MMA GSD For February - Where Vitor Laments His Foot Fetish

So seriously, who is everyone picking to win the SF Grand Prix? I have Overeem winning it all and I know FrozenTrash went out on a limb and took Josh Barnett.

Fedor, no doubt. I would never, ever pick against him.

Speaking of Fedor, check out this SPECTACULAR new tribute to him.

[YOUTUBE]wiiLRTnPgKg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]WVUAp3vqppM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]1aXaUYD-E3s[/YOUTUBE]

Fedor will win. I don't get why people think he's ducking Overeem, just wait until they go toe to toe. Fedor will prove why he is a legend.

Fedor will win. I don't get why people think he's ducking Overeem, just wait until they go toe to toe. Fedor will prove why he is a legend.

I don't think Fedor is ducking anyone and he certainly is a legend. I just think Overeem will beat him. Nothing personal, I definitely like Fedor more as a fighter, as long as he isn't KOing Arlovski, and I think he will dominate Big Foot. If he wins it all I won't have any problem with that at all either.

Certainly not you, but I see it all the time "Fedor is a pussy, Overeem will kill him!" I think they're both good, but Fedor is the more well-rounded fighter.

Question, was anybody disappointed by Ryan Bader, or did you just expect him to get demolished?

I though he'd get TKOed, but certainly not made to look like that much of a fool. He was desperate, and unprepared I thought. Jones' athleticism overwhelmed him.

Certainly not you, but I see it all the time "Fedor is a pussy, Overeem will kill him!" I think they're both good, but Fedor is the more well-rounded fighter.

Question, was anybody disappointed by Ryan Bader, or did you just expect him to get demolished?

That's just the shertards for you. They tend to get very biased much like internet wrestling fans.

I thought Bader would put up a better fight and I certainly didn't expect him to get tapped out. I wasn't surprised in the least that Jones out wrestled him, I actually expect that to happen.

If Jones loses the Shogun fight, it won't be all that bad for him. He's young, he'll get back there, but it'll give him a lesson in humility, a chance to learn. Like jmt said, Shogun's been there, done that, Jones could learn a lot from this fight.

If Jones loses the Shogun fight, it won't be all that bad for him. He's young, he'll get back there, but it'll give him a lesson in humility, a chance to learn. Like jmt said, Shogun's been there, done that, Jones could learn a lot from this fight.

No doubt, not to mention it is only a 6 week turn around. That's a tough task for any fighter, I don't care who we are talking about, to get ready for a title fight against one of the best fighters in the world today. It is almost a win win for Jones in my eyes.

I had Jones winning, he is the better striker, better on the ground, and apparently the better wrestler now. He had no problem stuffing Bader's takedown attempts. I didn't think he would sub him, but would finish by TKO from the mount in the 2nd.

I really feel like Bader is a better Tito. He has good take downs and decent stand up. He needs to practice off his back and learn how to pick his power shots and he will do just fine in the division. I'd like to see him matched up against maybe Bonnar or Matyushenko.

As far as Fedor goes...I'm feeling about a 50/50 on him beating Overeem honestly. I think he could get past Silva and Werdum but Overeem is so damn big and much more refined on his feet then either of the other two. He would need to try and submit Overeem.

"Alistair Overeem is a great fighter," Emelianenko told MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani via a translator. "He is very strong and is a very serious fighter. Lately he has won a K-1 tournament, as well. The only question I have [is] how he managed to gain 20 kilos of weight in such a short period of time. But frankly speaking I don't care, if he passes [the] drug tests successfully."

Funny, I don't see him making the same comments about Antonio Silva, a man who has tested positive for steroids before, and the guy who he's fighting Saturday.

If Big Foot had the body Alistair had, I'm sure Fedor would be as adamant about the drug testing with him as he currently is with Overeem.

But what's most important in that statement... Fedor says if Overeem passes the required testing, then he's fine with fighting Overeem. He's definitely not pulling a Mayweather here. If Fedor and Overeem both advance, they will fight each other. If they don't, then it will be Overeem who's doing the ducking, not Fedor. If you remember, Fedor wanted to fight Overeem in his first fight back since the Werdum loss, but Overeem decided to do K-1 instead. Fedor NEVER ducked Overeem, and he definitely won't duck him if they have to fight in the Semi-Finals.

The Spike UFC 126 prelim show pulled it's highest rating yet, with 2 million views, beating out UFC 109 with 1.7 million views.

I am not convinced. Fedor ducked Bob Sapp back when Sapp was killing motherfuckers. Back when PRIDE Final Conflict 2004 happened, I'm sure it was just by happenstance that Fedor fought some scrub that he beat in under a minute while Nogueira got saddled against Kharitonov, who Fedor didn't want to fight back then, and won a very hard fought decision. Nogueira had to then fight Fedor that same night, which ended in a no contest due to Fedor headbutting Nogueira and getting cut.

Fedor has no problem fighting Josh Barnett or Antonio Silva, both of whom have a history with steroids, and yet he keeps calling Overeem out.

In fact, if Fedor loses Saturday night, it will bring a whole new level to him ducking Overeem.

I can't imagine Fedor ducking Bob Sapp. Fedor had no problem fighting Zuluzinho, who was even bigger than Sapp and he too was running through motherfuckers left and right at the time. If Fedor had fought Sapp, the outcome would have been the exact same as the Zulu fight.

As far as Pride Final Conflict 2004... Fedor would give Big Nog two more fights after that, and he dominated both, so I don't know why that's even being brought up. Besides, it's Pride who created the tournament line-up, not M-1 Global or Fedor. Shit, was M-1 even around back then? Pretty sure they weren't...

And Fedor wanted to fight Overeem just a couple of months ago. He said in countless interviews that he was rejecting a fight with Big Foot Silva because he wanted Overeem. It was Overeem who declined the fight to do K-1.

Guy, your bashing of Fedor here saddens me. :(

I am not convinced. Fedor ducked Bob Sapp back when Sapp was killing motherfuckers. Back when PRIDE Final Conflict 2004 happened, I'm sure it was just by happenstance that Fedor fought some scrub that he beat in under a minute while Nogueira got saddled against Kharitonov, who Fedor didn't want to fight back then, and won a very hard fought decision. Nogueira had to then fight Fedor that same night, which ended in a no contest due to Fedor headbutting Nogueira and getting cut.

Fedor has no problem fighting Josh Barnett or Antonio Silva, both of whom have a history with steroids, and yet he keeps calling Overeem out.

In fact, if Fedor loses Saturday night, it will bring a whole new level to him ducking Overeem.

.....SO much is wrong with this. Yes, the same Sapp that had lost to Fujita and Noguiera but had beaten nameless cans was being ducked by Fedor. You're so much better than that. And I will completely ignore the fact that you're implying Fedor would dive against Silva to avoid Overeem. Seriously, this is Shertard level shit being said.

Is the 2006 PRIDE Grand Prix worth buying? I talked to JMT a while back about PRIDE and he gave me a few ideas about some good shows to check out, but I've been wondering for awhile if the 2006 GP was anything to write home about.

Absolutely it is, especially if you're a fan of Cro Cop. That night he was at his absolute best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back