MMA GSD For February - Where Vitor Laments His Foot Fetish

That was really cool of Overeem. I become a bigger and bigger fan of his each day. And Jim Rome can suck a fucking dick. He is almost as useless as Mauro Ranallo.....almost.

As long as Barnett doesn't win I won't be mad.

Le's just hope the motherfucker gets brutally ko'd.

On a sidenote, anyone else HOPING Silva tests positive for steroids? I don't want to be a dick but a huge part of me is desperate for Bigfoot to get caught using roids. This Fedor loss is out of my comfort zone.

Who the fuck is Jim Rome fucking kidding here?

That's what makes what he said so bad, man, is that he IS kidding a lot of people; people who don't follow MMA regularly are hearing this shit, and once they convert into a full time fan, all Fedor is going to be to them is someone who was afraid to go to the UFC. It's a fucking joke, man. Fuck Jim Rome, and fuck everyone on UFC Live too (I refuse to call that piece of shit show MMA Live, since it's nothing but UFC bias).

On a sidenote, anyone else HOPING Silva tests positive for steroids? I don't want to be a dick but a huge part of me is desperate for Bigfoot to get caught using roids. This Fedor loss is out of my comfort zone.

Then don't say dickish things. So you rather have Fedor get a win due to Silva cheating? That's being a sore loser man. People lose bro, it happens. Well to help you with your little comfort zone, you should know that Fedor is likely the first alternate to replace someone if they have to back out of the Grand Prix for any reason.

Then don't say dickish things. So you rather have Fedor get a win due to Silva cheating? That's being a sore loser man. People lose bro, it happens. Well to help you with your little comfort zone, you should know that Fedor is likely the first alternate to replace someone if they have to back out of the Grand Prix for any reason.

I feel bad about it but I can't help it.:blush: Bigfoot seems like a genuine guy but just on your 'losing' point. I understand that but it was just such domination by Silva. Del Rosario won the right to be the alternate, if Bigfoot lost he surea s fuck wouldn't have been alternate. Fedor shouldn't alternate and I'll admit that.

Fedor has officially announced that he's NOT retiring!

Fedor - "I rushed to declare my retirement. I will fight more. Possibly, I will return to the Heavyweight Grand-Prix. I am capable of having a few more fights. I didn't make any analysis yet on why I lost. I need to recover, I can't see very well yet."

Vladimir Voronov, SAMBO coach - "It's very nice that Fedor still has his fighting spirit, he is ready to rip everyone apart right now. Yes, his eye is swollen, but it will heal. Most importantly for him is not to have any psychological pressure. After this, he will train with a triple effort."

Alexander Michkov, striking coach - "Fedor is capable to return to the tournament. Everybody stumbles; this is not the end of the world."

Rumor is Fedor will fight the loser of Overeem/Werdum next, if a spot doesn't open for the GP, that is.

Also, Strikeforce for the first time pulled in over a million viewers for their card Saturday night.

Overall, the Feb. 12 event averaged 741,000 viewers and peaked with 1.1 million for the Antonio Silva vs. Fedor Emelianenko headliner. Both broke Strikeforce's previous bests on Showtime.
The new ratings records break those previously held by "Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg," an August 2009 event headlined by female fighters Gina Carano and Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos that averaged 576,000 viewers and peaked with 856,000.

Here are the numbers for Strikeforce's most recent shows:

• 741,000 viewers, Strikeforce: Fedor vs Silva (Feb 2011)
  • 561,000 viewers, Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Cyborg (Jan 2011)
  • 517,000 viewers, Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Zaromskis (Jan 2010)
  • 412,000 viewers, Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Werdum (Jun 2010)
  • 367,000 viewers, Strikeforce: Lawal vs. Cavalcante (Aug 2010)
  • 350,000 viewers, Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Noons 2 (Oct 2010)

I haven't really talked much about Fedor on here, and I have shown my disdain for Strikeforce on multiple occasions, but I just want to say Fedor is everything that every fighter should aspire to be. Never has a bad word to say about anybody, doesn't let anything bother him, and has the perfect attitude. He could care less what ANYBODY says about him including that twat Jim Rome. Fedors fans are more hurt by comments made about him than the man himself. We all know Fedor is the greatest of all time. Fuck anybody else who disagrees. Fedor is MMA whether Dana and Jim Rome like it or not.

