MMA December - All We Want For Christmas is Bisping's Two Front Teeth

Been a really slow news week, huh guys?

I do have some good news though: Overeem passed all his test and will be fighting as scheduled.

Week is just dragging on lol. Nothing significant has happened at all.

Anybody hear about the Junie Browning situation? Shit's crazy

There is much more to the story. An entire mafia doesn't come after you for leaving a fucking party early. Something else is going on that Junie isn't telling us. I'm very interested in how this story plays out.

LAS VEGAS (AP)—Boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. was sentenced Wednesday to 90 days in a Las Vegas jail after pleading guilty to a reduced battery domestic violence charge and no contest to two harassment charges.

The 34-year-old Mayweather also was ordered to complete 100 hours of community service and pay a $2,500 fine.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. was sentenced to 90 days in jail.
(Getty Images)
The plea deal avoids trial on felony allegations that the undefeated prizefighter hit his ex-girlfriend and threatened two of their children during an argument at her home in September 2010.

Prosecutor Lisa Luzaich told Justice of the Peace Melissa Saragosa that Mayweather has been in trouble before and hasn’t been punished.

“He just continually gets himself into trouble and he is able to get himself out of it as well,” she said. “Essentially it is because he is who he is and is able to get away with everything.”

“The only thing that’s going to get this man’s attention is incarceration,” the prosecutor said.

Mayweather stood still in a striped olive vest and showed no reaction when the judge imposed the sentence and told him he must report to the Clark County jail on Jan. 6.

Mayweather’s lawyer, Karen Winckler, said she may appeal what she called an unusual sentence.

Mayweather would likely serve most of the 90-day sentence, but could serve several weeks less if he gets credit for good behavior, said Officer Bill Cassell, a Las Vegas police spokesman.

Mayweather and his manager, Leonard Ellerbe, declined comment outside the courtroom.

Winckler had argued that the public would benefit more if Mayweather performs 100 hours of community service with children.

The judge said she was swayed by Mayweather’s admission that he hit Josie Harris and twisted her arm, and that two of their children, ages 9 and 10 witnessed the attack.

Saragosa noted that police reported Mayweather threatened to kill or make Harris “disappear,” and that their 10-year-old son ran from the house and jumped a back gate to fetch security. Mayweather had taken cellphones belonging to Harris and the two boys, she said.

“Punishment is appropriate,” Saragosa said. “No matter who you are, you have consequences to your actions when they escalate to this level of violence.”

Once again, due to his own stupidity, Mayweather has robbed us fans of witnessing a once in a lifetime talent. Seriously, I want to like Mayweather. I think he's the most talented boxer of all time, but he keeps denying himself, and his fans the opportunity to see if it's true. This will likely end his career and rob Boxing of one of the biggest fights of all time in Mayweather/Pac. Fucking ridiculous. I don't care how talented he is or how great he is, he's a piece of shit and his career which could have been the greatest career in Boxing history will never be what it could have. Fuck Floyd Mayweather.

So Chad Griggs has signed with the UFC.

Skill wise the guy isn't anywhere near the elite, but his heart and toughness alone gives him an edge in every fight he'll ever be in. I expect him to surprise a lot of people.

I see him being a good gatekeeper, he can weed out those ho don't belong but he'll never be one of the elite. Definitey a fun guy to watch, but nobody to expect a title run from, ever.

I got Overeem by guillotine, but I'm nowhere near as confident with the pick as I was when this fight was first announced.

I know I'm a big Nick Diaz fanboy, but everyone should seriously check this out. It's incredible.

[YOUTUBE]lWbSBXiVWqU[/YOUTUBE]

I got Overeem by guillotine, but I'm nowhere near as confident with the pick as I was when this fight was first announced.

Frank Mir gave a pretty good breakdown as to why that is very unlikely to happen. Pretty good read. Not saying it will not happen, it's possible, just think it's unlikely.

"I'm done with the guy. He and I have no business. This guy is cold product, man, he's like jerry curls and Pepsi clear. He's yesterday's news. I destroyed this guy back when he was tough. That was years ago. He's so far over the hill and past his prime, it's not worth talking about. I'm going to become the number one contender on Jan. 28. But despite what you may think, I'm not going to use that voucher to fight Anderson Silva. I'll be looking at (Junior) dos Santos, (Jon) Jones, and possibly (Georges) St. Pierre. But that, I will take that voucher to Dana White and I will pick one of those three guys. My time with Anderson is done."

I'm just going to leave this here and go giggle to myself while reflecting on how ironic this situation turned out. Seriously, just lol at the joke of a person that is Chael Sonnen, even if he is joking about this.

Jon Jones was getting at Chael on twitter yesterday. Funny as hell, but JJ needs to take some classes on talking trash. He isn't very good at it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back