NFL Week 13 LD

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

It's the Bills though. Lets see him start next week against the Giants. Or in two weeks, against Chicago.

That's my issue with the Vikings: this season is over for them and according to Favre it's his last season (which I don't buy but it's what he says). They have Jackson there who at least has some experience and is ok at QB. They need to put him in there for some significant time and see if he's a guy they can use or if they need to go shopping. By keeping Favre in there for whatever reason, they're wasting time. I don't get the idea at all.

It's amazing what a difference a few years make. The Lions actually look decent. Their record doesn't show it at all but they're getting better slowly but surely.

That's my issue with the Vikings: this season is over for them and according to Favre it's his last season (which I don't buy but it's what he says). They have Jackson there who at least has some experience and is ok at QB. They need to put him in there for some significant time and see if he's a guy they can use or if they need to go shopping. By keeping Favre in there for whatever reason, they're wasting time. I don't get the idea at all.

Minnesota needs to go ahead and trade Jared Allen & one half of the Williams Wall, for their (CAR) 1st round pick.. and use it to get Andrew Luck.

Seriously though.. MN needs to try and get involved in winning that lottery. Carolina won't take him as the first overall pick, but the Bills sitting directly behind us may. And if they don't, I am 100% sure he won't get beyond Arizona at the 3 spot. (assuming Arizona gets that spot)

The Titans need to figure something out. They went from having roughly no good QB, yet finding ways to get Johnson the ball.. .. to having a slightly worse situation at QB - and somehow managing to fuck up getting Johnson the ball, at all.

EDIT: Not that I'm complaining. I'm facing Johnson in 2 of my 3 top leagues. I don't mind him getting 9 yds and no big catches.

Oh my God! Scaife just dropped an easy TD. That announcer said it perfectly "When you're on a losing streak, stuff like that happens"

Minnesota needs to go ahead and trade Jared Allen & one half of the Williams Wall, for their (CAR) 1st round pick.. and use it to get Andrew Luck.

Seriously though.. MN needs to try and get involved in winning that lottery. Carolina won't take him as the first overall pick, but the Bills sitting directly behind us may. And if they don't, I am 100% sure he won't get beyond Arizona at the 3 spot. (assuming Arizona gets that spot)

I cannot get this hatred and disdain for Jackson. he's not the second coming of Elway but he got them a wild card spot once and a division title another year. His stats may not be the best but as a started he's been successful. With the accomplishments he has so far doesn't he at least deserve a try?

I cannot get this hatred and disdain for Jackson. he's not the second coming of Elway but he got them a wild card spot once and a division title another year. His stats may not be the best but as a started he's been successful. With the accomplishments he has so far doesn't he at least deserve a try?

It's not that I "hate" or "dislike" Jackson. It's simply the fact that he isn't AS young as he once was, and on top of that the team has redirected themselves away from Jackson on not one, but two different times.

He (Jackson) did not lead them to a Wild Card spot. Gus came in throughout most of the season and won them games. Jackson finished the season off with a few wins to help get them there, but certainly wasn't the savior that came in to "save" the season.

And let us not forget; they actually went TO Gus at the beginning of the season, over Jackson. Then again, traded for LAWLZenfels, only to pick-up Favre.

I'm not saying cut the guy, but if you can pick up a future star QB (Luck) then why not do it? Why waste even more time and possible season(s) on an unknown aging career back-up.

Finally, their season is basically over. You (like Carolina last year) won't discover a savior in a QB who's playing with nothing to lose. You'll find a false hope, come to rely on it a year later - and end up possibly 1-15. (ala Matt Moore/Carolina)

It's not that I "hate" or "dislike" Jackson. It's simply the fact that he isn't AS young as he once was, and on top of that the team has redirected themselves away from Jackson on not one, but two different times.

He (Jackson) did not lead them to a Wild Card spot. Gus came in throughout most of the season and won them games. Jackson finished the season off with a few wins to help get them there, but certainly wasn't the savior that came in to "save" the season.

And let us not forget; they actually went TO Gus at the beginning of the season, over Jackson. Then again, traded for LAWLZenfels, only to pick-up Favre.

I'm not saying cut the guy, but if you can pick up a future star QB (Luck) then why not do it? Why waste even more time and possible season(s) on an unknown aging career back-up.

Finally, their season is basically over. You (like Carolina last year) won't discover a savior in a QB who's playing with nothing to lose. You'll find a false hope, come to rely on it a year later - and end up possibly 1-15. (ala Matt Moore/Carolina)

What about the division title year? Didn't Jackson start the majority of it? If nothing else, throw him out there the last 4-5 games of the year and see if he can do something. Maybe you'll find a team that needs a backup and you can get a trade out of him and put together a package to get a big name rookie. My point is, you never know until you give him some significant (which even 2-3 starts would be classified as significant to me) time to see what he can do. Putting Favre out there isn't exactly getting them into the playoffs this season. What do they have to lose?

The only negative part to having a 3pm game is waiting through the Noon games. :disappointed: It's like a 2nd bye week. I flip through every game, and just can't find anything worth watching.

I've kept it on the Saints game mainly, just because thats my Manager & Fathers' team.

T.O. the score is 20-12 so why run your mouth?

Because he got the TD?

What about the division title year? Didn't Jackson start the majority of it? If nothing else, throw him out there the last 4-5 games of the year and see if he can do something. Maybe you'll find a team that needs a backup and you can get a trade out of him and put together a package to get a big name rookie. My point is, you never know until you give him some significant (which even 2-3 starts would be classified as significant to me) time to see what he can do. Putting Favre out there isn't exactly getting them into the playoffs this season. What do they have to lose?

I don't disagree. Infact, thats the right thing to do. Jackson (I believe) is a free agent at the end of the year. So basically what needs to happen is either play him and possibly re-sign him, only to trade him if he plays well. Or keep him and start him next year.

The only reason I can think Favre is continuing to start is simply because it's (more or less, for now) his "last year" and his body has shown that it won't be any easier for him to keep returning. So since the season is over and they can't make the playoffs without a ton of help - not to mention winning out.. why not let Favre continue to hold his starting record; especially if you have no interest or desire to keep Jackson beyond this season.

Starting him to the point of him winning meaningless games only HURTS your team come the Draft.

But, I agree they should figure out what they have with him; unless they believe over the course of those seasons he did play a lot, that that's how good he'll ever be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back