MMA May - The Flying Dutchman

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
Welcome to the MMA GSD Thread For May. It's an important month for Heavyweights!

If you're into doing predictions, click here.
http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=214282

Calendar

Literally Something UFC Related Everyday on FuelTV if you have it.
Every Friday Night - The Ultimate Fighter LIVE on FX!

5/4 - Bellator 67 - Chandler vs. Gono
5/5 - UFC on Fox 3 - Diaz vs. Miller
5/11 - Bellator 68 - Featherweight/Bantamweight Tourney Finals
5/15 - UFC on Fuel 3 - The Korean Zombie vs. Poirier
5/18 - Bellator 69
5/19 - Strikeforce: Barnett vs. Cormier
5/25 - Bellator 70 - Konrad vs. Prindle
5/26 - UFC 146 - Dos Santos vs. Mir

Essential Websites:
http://www.mma.ly
http://www.ufc.com

Visit At Your Own Peril:
http://www.sherdog.com
http://www.sherdog.net

Noteworthy/Discussion Topics:
  • Alistair Overeem tested positive for elevated testosterone levels, had a flimsy defense, and is suspended for nine months.
  • Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen is taking place in Vegas now.
  • Nick Diaz is going through a lot of trouble to get re-licensed if he's retired!
  • Hector Lombard signed with the UFC and his first fight is against Brian Stann.
  • Jake Shields' move to Middleweight is official and he'll get the surging Ed Herman.
  • Erik Koch leapfrogged everyone and is next in line to get murdered by Aldo, primarily because Hioki is scared of Aldo (YES I SAID IT JMT)
  • Michael McDonald is the truth and will be Bantamweight Champion by this time next year.
  • Rory MacDonald is the truth and will be contending for the Welterweight Title by this time next year.
  • Those two need to develop personalities.
  • This season of TUF is still boring.
  • The main card of UFC 146 is still awesome.
  • Shogun vs. Thiago Silva and Machida vs. Bader are on tap. Not sure where that leaves Gustafson.
  • UFC 146 and 148 are going to own hard. 147 is going to suck donkey balls.

34g7rqr_jpg.gif

brendan-schaub-vs-ben-rothwell-captures-soul.gif

brendan-schaub-teleports.gif

UGH

1.) I was psyched for Dunham/Barboza. That could have been a potential FOTN candidate for UFC 146.
2.) Even worse is that Dana decided to employ noted terrible fighter and cheater Jamie Varner to replace Dunham.

The bright side of this, of course, is that Barboza will kick Varner's head off.

Dammit, just read that Gonzaga is out of 146 and is going to be replaced by Dave Herman, who will probably lose to Big Country.

Seeing Fizzy's sig makes you realize just how big Jon Jones is. Jesus...

Man, I would love to see that fight between he and Anderson, though. If/when Anderson beats Chael, fighting Jones after that would be his ultimate retirement bout. No better way to go out, win or lose, then against the guy who's about to dominate this decade.

If Anderson retired after KOing Jon Jones in Brazil, it would be the greatest moment in sports history. For my health's sake, I hope that bout will never happen because I would likely suffer a heart attack during the entrances.

[YOUTUBE]hM3IJLrVyws[/YOUTUBE]

Uh... when the FUCK did Koscheck get all this money?

This just has to be the UFC manipulating their audience into thinking all their fighters live this kind of lifestyle. They had to rent a lot of this shit out and just film it with Kos being there acting like it's all his. Fucking had to.

Kos is a smart guy, I have no doubts the guy has invested wisely. He's been fighting forever and has taken many fights on short notice. Say what you want about him as a person, but I truly believe Kos deserves this.

Plus I hear he owns part of Dethrone and gets revenue from two gyms he's opened.

Hmmm... maybe you're right. Still hard to believe though, lol. That house is ridiculously nice.

Oh, hell yea it's hard to believe. Before watching, I figured Kos had some serious cash, but my jaw dropped after seeing the video. I started thinking objectively and realized it isn't that hard to believe. Dana is known for buying loyal fighters nice cars and like I said, Kos is getting a bunch of money from sources outside the UFC. If Dominick Cruz is already driving a GTR, anything is possible.

The inaugural World Jiu-Jitsu Expo, staged on Saturday, May 12, 2012 at the Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, Calif., will feature a live pay-per-view webcast of the entire slate of jiu-jitsu superfights.

The HD stream, produced by Mobile Black Belt and available for purchase on mobileblackbelt.tv for $9.95, will begin with a pre-show at 6:30 pm/9:30 pm PT/ET and the first fight will take place at 7:00 pm/10:00 pm PT/ET.

The full slate of fights includes:

NICK DIAZ vs. BRAULIO ESTIMA (NO-GI)
KAYRON GRACIE vs. RAFAEL LOVATO (GI)
VICTOR ESTIMA vs. KRON GRACIE (GI)
NINO SCHEMBRI vs. BILL COOPER (GI)
KYRA GRACIE vs. ALEXIS DAVIS (NO-GI)
CAIO TERRA vs. JEFF GLOVER (NO-GI)

Jiu-jitsu fans unable to watch the live stream will be able to purchase the full production On Demand for 30 days following the event on mobileblackbelt.tv.

“I am honored to be a part of this inaugural World Jiu-Jitsu Expo,” says Renzo Gracie, “We have some of the best jiu-jitsu players on earth competing at the show. Now everyone will have a chance to watch the best of the best compete even if they can’t make it to Long Beach to attend the Expo.”

In the spirit of “the gentle art,” the World Jiu Jitsu Expo and Mobile Black Belt will donate 10 percent of the proceeds from each pay-per-view purchase to charity. In addition, Nick Diaz will donate his entire purse to charity.

See, Nick isn't such a bad guy after all, is he?

Stann vs Lombard is your UFC on Fox 4 main event. About time the UFC markets Stann and pushes him to the forefront.

At the same time, good lord, they better hope that doesn't go 5 rounds. That could get ugly.

Perfect fight for Fox. Good lord, that's going to be a war. Also, Diaz is going to get smoked by Estima.

[YOUTUBE]hM3IJLrVyws[/YOUTUBE]

Uh... when the FUCK did Koscheck get all this money?

This just has to be the UFC manipulating their audience into thinking all their fighters live this kind of lifestyle. They had to rent a lot of this shit out and just film it with Kos being there acting like it's all his. Fucking had to.

Koschek the public persona and Koscheck the man are two entirely different entities. It's pretty carefully cultivated. He's highly intelligent. He's done very well for himself.

Just watched last week's Bellator finally with the Shinya Aoki/Eddie Alvarez fight...man, what the FUCK happened to Shinya Aoki? He looked absolutely pathetic and got destroyed in like 20 seconds. His corner threw that towel in for him the second he hit the mat and he was nowhere NEAR out of it. The ref gave him probably another 20 seconds to do anything but he just sat there and ate shots like it was his job until it was over. Maybe my dude JMT can help me out here, 'cause I was really excited for that fight and it was just sad to watch, Aoki didn't look like he was even in Eddie's league.

The Brian Rogers/Andreas Spang fight before that was fucking sick though, Rogers was wild and reckless and throwing flying knees and kicks everywhere and was just dominating Spang when he got one lucky shot in on his chin and Rogers just collapsed like a stiff plank. Sick fight.

Probably around 11 Eastern time (most likely 15 or 30 minutes past that). Definitely after the UFC show is over. I just hope I don't miss a minute of seeing Canelo beat Mosley's ass.

So, James Thompson just beat Bobby Lashley and I had no idea that fight was even going on today, which makes me very depressed.

Might be time to head back to wrestling, Lashley, you stupid Bathturd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back