Live Discussion - TNA 1/4/2010

So was Hogan pissed that Foley was in the building? Pissed that the boys did the job before he got there? Or pissed that they were even still there?

After a match of the year candidate that put AJ Styles over huge though KB. Stop being so negative nancy!

Best three hours of wrestling I've seen in a long time right there.

Yes, but the last thing, meaning the thing the focus was on, was Hogan and company. That makes me nervious. It was very good though.

Fuck the other show. If I catch it on youtube tomorrow, cool, if not, I'll see the hours of recaps on the rest of their programming this week

Yes, but the last thing, meaning the thing the focus was on, was Hogan and company. That makes me nervious. It was very good though.

He is the new authority figure. I liked the ending, thought it was great, with Hogan standing there leaving you questioning who's side he's going to take. It gives you a reason to tune in next week, to see what happens.

He is the new authority figure. I liked the ending, thought it was great, with Hogan standing there leaving you questioning who's side he's going to take. It gives you a reason to tune in next week, to see what happens.

Exactly. And I cannot wait.

Which is what is key. You've got to keep the casual fan coming back for more. The IWC is most likely going to stick with TNA after tonight's show, but the 98% of the rest of the fans is what's important to restart the Monday Night Wars.

Reactions: X
WWE did absolutely nothing tonight other than what you expected going into tonight's show.

iMPACT owned Raw tonight .... BIG TIME.

Impact was better, but I wouldn't call it as great as people are saying it was.

There were some flaws tonight on Impact that I'll go into detail on later and likly fight with X over.

Impact was GREAT tonight. A little too much talking for my taste but great nonetheless. The one major thing that bothered me was that Ric Flair and Jeff Hardy appearing didn't seem as special as I thought it would be. Flair just walked out during the ME and that's it? Hopefully there will be some sort of explanation next week. There were a few other things but they weren't some of the major things.

I switched to Raw a few times and every time I turned over to USA I went straight back to Spike. Nothing really interested me except the Bret Hart and Michaels/Vince confrontations. The ending of Raw with Vince and Hart was really good though.

At the end of the day for me the issiue is simple: it's Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair. This is the same Flair that nearly two years ago people were BEGGING to retire. This is the same Flair that a year ago people were BEGGING to get off their TVs. This is the same Flair that is in his either late 50s or early 60s I believe. His value isn't going to last long.

So I just read the results, and it doesn't look like Angelina came back. Bummer.

Jeff Hardy is nice, but I really would've liked to have seen one more Jeff vs. Punk match at WrestleMania.

At the end of the day for me the issiue is simple: it's Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair. This is the same Flair that nearly two years ago people were BEGGING to retire. This is the same Flair that a year ago people were BEGGING to get off their TVs. This is the same Flair that is in his either late 50s or early 60s I believe. His value isn't going to last long.

They wanted him gone as a wrestler. Him and Hogan both can, should, and hopefully will make very good authority figures. They are very good on the mic, and can get over as faces or heels without ever lacing up the boots. That's where the value for both of them truly is.

I really don't mind Flair being in TNA as long as he's not wrestling. He looked really old in the match I saw with him against Hogan in Australia and he just isn't as good as he once was. But if he's a manager to AJ Styles then I think that's a great position for him to be in.

Wait, does anyone know if this was just a one night appearance for him or is he going to be working with TNA regularly.

As long as he's off the ring and on the manager role, he can last well over a year.

They wanted him gone as a wrestler. Him and Hogan both can, should, and hopefully will make very good authority figures. They are very good on the mic, and can get over as faces or heels without ever lacing up the boots. That's where the value for both of them truly is.

Last year he wasn't a wrestler and last year everybody hated him.

Incredible show, I could of done without the boring Nasty Boys skits and the endless commercials, but overall a really great show.

We'll have to see how the ratings do. I predicted a 1.7 overall rating for iMPACT, but after their effort tonight, it may be a little higher than that. but we'll have to wait and see. I think I am still going to hold for that prediction, although to be frank, it deserves a much MUCH higher rating than that, given the quality of show they put on.

Unfortunately, I doubt anything over a 2.0, but we'll see.

POST #1700 Yabba Dabba Dooo.

(That was very un-Sidious like)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back