• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA January - Johny Hendricks Beard Appreciation Society

For sure, I'm pumped for all these awesome cards in between but that one as a whole feels special. I'm betting it's an early favorite for card of the year 2012.

The only thing that would make it better is if it was conducted under Pride rules. Oh the humanity if that were to happen. I might just explode.

Am I the only one who feels that Palharris is incredibly overrated at this point in his career?

The only thing that would make it better is if it was conducted under Pride rules. Oh the humanity if that were to happen. I might just explode.
Oh baby, I can just picture Bendo stomping the shit out of Edgar.....

Am I the only one who feels that Palharris is incredibly overrated at this point in his career?
No I definitely feel ya there, he looks awesome against mediocre fighters and good fighters past their prime(Horn and Salaverry). His biggest win was arguably Dan Miller and his stupid ass almost lost that one because he backed off and celebrated his early victory.

Ehh, he's only lost to Dan Henderson and Nate Marquardt in the UFC, who are guys he should have lost to. By the way, that Marquardt loss still may or may not have been under dubious circumstances.

Still, he's at the very least, an above-average fighter, very entertaining. And there's a lot that's funny about him.

Ehh, he's only lost to Dan Henderson and Nate Marquardt in the UFC, who are guys he should have lost to. By the way, that Marquardt loss still may or may not have been under dubious circumstances.

Still, he's at the very least, an above-average fighter, very entertaining. And there's a lot that's funny about him.

The shit people say about him would make you think he's the PFP #2 fighter in the world. They talk about how he'd rip apart the top 10 besides Anderson and tear off Jon Jones's leg. It's insane.

I will say that he's had some incredible training from a great line of BJJ instructors, the lineage goes like so
Mitsuyo Maeda → Carlos Gracie, Sr. → Carlson Gracie → Murilo Bustamante → Rousimar Palhares.
But ultimatly he's not nearly as good as he gets credit for, a more talented fighter would have taken that teaching and used it to become a real contender.

Also, Brian Stann is set to face Alessio Sakara at UFC on Fuel 2. Is it just me being a loyal fan of Brian's or does this seem like a major step down? I like Sakara but Brian was one or two wins away from a title shot, while Alessio had some good wins but is not on the same level.

The only problem with Paul Harris is his chin, which is surprising considering how you'd think dumb people would have strong chins, but Palhares has one of the weakest chins at Middleweight.

Besides that though, he's a very skilled fighter. And like Guy said, he's highly humorous and entertaining, too. I dig him.

Palhares would get schooled by a decent number of middleweights, hut he's insanely entartaining.

And unless Cormier has some impregnable Diaz like chin, Cain is a better fighter. I wouldn't mind Mir fighting Cormier once he beats Barnett though, he'd beat Mir too but Mir deserves it after the immense douche chills I sensed when he broke Nog's arm. Mir's a douche.

I was wondering which veteran (either Bonnar or Lil Nog) they were going to feed to Gustafsson for the Sweden card.

Looks like it's Lil Nog. Gustafsson has it in the bag.

I think he's got it handled too, should be an exciting fight. I've really become a fan of Gustaffson and it looks like they're trying to push him up the ranks, can't imagine the pop that boy is gonna get fighting at home.

Don't know how old this is, but Tito Ortiz will have one more fight, and he wants it to be on the July 4th weekend this year.

Heard he was getting that one last fight but I expected it to take place some time around 145, glad it's still happening though. I know the odds are probably against it but I hope he goes out on one last win.

Tito Ortiz vs. Brandon Vera - It's a promotable fight, both guys will be talking back and forth, both have pretty douchey personalities.

Plus, you get Tito his last win and get Vera cut from the UFC once and for all.

That's kindof a lame last fight for Tito......If it wasn't his last fight id say hell yeah but I think he'd be better off taking a loss to a talented fighter.

Goddamn the NFL by the way for scheduling Pats/Broncos on Saturday night. Going to be the first UFC I don't watch live in about 3 years.

145 now has Anthony Njkouani vs John Makdessi, can you say war?

And Guy, you already know the Pats are gonna take it, no need to watch. :p

The shit about fighters being so underpayed is blown way out of proportion. Why doesn't ESPN investigating boxing where Mayweather can make 30+ million to fight and muliple guys on the undercard make 5k? We'll never see that because ESPN is biased and rnjoys covering Boxing. Totally un-reliable source on EVERYTHING MMA.

I'd go into my thoughts about fighter pay, which is quite extensive and curse word filled, but i'm on my phone and it's late. Also the reason I couldn't edit. I'll try and write a post up describing my feelings and thoughts on fighter salary and the UFC "monopoly" tomorrow if I have time.

If you don't, I'll see if I can throw up a post tomorrow night at some point. I think it's definitely a topic that would get some people talking.

Gross' report has unreliable sources across the board.

Got about a quarter of my post done, will be posted by tomorrow evening. I'm onto my favorite part, my thoughts on ESPN ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back