Showtime is currently replaying Strikeforce: Heavy Artillery right now. That was the night Overeem beat the shit out of Brett Rogers, and Big Foot Silva/Arlovski had their meeting.

Definitely want to watch Big Foot vs. Arlovski again. Haven't seen it since the night it aired. I remember being shocked at Silva winning the battle on the feet, but I remember nothing about what happened on the ground. I want to see if he was able to control, pass guard, and mount Arlovski like he did Fedor the other night.

Showtime is currently replaying Strikeforce: Heavy Artillery right now. That was the night Overeem beat the shit out of Brett Rogers, and Big Foot Silva/Arlovski had their meeting.

Definitely want to watch Big Foot vs. Arlovski again. Haven't seen it since the night it aired. I remember being shocked at Silva winning the battle on the feet, but I remember nothing about what happened on the ground. I want to see if he was able to control, pass guard, and mount Arlovski like he did Fedor the other night.

I actually just watched that show the other day as well. Apparently the Strikeforce DVD that came out wasn't a compilation of greatest fights but individual shows. Disc one happens to be Heavy Artillery.

I actually just watched that show the other day as well. Apparently the Strikeforce DVD that came out wasn't a compilation of greatest fights but individual shows. Disc one happens to be Heavy Artillery.

Yeah, I was about to buy that DVD myself, but I wanted a compilation of the greatest SF fights, not full shows. Plus, the shows they put on there aren't even close to being the best shows Strikeforce has had.

Yeah, I was about to buy that DVD myself, but I wanted a compilation of the greatest SF fights, not full shows. Plus, the shows they put on there aren't even close to being the best shows Strikeforce has had.

I was disappointed. Not that Heavy Artillery was a bad show but I was hoping to get to see some of the earlier fights like Melendez/Thompson 1 or 2 or even Buentello vs. Reem. They need to work on something like that if they plan on releasing another DVD.

They need to put the Fedor vs. Rogers and Carano vs. Cyborg shows on DVD. Both of those events were fantastic.

Speaking of MMA DVDs, the UFC needs to release more fighter DVDs. It's a pity Rampage and Liddell are the only two to have DVDs dedicated to them, and the Liddell DVD was HORRIBLE. It didn't even contain any full fights.

Also, Jon, two Pride shows you must pick up are PRIDE Critical Countdown 2005 and PRIDE Final Conflict 2005. I watched both again recently to get even more pumped for the Shogun/Jones fight, and man... you just have to check them out. Fucking GREAT shows.

They need to put the Fedor vs. Rogers and Carano vs. Cyborg shows on DVD. Both of those events were fantastic.

Speaking of MMA DVDs, the UFC needs to release more fighter DVDs. It's a pity Rampage and Liddell are the only two to have DVDs dedicated to them, and the Liddell DVD was HORRIBLE. It didn't even contain any full fights.

Also, Jon, two Pride shows you must pick up are PRIDE Critical Countdown 2005 and PRIDE Final Conflict 2005. I watched both again recently to get even more pumped for the Shogun/Jones fight, and man... you just have to check them out. Fucking GREAT shows.

I just ordered Bushido 9 from Amazon, but I will definitely check those out. My birthday is in a few weeks and I plan on picking up some more PRIDE's for it. Were those shows part of the 05 Grand Prix? If so I already have plans on buying that sucker.

@JGKY, I would recommend checking out UFC 43-51 all great shows, UFC 66, 86, 92, and 115-117. All awesome shows.

