MMA December - All We Want For Christmas is Bisping's Two Front Teeth

Dana and Lorenze each made huge donations to Dan Miller's son's charity and he will now get the surgery he needs. Sadly, this will be overlooked with all the people whining about how Dana is the devil for cutting Torres.

I really think the firing of Torres had something to do with how he Miguel handled it and not so much what was said. Griffin made up for it, Rashad was very apologetic and I would be surprised if he made some kind of public apology about it. Torres I guess didn't really apologize for it until he was fired.

Also...people do realize that The Fertittas have final say over hires and firings right? If people are going to condemn Dana they need to save some of that hate for The Fertittas as well.

People don't think like that, Armbar. Since Dana is the face of the UFC, everything is his fault. There have been people saying that Dana is out of control and the Fertittas should fire him because of this.

White denies Overeem is off the Lesnar card. But Alistair is on Mon.'s NSAC agenda. I've heard possibly in connection w/ prefight drug test.

From Josh Gross' twitter. Begin speculation...... NOW!

Man, that'd suck if Reem got caught with something.

And even if the fight still goes down, I've lost a ton of confidence in Overeem the last week or so. I've always hated him going to Xtreme Couture, and now that he's quit and gone back to Holland after having a "miserable" training camp and because his mom has cancer... I mean, things aren't looking good for the guy. You need to be 100% both physically and mentally when you go up against a monster like Brock Lesnar.

It'll be pretty damn funny if Overeem gets caught with weed. Out of all the substances we've speculated could be the reason for him doubling his shap he get's caught for marijuana. I'll slap a kitten if that happens.

Few things coming out of last night besides the terrible news about Overeem (and Mir is already campaigning to step in for him)

1.) Dana announced that there will be a tournament for the Flyweight Title that will kick off at the UFC on FX II card. The fights are Demetrious Johnson vs. Ian McCall (pretty much the #1 Flyweight in America) and Joseph Benevidez vs. Yasuhiro Urushitani (Shooto Champion). That should be a hell of a tournament.

2.) Brittney Palmer is going to be in Playboy.

And also, Jon Jones has literally had the best year in MMA. Defeating Bader, Shogun, Rampage, and Machida? The latter three were in the Top Four of the LHW rankings a year ago.

nor-arm-big.jpg

Minotauro's arm. Mir really messed it up.

Well, that's upsetting. It really looked more like a dislocation to me, but that is a pretty nasty break. Hopefully it heals quickly and correctly.

Ouch! Dana said that this may be the end for Nog, but that big dude is stubborn as hell and Dana has said that before, then he knocked out Schaub. Hoping that he has a good recovery.

Ouch! Dana said that this may be the end for Nog, but that big dude is stubborn as hell and Dana has said that before, then he knocked out Schaub. Hoping that he has a good recovery.

If Nog rehabs it right, his arm will be stronger than ever by the time he comes back. There's no reason for him to be thinking retirement right now. He needs to be focused on getting healthy.

Honestly though, this isn't a bad time for Nogueira to bow out. There's really nobody left for him to fight. I'd be terrified for him if they stuck him in there with Carwin. He's not going to be contending as long as JDS is champion either.

It's too bad Cro Cop retired, because Nogueira vs. Cro Cop would have been the perfect capper for both guys.

What is up to all the old mma posters

Looks like Overeem will get to fight Brock if he submits a tests within 72 hours, one once he is back in the States, and 2 randoms throughout the next 6 months.

Yea, all the commotion isn't just over his license. There is more to it than that.

Wanderlei Silva and Vitor Belfort will serve as coaches on the inaugural season of “The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil,” UFC President Dana White announced Tuesday at a press conference in Rio de Janeiro.

The first international iteration of the promotion’s reality show, “TUF: Brazil” will air on Brazilian network Globo. The show premieres on March 25 and will conclude in June with a live finale. Though the season has been rumored to be broadcast on Fuel TV in the United States, no domestic broadcast plans have been officially announced.

Also expected to debut in March is the show’s 15th American season, which will feature bantamweight rivals Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber as coaches. The season will mark the show’s first away from Spike TV, as the program moves to Fox-owned cable channel FX with a new live format.

The UFC will hold an open tryout Wednesday in Sao Paulo for featherweight and middleweight fighters, though it is currently unknown if those weight classes are set in stone for the season.

Silva and Belfort originally squared off at UFC 17.5 in 1998. “The Phenom” made short work of Silva that night, blitzing his countryman with a barrage of punches in just 44 seconds.

After that ill-fated meeting, Silva went on to hold the Pride Fighting Championships 205-pound title for over five years before making his way back to the UFC. “The Axe Murderer” has since dropped to 185 pounds and has won two of his last three, most recently knocking out Cung Le on Nov. 19.

“I’ve been waiting for this for a long time,” Silva said at Tuesday’s press conference. “I knew one day we would face each other again, and the time is here. This is one of the biggest rematches of all MMA and I’m very happy to give this to all of my fans.”

Following his knockout of Silva, Belfort won the UFC light heavyweight title after a stint in Pride, cutting Randy Couture in just 49 seconds to capture the belt. More recently, Belfort has won six of his last seven, his lone loss in that span coming to UFC middleweight king Anderson Silva. Before taking his place as coach on “TUF: Brazil,” Belfort will first lock horns with Anthony Johnson at UFC 142 on Jan. 14.

“I’m just focusing on this fight [with Johnson],” said Belfort, “but it’s a great honor to fight Wanderlei again. I see it as a new fight and not as a rematch.

Poor Wandy...

I like them as coaches, but I don't like that they are supposedly fighting at the end of the season. I guess regardless of if Vitor beats Rumble or not he will be fighting Wandy next, and this is a horrible match up for Wandy.

Yeah, definitely a great idea for coaches, as for the fight between them, noway. Hoping Belfort has a non-serious injury leading up to the fight, preventing the fight from happening. If it does go down, this will be the last time we see Wand in the UFC, I don't see him retiring though, probably go to Japan for a few more fights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back