1st and Goal Houston. Then the Jets D makes a stand and the Jets O does what it does best right now, and that's make plays when it absolutely has to. Houston's D is shit, so the fact that they didn't play good D isn't fortunate, it's realistic.

It's not the fact they were fortunate to win because they drove in the last minute. It's the fact that they let a team, down 23-7, come back to basically take the game barring a collapse. You can blame it on injuries, but when you have multiple breakdowns in coverage out of nowhere and start turning the ball over multiple times in the 4th quarter, and still be in a position to win the game in the end -- that's fortune. Give them credit for pulling a TD drive in under a minute with no timeouts, but it was a pretty fortunate win overall.

The team nearly literally took a nap in the 4th quarter. These kind of lapses and mistakes will cost the Jets in the playoffs. You can pull wins late out of your asses for only so long

The 49ers are in danger of being shutout at home for the first time since Atlanta did it in 1977. 21-0 Bucs, they are good no doubt about that.

FINALLY the colts are jumping the short throws and pressing the pats receivers. It took them fucking long enough

INT for Atlanta to put the game away and Bradford's first INT thrown in over 140 passes. All the Falcons need to do now is run the clock down and it's hello 8-2! With the Packers coming to town next week *gulp*:icon_sad:

But even though it's thick, that doesn't mean he can't get his hand through it. it's thick, it's not one solid hair all the way across his back. It was a bad call, and yes, maybe should have known better, but it's not like it's virtually impossible to do it.

Going at full speed it really is with Barber's dreads. Plus players aren't stupid. They aren't going to reach inside the hair for an illegal tackle when they can make a legal one and an easier one by using the hair.

Peyton Manning is the best at what he does. No defense, no running game, and he still has the team in position to possibly win against a great team on the road.

The 'best at what he does' just threw his 3rd INT of the day to the best team in the league.

25 straight at home for Brady. I wouldn't wanna fuck with this team.

Brown had 68 yards on 17 carries. They just didn't run it enough.

Still, you have a FG. Don't know what he was thinking with that throw.

EDIT: Oh yeah, to answer my own question - the Colts D is worse. Both the run game + pass game of the Pats did pretty much whatever they wanted at different times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back