Man, watching Arlovski vs. Big Foot Silva... it's so easy to forget just how BIG that motherfucker Arlovski is. I just have no clue why he's so content on being a boxer. With his size and strength combined with the quickness and speed he processes, plus his very good Sambo game, this guy should be damn near unbeatable, weak chin or not. Arlovski needs to wake the fuck up.

Oh, and did you hear Jon that Arlovski's manager said that Arlovski wants to fight again as soon as possible? His career isn't over yet, man. He still has the passion for it.

JMT or INDY, I'm looking to get even more into MMA and I was just wondering if there are any Shows or Fights that you could recommend.

UFC's 100 Greatest Fights DVD is a great place to start. That's really all you need from the UFC.

My favorite Pride shows are:

Pride Critical Countdown 2004
Pride Critical Countdown 2005
Pride Final Conflict 2005
Pride Bushido 9
Pride Shockwave 2005
Pride Shockwave 2006
Pride 33: The Second Coming

And I actually have every EliteXC DVD ever released, lol. My favorites are EliteXC: Primetime and EliteXC: Unfinished Business. I'm still pissed they haven't released EliteXC: Heat on DVD, as that was a fantastic show as well.

Man, watching Arlovski vs. Big Foot Silva... it's so easy to forget just how BIG that motherfucker Arlovski is. I just have no clue why he's so content on being a boxer. With his size and strength combined with the quickness and speed he processes, plus his very good Sambo game, this guy should be damn near unbeatable, weak chin or not. Arlovski needs to wake the fuck up.

Oh, and did you hear Jon that Arlovski's manager said that Arlovski wants to fight again as soon as possible? His career isn't over yet, man. He still has the passion for it.

UFC's 100 Greatest Fights DVD is a great place to start. That's really all you need from the UFC.

My favorite Pride shows are:

Pride Critical Countdown 2004
Pride Critical Countdown 2005
Pride Final Conflict 2005
Pride Bushido 9
Pride Shockwave 2005
Pride Shockwave 2006
Pride 33: The Second Coming

And I actually have every EliteXC DVD ever released, lol. My favorites are EliteXC: Primetime and EliteXC: Unfinished Business. I'm still pissed they haven't released EliteXC: Heat on DVD, as that was a fantastic show as well.

See, I have mixed feelings about that. Everyone knows I am probably the most biased Arlovski lover there is and as much as I want to see him fight again I just worry that he is on the verge of ending up like Sylvia. I would hate to see him fighting on little shows getting knocked out by cans. I'll watch him fight but my lord does he and Greg Jackson need to figure out some new gameplan because his boxing one just isn't cutting it anymore.

I just ordered Bushido 9 from Amazon

Fucking sweet, man. You're about to realize why I love Takanori Gomi as much as I do. His fight with Kawajiri (still one of the best LWs in the World at this point, proven when he dominated Josh Thomson last December) on that show is IN-FUCKING-CREDIBLE.

I also see you becoming a Hayato Sakurai fan after watching this as well.

Fucking sweet, man. You're about to realize why I love Takanori Gomi as much as I do. His fight with Kawajiri (still one of the best LWs in the World at this point, proven when he dominated Josh Thomson last December) on that show is IN-FUCKING-CREDIBLE.

I also see you becoming a Hayato Sakurai fan after watching this as well.

Oh trust me man, I am already becoming a fan of Gomi. His fight with Diaz was absolutely sick. In fact, I am becoming a big supporter of several Japanese fighters now a days. Kid Yamamoto FTW!!! Sakurai's fight with Danzig was decent, though I definitely look forward to seeing him fight some other people who I will have no bad opinion of. I am no Danzig fan.

No problem JGKY, I love talking MMA.

Crazy that they only gave him 30 day suspension for being knocked out cold. And that it was 3 out 4 fights.

Crazy that they only gave him 30 day suspension for being knocked out cold.

People can talk about his weak chin all they want but there is no denying he is one tough bastard to continually come back from these rough KO's. He definitely has the warriors spirit, he just needs to really readjust his fighting style before he gets seriously hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back