• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA February Doesn't Need This Shit

More fights announced for UFC 146!

Here's the card:

Junior Dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem
Edson Barboza vs. Evan Dunham
Dan Hardy vs. Duane Ludwig
Mayhem Miller vs. CB Dollaway
Shane Del Rosario vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
Diego Brandao vs. Darren Elkins
Jacob Volkmann vs. Paul Sass
Kyle Kingsbury vs. Glover Teixiera

This week there's only one thing I care about in the MMA scene, and that's of course you know who picking up a win Saturday.

[YOUTUBE]kJzKhhT8ww0[/YOUTUBE]

Rampage weighed-in 6 pounds overweight. How do you beg for a fight and then show up like that? And what was funny was that during the staredown Ryan Bader fucking TRUMPED Rampage in size, both in height and muscle, yet he still made the weight just fine. I don't get that, lol.

And Gomi looked skinnier than usual. I think that's a good sign. :)

Rampage just doesn't take this shit seriously anymore and to think he had me believing in him again with all his talk about his aspirations for the rest of his career. He has said he plans on retiring soon, but I thought that would be more of a reason for him to go out strong, not come in six fucking pounds overweight. That shit is a black fucking eye on the sport and it's completely unprofessional.

He's blaming an injury for why he missed it and that there was nothing that was going to stop him from fighting on this show. If he's telling the truth, then of course all would be forgiven, but with him you could never know if he's genuine or just bullshitting everyone, so it's whatever.

Anyways, here's a pic of the special Ring Card Girl for this show, Azusa Nishigaki.

AmeGoveCIAAQBts.jpg:large

She gets kinda outshone by Arianny in my opinion, but don't take my opinion seriously, I think Arianny is near perfect.

From the documentary Like Water... this is basically proof that Anderson wasn't lying when he said that A) His plan the whole time was to tap Sonnen out and B) his ribs were badly hurt going into the fight.

559391791.jpg

829501412.jpg

781495563.jpg

732895124.jpg

482114155.jpg

517156486.jpg

393354917.jpg

581816998.jpg

7545001810.jpg

9238804811.jpg

And when you consider he fought fucking nearly 25 minutes with those ribs, getting his ass handed to him and still came out in the 5th Round as fucking PUMPED and confident as can be, and still managed to get the win.... I mean, holy shit, how could anyone not respect this man to the fullest degree?

Speaking of Anderson vs. Sonnen, here's an INCREDIBLE fan made trailer for their 2nd bout coming up. There is absolutely no way the UFC production team could ever possibly top this.

[youtube]SZG0sNDa2JQ[/youtube]

From the documentary Like Water... this is basically proof that Anderson wasn't lying when he said that A) His plan the whole time was to tap Sonnen out and B) his ribs were badly hurt going into the fight.

It probably was his plan to tap him out. What I don't accept is this notion people seem to have that Anderson purposefully got the shit kicked out of him for four and a half rounds, and while Silva locked in a bunch of submissions in that fight, Chael fended them off. People always seem to want to discredit Chael's performance in that fight, which is not fair.

how could anyone not respect this man to the fullest degree?

Easily.

It probably was his plan to tap him out. What I don't accept is this notion people seem to have that Anderson purposefully got the shit kicked out of him for four and a half rounds, and while Silva locked in a bunch of submissions in that fight, Chael fended them off. People always seem to want to discredit Chael's performance in that fight, which is not fair.

I think fanboys of both fighters go to the extreme when talking about that fight. The fact is, Chael deserves a LOT of credit for his performance, while Anderson deserves a tad bit more for winning it under the circumstances.

But, Anderson was most definitely injured pretty badly. It's a legitimate excuse as to why he had as little head movement and mobility he had in that fight. Anyone watching could see he wasn't himself.

Regardless though, I don't think anyone else in the division could have done so well against Anderson, even with his injured ribs, so like I said.... Chael still deserves a ton of credit.

What is it about him you don't respect, exactly?

I'm going to look on Amazon first, and maybe a few other websites. I really would like to have a hard copy of the DVD, it is my favorite fighter. Hopefully i can find one.

Also, King Mo is in terrible shape after suffering staph during a knee surgery. He's had 6 knee surgery's this month and is on very serious medication.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back