• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE RAW 8/22/2011 -The Kliq, Conspiracys & More Twists Than Anywhere Else...Brother

I think he's already hit it, Sly. Edge, Orton, Miz, Punk, Ziggler, Wade Barrett, R-Truth, Sheamus, Umaga, and Del Rio. Did I miss anyone?

To be fair, I think Edge and Vickie had more to do with Ziggler than anyone else. They had several great matches at the start of the year

Oh come on David, did you honestly expect it to be nothing more than a distraction? Surely we're all losers in this situation. Though you were right, Cena is on the way to a title picture, and Punk is on his way toward the conspiracy feud.

yes funkay, it does seem as if someone is reading old notes.... next week they bring back katie vick. stay tuned.

Wow, I didn't think RAW would be THAT good. This show is on fire right now!

And for once, I was even intrigued by the US and tag team title situations.

To be fair, I think Edge and Vickie had more to do with Ziggler than anyone else. They had several great matches at the start of the year

Vickie had much less to do with Ziggler looking like a main eventer than Cena. Edge is a more valid argument, but I still say Cena made him look like he was able to wrestle Edge before he actually did... if I'm getting my timeline right.

Oh come on David, did you honestly expect it to be nothing more than a distraction? Surely we're all losers in this situation. Though you were right, Cena is on the way to a title picture, and Punk is on his way toward the conspiracy feud.

I expected interference to occur. But I was still right in the overall picture.

Vickie had much less to do with Ziggler looking like a main eventer than Cena. Edge is a more valid argument, but I still say Cena made him look like he was able to wrestle Edge before he actually did... if I'm getting my timeline right.

See I don't distinctly remember a Ziggler/Cena match. I clearly recall the brief storyline with Edge being the point when I said ok, Ziggler is pretty good

See I don't distinctly remember a Ziggler/Cena match. I clearly recall the brief storyline with Edge being the point when I said ok, Ziggler is pretty good

His matches with Cena definitely established him as a credible threat to Edge.

Decent show tonight. Good main event. Here's my review:

WWE RAW 8/22/11 Review w/ X

The 411 Report will be up shortly.

I skimmed over your Punk and Cena segments and two things stuck out.

X said:
I'm not a detractor of Cena's, in fact I'd consider myself a fan of the man's, but to say his babyface shtick has grown stale at this point in time would be a gross understatement."
The bold surprises me. Don't think I've ever read where you say you're a fan of him. Not to say you haven't, just that I don't believe I've read it.

The other:
X said:
I'm never one to complain about quality matches being given away on free TV, but it seems odd that they would give away a match that brought them so much attention on their last two PPVs for free on RAW.
They're trying to get away from Punk vs. Cena, so they can have two babyfaces involved in big programs, instead of with each other. By doing it on Raw, now, they can get it over with, and begin the progression of moving Punk and Cena in different directions, and solving the problem of the automatic rematch clause.

But, simply put, they're wanting to get Punk and Cena going in different directions as soon as possible.

I do. We just discuss more important things to discuss than Steamboat Ricky, like fried chicken and big tits.

Nah, he just mentioned it in passing is all. If I remember, I'll ask him next time.

Didn't realize God was a guy. Perhaps bc God was wearing a size 8XL CM Punk shirt and wrist tape with Xs on the backhands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back