WWE RAW 8/15/2011 - ¡Viva Mucho Tiempo Del Rio!

Tonight's show was really good. I liked it a lot. A nice follow up to SummerSlam. We had some questions answered, but they left enough unanswered to keep us coming back for more.

Bet on Nash to have Waltman show up soon. Punk apparently got Colt in the door so look for a tag bout on the horizon.

This last 24 hours sounds like an abomination. Although I guess there might be some poetic justice in Nash killing the momentum of both Joe and Punk.

So with that, are they really ending Punk\Cena? Strange.
Not really...they're obviously building Punk as a face and Cena is the biggest drawing face in the company. You don't want extended feuds between your biggest face/drawing workers. You want both guys to seem equally capable of being a hero.

Good boking this week.

Strangely enough, I was thinking the exact opposite.

Guess your right Sly. It still leaves the door open for the 'unfinished business' angle down the line.

A great show tonight, X? I'll admit it was very good, but not great. The matches weren't that good, and apart from the building conspiracy involving Punk and Cena's closing promo, nothing else really built up feuds of any consequence.

And yeah JGlass, I thought tonight's show was great. I judge TV differently from PPV, and as a free television show this was a hell of a show.

Oh I understand that, but as I said, nothing really happened apart from Punk and the conspiracy and Cena calling out Del Rio. I suppose John Morrison and Truth might have wrapped up... but on the other hand it may not have. Miz is still without a feud. The spotlight was taken off Dolph Ziggler and Riley and put onto Vickie. Kofi and Bourne scored a nothing win over the nothing tag champs. I know they have time to build towards the next PPV, but it would have been nice to get the ball rolling tonight. Good show, yes, but not great in my book.

Any television show with two matches that hit the ***+ mark for me is a great show in my books. Shit, we're lucky to get one match in that territory per show.

Any television show with two matches that hit the ***+ mark for me is a great show in my books. Shit, we're lucky to get one match in that territory per show.

Fair enough. I wouldn't have given JoMo vs. Truth ***, but it was very enjoyable. I would have preferred a little more story building though.

Nash sounded like he was kind of baffled at some of the shit Punk said. As Punk said to Nash, "You need to watch the show."

I can't be the only one that is incredibly uncomfortable with an ego maniacal wrestling cancer like Nash standing in a WWE ring, right?

I hope that's all it is for him. I nearly laughed outloud when he talked how he and Scott Hall revolutionized the business by getting wrestler's guaranteed money... with contracts that would eventually bankrupt WCW.

If he insists on bringing in one of those bozos, I might go to Stamford Connecticut and take a dump in Vince McMahon's lunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back