NFL Week 13 LD

Nah, the Bengals got a pick and the ball back. Owens deserves another TD to make up for that shit fuck against the Jets last week. (Unfortunately, it looks like Chad cried hard and long and it'll be his turn to try. :rolleyes:)

Because he got the TD?

I don't disagree. Infact, thats the right thing to do. Jackson (I believe) is a free agent at the end of the year. So basically what needs to happen is either play him and possibly re-sign him, only to trade him if he plays well. Or keep him and start him next year.

The only reason I can think Favre is continuing to start is simply because it's (more or less, for now) his "last year" and his body has shown that it won't be any easier for him to keep returning. So since the season is over and they can't make the playoffs without a ton of help - not to mention winning out.. why not let Favre continue to hold his starting record; especially if you have no interest or desire to keep Jackson beyond this season.

Starting him to the point of him winning meaningless games only HURTS your team come the Draft.

But, I agree they should figure out what they have with him; unless they believe over the course of those seasons he did play a lot, that that's how good he'll ever be.

If Favre does leave and they manage to get a QB, as it's not like they're going to be late in the first round anyway, it would help to have a guy with experience like Jackson around. He won't be lighting the league on fire but he'll be better than a total rookie.

Fucking Steve Johnson. Maybe he needs to quit tweeting and start figuring out how to play the way he does when I bench him. Fucker has only helped me 1 week, out of 3 (4 counting this week) when I actually start him.

Minnesota's passing defense can not be that good. They haven't been all year, I can't imagine so much changed over the course of a couple weeks.

If Favre does leave and they manage to get a QB, as it's not like they're going to be late in the first round anyway, it would help to have a guy with experience like Jackson around. He won't be lighting the league on fire but he'll be better than a total rookie.

I just simply don't see Jackson in Minnesota next season. Too many other QBs are potential free agents at seasons' end.

Vick or Kolb, Palmer (possibly), Matt Moore, Alex Smith, Kyle Orton, David Garrard, Henne, Vince Young, and (possibly, depending on his recovery and Coach) Tony Romo.

Dear AP,

Okay, I'm fucking sorry.. okay.. I'm sorry. The 1 week I bench you, because you were fucking injured.. and you get 3 TDs and 100 yds. I'm fucking sorry. I'll start you next week, and allow you to continue to fuck me when you do start over Hillis.. are you happy now.

Fuck you,
Me.

Still doesn't hurt to have a solid backup. Look at Dallas if you want proof of that.

Agreed. Minnesota's problem is that they have 3 QBs who've all started multiple games and lead their respective teams to multiple victories. They're going with the sole individual who'll be a Hall of Fame QB, over the career back-ups. When what they should do, is figure out what they're doing next year.

If Rosenfels or Jackson are either going to stay, they need to be playing at least half the games, if not all of them from here on out, to see if they deserve the spot.

Agreed. Minnesota's problem is that they have 3 QBs who've all started multiple games and lead their respective teams to multiple victories. They're going with the sole individual who'll be a Hall of Fame QB, over the career back-ups. When what they should do, is figure out what they're doing next year.

If Rosenfels or Jackson are either going to stay, they need to be playing at least half the games, if not all of them from here on out, to see if they deserve the spot.

Yep, but Favre will start them all, the team might get lucky and go 5-11 and then they'll go into next year clueless as to who the QB is until Favre changes his mind just at the end of camp and comes back again to make the team waste more time on him.

Yep, but Favre will start them all, the team might get lucky and go 5-11 and then they'll go into next year clueless as to who the QB is until Favre changes his mind just at the end of camp and comes back again to make the team waste more time on him.

Almost positive MN will go QB in the draft. Especially, (again) if they can get Luck(y).

And then they'll go with Favre because he allegedly gives them the best chance of winning even though he's been spotty at his very best this year.

And then they'll go with Favre because he allegedly gives them the best chance of winning even though he's been spotty at his very best this year.

You'd be insane NOT to give Favre the shot at the beginning of this season, after last year.

Fact is, Minnesota's problems aren't all Favre. Rice & Harvin have been hurting all year. Rice only just returned. The Coach hasn't been able to control what he got for lunch, let alone his team. That lead to a switch at the position. Finally, MN's Defense isn't nearly the same as they were a year ago.

All those factors come into play, including Favre being more injured this year than last - and another year older. And thus, you get a bad year.

But I can see why it's so easy to jump on the old QB who won't just die/retire. It's always the QB's fault whenever a team sucks. :suspic:

Honestly though, are you telling me you wouldn't have started Favre at the beginning of the year if he told you he wanted to return; after the year he gave you last year?

You'd be insane NOT to give Favre the shot at the beginning of this season, after last year.

Fact is, Minnesota's problems aren't all Favre. Rice & Harvin have been hurting all year. Rice only just returned. The Coach hasn't been able to control what he got for lunch, let alone his team. That lead to a switch at the position. Finally, MN's Defense isn't nearly the same as they were a year ago.

All those factors come into play, including Favre being more injured this year than last - and another year older. And thus, you get a bad year.

But I can see why it's so easy to jump on the old QB who won't just die/retire. It's always the QB's fault whenever a team sucks. :suspic:

Honestly though, are you telling me you wouldn't have started Favre at the beginning of the year if he told you he wanted to return; after the year he gave you last year?

At the beginning of the year, yes. Once the team was what, 0-4 and then 1-5 or 1-6? No.

Dear AP,

Okay, I'm fucking sorry.. okay.. I'm sorry. The 1 week I bench you, because you were fucking injured.. and you get 3 TDs and 100 yds. I'm fucking sorry. I'll start you next week, and allow you to continue to fuck me when you do start over Hillis.. are you happy now.

Fuck you,
Me.

:suspic:

True. But, at that time even at 1-6 you can't rest ALL the blame on Favre. And turnovers happen each game. Shit, Jackson's first major play in todays game was a pick-6.

True, but at the end of the day the QB is going to get far more of both the blame as well as the credit. The team isn't succeeding with Favre at QB, the more important position on the field. It's the one place where a change can make the biggest impact.

I don't have any players in the late games so the only game I'm going to watch is Pittsburgh/Baltimore because I have Flacco, Mendenhall, and Miller.

Oakland is looking shaky so I feel good starting San Diego.

And fuck me for not staring Vernon Davis and not keeping Driver.

True, but at the end of the day the QB is going to get far more of both the blame as well as the credit. The team isn't succeeding with Favre at QB, the more important position on the field. It's the one place where a change can make the biggest impact.

I'll be perfectly honest in my thoughts on this. If Jackson does NOT start next week; after the combo of Favre's injury and Jackson's performance today.. he simply won't play for them beyond being put in after another injury the rest of the year, nor will he return.

If they don't start him next week after today's game, then it will prove to the world that they simply do not like him as a crutch.

No way he will. Favre is untouchable for whatever reason, no matter how many games they lose with him under center. It's the waste of a season.

I don't have any players in the late games so the only game I'm going to watch is Pittsburgh/Baltimore because I have Flacco, Mendenhall, and Miller.

Oakland is looking shaky so I feel good starting San Diego.

And fuck me for not staring Vernon Davis and not keeping Driver.

I benched Vernon Davis for Greg Olsen in a FB league. :lmao: No clue why.

Also, I benched the Giants Defense in two different leagues, for Carolina in the same 2. I have to hope Carolina does something.

And fuck you, Buffalo. Steve Johnson NEEDS a TD.. seriously. Who knows what he'll do if he doesn't for a 2nd straight week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back