Live Discussion: Raw 01/11/10 Featuring Guest Host: Mike Tyson

True but he's going for family friendly stuff, and I can't imagine that the parents are going to keep watching after their kids go to bed.

Raw's viewers are children. That's the point.

It's targeted to children in the comedy aspects of the show and the face superstars that they push, but there's obviously more than just children in the crowd.

It's not just children watching at home either. And not every adult at the show is accompanying a child, just as not everyone at home is watching so their kids can see it.

There's plenty of teen or adult wrestling fans out there.
But that's not where the money is now to the WWE, of course.
I suppose that's the gap TNA has to fill. Hopefully they can.

Plain Raw, I was happy to see Santino go over, was fun. Tyson angle was pretty predictable, hard to hear what he said for most of the night. Disappointed we didn't get any Bret tonight.

These are WWE's viewer demos from their very own website:

* 61% are male
* 15% are ages 12-17
* 67% are ages 18-49
* 41% are males 18-34
* 33% are non-white
* 29% have a HHI of 75K or higher
* 15% have a HHI of 100K or higher

http://adsales.wwe.com/research/

The majority of the audience is adults, but Vince caters to the minority because he thinks they result in spending more money on his products.

I think they clearly bring in higher merchandise revenue, which is a very, VERY high margin and profitable item, but in exchange, the PPV's, attendance, and what not that the adults spend money on, actually decreases. And the only way Vince can make up for that lost revenue is to raise prices on everything else.

So the result of Vince catering to the kids so that he can sell merchandise to them is that everyone else must suffer and pay higher ticket prices and higher PPV prices so that he can profit off a high margin item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back