MMA June - 50 Shades of Gray

Chael is in Anderson's head. He's pulled it off. Dominating victory by Chael is coming our way.

And there is no way Chael would ever let Silva pull off the Maia strategy. He pushes the pace.

Should easily be a million. Not only do you get Andy/Chael 2 but you get Forrest/Tito 3, Tito's retirement fight and possible induction into the UFC HOF, you get Cung Le in possibly his final fight, Maia and DHK should be a good grapple fest, Chad Mendes may get a McKenzietine(total mismatch here btw, plus on the under card you have names like Tibau, Guillard, and Easton.

If Brazil was forced to buy pay per views, this would easily smash UFC 100's record. I'm predicting 1.1 million buys with around 75,000,000 tuning in from Brazil.

It'll definitely hit that million 5 mark, this really is one of the biggest fights ever and along with Tito's last fight and the rest of the fights being awesome its gonna sell like crazy.

Ehh...

UFC 100:
Lesnar vs. Mir II
GSP vs. Alves
Hendo vs. Bisping (coming off TUF)

Is still much bigger than:

UFC 148:
Silva/Sonnen
Ortiz/Griffin
Le/Cote

Brock and GSP are the two biggest draws in history. Unless they really amp up the advertising, I think 1 million is likely, which is still nothing to sneeze at.

Yeah and normally I wouldn't put Tito anywhere(and I mean anywhere) near GSP these days but it's his last fight after 15 years of MMA and all those fans who watched his career over the years will want to tune in for his last outing, if Cruz-Faber 3 were still on the card that would make it awesome but anyone who knows Cote and Le knows its gonna be a brawl. Also let's not forget the new fans since then, been a longer time since that event than it feels like.

Obviously though Anderson vs Chael is what really matters in the end and while Brock vs Frank 2 was highly anticipated and Brock is still the ultimate PPV magnet I don't think a single fight's ever been this anticipated. I mean this is Chael beating the most dominant champion in UFC history. :D

"Silva pledges to break Sonnen's legs, teeth" is currently on the front page of ESPN.com.

That's violent as hell, but still very good press if you ask me. People will want to watch this if they feel the hate is legitimate.

1700 comments as well. I loathe ESPN for their shunning of MMA, but this is excellent press. Commercials are even being shown on ESPN 2.

The story is also on MSN's homepage under the sports section and has over 300 comments on Reddit.

If that's true, and that's one really huge fucking IF we're talking about here, then Anderson's beatdown on Chael will only be more embarrassing for Chael. ;)

But, I highly doubt it's true. Here's what Erik Silva had to say about Anderson in an interview released today:

“Anderson wants this win more than ever.”

Silva says he is training with Anderson on a daily basis and that recently Anderson has been the first in the gym and last to leave.

“I’m training with Anderson everyday and I can say he’s really focused and motivated for this fight. He is the first to get in the gym and the last one to leave it. The training is over and he keeps training with the coach.”

When making his fight prediction Erick Silva was very confident in saying Anderson will get the knockout and he does not expect the bout to last very long.

“I bet it won’t go any longer than round one. Anderson Silva will knockout and show why he is the true champion.”

Terry Etim is out of the Lauzon fight at Fox 4, hopefully being replaced by Cerrone. Oh please lord let that happen.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back