MMA GSD For February - Where Vitor Laments His Foot Fetish

I still love Fedor but I would've been much happier if he avenged his los to Werdum THEN fought Overeem. The hype would incredible if things turned out that way and Fedor isn't ducking Overeem. They'll fight- guaranteeing it.

I'm on the train right now, and I really want to sit down and give the Fedor debate the appropriate amount of attentiveness I want to give it.

In the meantime...

Chael Sonnen said:
Here's a little something for you "pocket protector/number cruncher" types: I hit Anderson Silva with more unanswered, undefended strikes than any fighter has landed on an opponent in the history of combat sports.
Go count 'em up, Poindexters.

I struck him more times than Quasimodo struck the church bell at Notre Dame. I hit him so many times that I stopped fighting because my fists bouncing off his melon were ringing so loudly that it sounded like a bell, and I thought that the round, and the fight, were over. Actually, that's not true--I actually stopped out of mercy and boredom.

God knows, if he hit me with a TENTH of the undefended shots I hit him with, the ref would have pulled him off me faster than a meth-head pulls the foil off a dozen shoplifted Dristan tablets. I hit him enough to have the fight stopped FIVE TIMES, in FIVE separate rounds.

Therefore, I consider myself 5-1 against him, even allowing for his tainted triangle which only came after I thought the fight was over, and I had already turned the side of his head into a bowl of porridge with my fists.

What does it say about Anderson though that he could withstand that amount of shots and still be able to keep his barrings enough to pull off a submission with just 3 minutes left in the fight? Chael saying all that only makes Anderson look that much more impressive, if you ask me.

I give a lot of props to Chael though... he's the perfect model to what every wrestler should be in MMA. If you take a guy down, don't just hold him and lay there; beat his ass up with relentless punches and elbows.

Chael can throw as many unanswered/undefended punches he wants, but they got to hurt someone bad enough to have the fight called, which he had Silva stunned a few times but not near enough to call the fight. He can consider himself 5-1 against Silva all he wants, but that one loss is the most important, as that was the one that made him tap. He needs to quit living in the past about the fight, get his life in order, and get back to fight for the title again.

I wish it was Saturday already, can't wait for Strikeforce go down.

What's even more crazy for Strikeforce is that the seem to have the main cards set for the next 2-3 cards, baring injuries. Bout time they stepped their game up.

Looks like the UFC will shatter it's attendance record with UFC 129, so far just in pre-sale tickets they sold 42k, general public goes on sale tomorrow. That almost doubles the amount from UFC 124 which was 23k seats. Pockets are gonna be deep for the UFC after this event. I bet we'll see some record amount of bonuses given as well.

I wonder where they're gonna hold GSP/Silva if it gets set up. I think a neutral ground would be most fair so the Rio card or another Canada card would be out. The biggest fights are usually held in Vegas so I can see that. Ideally they would have MSG secured by the end of this year but that's not looking so hot.

I think we'll see Vitor vs. Wandy 2 headline the Rio card.

As far as GSP/Silva... it has to be Las Vegas. The biggest fight in UFC history, if it happens, has to take place in the city it's called home all these years. That is, unless, like you said... they somehow can get New York to legalize MMA by the time the fight rolls around, but I just don't see that happening.

In fact, if Fedor loses Saturday night, it will bring a whole new level to him ducking Overeem.

!

Also, Dana has to be the happiest man in the world right now. Didn't he offer Fedor $5 million a fight back when he was trying to get him to come to the UFC?

25g9umx.png

My favorites to win the whole thing and the two guys I picked as finalists remain Overeem and Barnett. God I hope Barnett doesn't lose to Rogers and his man titties.

Overeem vs. Rogers II would be the most Strikeforcey outcome, and after tonight, that has a high probability of taking place.

I do think that we'll wind up with Overeem vs. Kharitonov after Barnett is stupid enough to stand and bang with Sergei.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back