Live Discussion: Raw 01/11/10 Featuring Guest Host: Mike Tyson

He has to start somewhere. He's the new guy in the company and needs to prove himself.

He's one of the biggest names in wrestling. What does he have to prove? When Kurt Angle debuted he got Samoa Joe. Desmond Wolfe debuted and got Angle. And Hardy get fucking Homicide? Horrible booking.

And it should be an interesting storyline. I can't wait to see how it plays out.

Maybe. Probably not.
AJ has a line of challengers right now, rather then them getting forgotten in a crowded main event picture they are being used. Nothing wrong with that.

There are much better ways to utilize them then having them feud with a second rate tag team.

It wasn't. There's the whole are they / aren't they storyline going on right now is much better then I thought it would be

Every wrestling fan on the planet new that Hall and Waltman were going to show up. It was more predictable then the outcome of a Detroit Lions game last year.

Much better than watching Hornswoggle interfere in the Raw main event every week

Hornswoggle makes the WWE more money then 90% of TNA's roster could.

Who said Hardy is going back to WWE? Seems stupid for TNA to even get him if he'll be going straight back to WWE...?

He's established enough to go against someone bigger than Homicide. I'm not saying they'll be bad match's but he could be doing better is all I think, it just seemed like lazy booking to me.

Who said Hardy is going back to WWE? Seems stupid for TNA to even get him if he'll be going straight back to WWE...?

He's established enough to go against someone bigger than Homicide. I'm not saying they'll be bad match's but he could be doing better is all I think, it just seemed like lazy booking to me.

Damn am I really the only person on here that reads the dirtsheets?

Meltzer reported awhile ago that Jeff's deal with TNA is short-term and that he has every intention of returning to the WWE as soon as that contract is over. He wants a break from wrestling, and TNA's light schedule will give him that until it's time for him to come back, which he will, and we'll be full circle.

Damn am I really the only person on here that reads the dirtsheets?

Meltzer reported awhile ago that Jeff's deal with TNA is short-term and that he has every intention of returning to the WWE as soon as that contract is over. He wants a break from wrestling, and TNA's light schedule will give him that until it's time for him to come back, which he will, and we'll be full circle.

I read the main page updates/news etc but didn't see that.

I though his GF tweeted that he never agreed to coming back to WWE?

Dunno, I'm not saying it's stupid him being there or anything. I'm actually glad I get to watch him perform still. I would just personally prefer a better opponent to feud with than Homicide.

It'll be ok, I'm sure, but he could be feuding with someone higher up the ladder.

WZ is not a "dirtsheet" guys. They only get the scraps of what guys like Meltzer reports on.

Seriously, WZ doesn't report on even half of the shit that Meltzer does.

WrestleView is a good site.

It's a newsletter you pay for a subscription to Thriller. Hence why he reports on so much more news and so much more in-depth.

This Raw was kinda weird.

Some stuff was good and actually funny ( Tyson threatening Hornswoggle, Miz/MVP segment ) but other stuff was lame and predictable ( Vince's segment about Bret, Jericho losing to DX AGAIN with Tyson's help ).

A few thoughts:

1.) Poor Evan Bourne. I know the guy is making his money--but still. He must win all his matches on Superstars or something.

2.) Is the strategy behind Orton/Sheamus to get Sheamus heat by putting him against Orton, who has been getting cheered lately?

3.) WTF are they doing to Jack Swagger since he's got to Raw? Do to NOT want him to succeed?

4.) TNA Knockouts>Divas on SD>.......Divas on Raw. That's all.

5.) If Jericho is going to just wait around to lose/be humiliated by some combination of DX/Hornswoggle/ {insert face guest host} then he needs to stay on SD where he doesn't always end the show getting pinned by (usually)
HHH or Shawn.
If Vince and Co. wanted Chris to stay on Raw so much that they'll constantly defy the Draft and other storyline implications just to keep him there, then why did Jeri-Show even lose the titles? At least they were booked to care about them while DX isn't.

You know what, even if you can't stand TNA, Impact moving to Monday's might deliver us from some of this crap.

Yeah, Impact could be a clusterfuck of plots twists, old-timers clogging up the screen and abrupt segment crunching.
But that show DOESN'T treat it's viewers like their children, DOESN'T push guest hosts down our throats, and usually DOESN'T end in a segment that you could predict would happen an hour before.

Both shows have their strengths and weaknesses, but at least having the option to watching another wrestling show when one is sucking would be very nice.

Why the fuck is a show that is on from 9-11PM on a Monday targeted towards children again?

I remember only being able to watch the first hour of Raw before I had to go to bed. I'd always have to wait until the next day to find out what happened.

But seriously though, what children are watching TV at 11PM?

That's a very good question. I have one for you. Why are you trying to make sense out of Vince McMahon's ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back