WWE RAW 9/5/2011 - Surely All These Pipe Bombs Are Illegal?

Maybe not, but 1999 Jeff Hardy was a lot better then Slater. Nothing about Slater is entertaining. I see nothing from the guy to say he will ever do anything of importance. Bland look, minimal mic skills, solid but nothing special in the ring. Anything can happen in wrestling but I see nothing from Slater.

No he wasn't. J Hardy wasn't anything more than a low card spot monkey during that time. If Slater jumped off a ladder or did a flip or two he'd be exactly the same.

The show was okay besides the shitty Nash texted Nash part. I seriously have a major issue with it. Now NoC is no dq between Punk and Trips so something is going down. Miz and Truth were good. Divas yup sucked. Ryder wasn't to bad. good main event too. I give it a C+

I completely disagree. Look, he wasn't a World Champ, but people cared about him. He was a tag star, a singles star, had some of the most memorable matches ever (TLC). You can't deny that he was someone the people cared about.

My point is that it took years for people to care about him. Slater hasn't even been in the company a year. You are too impatient.

My point is that it took years for people to care about him. Slater hasn't even been in the company a year. You are too impatient.

Slater has been in the company for over a year. He was also in Nexus, one of the hottest stables/angles of the year and people STILL didn't care. He is nothing more than a human crash dummy.

Slater has been in the company for over a year. He was also in Nexus, one of the hottest stables/angles of the year and people STILL didn't care. He is nothing more than a human crash dummy.

ROFL not even Wade Barrett has anything really going for him. I guess you're gonna say he's crap to right?

No he wasn't. J Hardy wasn't anything more than a low card spot monkey during that time. If Slater jumped off a ladder or did a flip or two he'd be exactly the same.

He was part of one of the most popular tag teams in the WWE and had a wrestling style that got the crowd excited. Slater has absolutely nothing going for him. Being a spot monkey may be a hated style by many but it at least gets the crowd into you. The crowd doesn't give a shit about anything Slater does.

He was part of one of the most popular tag teams in the WWE and had a wrestling style that got the crowd excited. Slater has absolutely nothing going for him. Being a spot monkey may be a hated style by many but it at least gets the crowd into you. The crowd doesn't give a shit about anything Slater does.

Fair enough

He's bland, but he IS big. Not great though. I'd love to hear why he's good, actually.

He's not, no one that has been in the company for less than 2 years [besides maybe Daniels] is particularly all that exciting, and rightfully so. That's why fans have to be patient.

He's not, no one that has been in the company for less than 2 years [besides maybe Daniels] is particularly all that exciting, and rightfully so. That's why fans have to be patient.

At least Barrett has shown signs. He has done some solid mic work and has had some good matches on big stages. He also is a guy that is actually relevant to the fans on a weekly basis. He has wrestled a match on 14 straight ppvs. A few of those being main events.

At least Barrett has shown signs. He has done some solid mic work and has had some good matches on big stages. He also is a guy that is actually relevant to the fans on a weekly basis. He has wrestled a match on 14 straight ppvs. A few of those being main events.

While I do believe that sometimes professional wrestling fans, especially those comprising the IWC, are notoriously impatient and expect way too way too soon, I really don't see Heath Slater ever amounting to anything in the business. Below average in ring wrestling skills, zero charisma, and the wrong look. I think you could be as patient as could be with this guy, and he's never progressing beyond the lower mid card. I see him in the tag team scene, but in terms of singles, he's flirting with the mid card at best, and more likely, will be enhancement talent for a while until he is ultimately future endeavored. The only thing saving him is that he's got the type of face that you just love to see getting punched in. This will keep him around for a while, but once this punching bag routine gets old, he's gone.

And yet he was still squashed by Cena last week. Up an comers don't get squashed in five minutes. Truth is an up and comer, Del Rio is an up and comer, Sheamus is an up and comer... Barrett still needs to prove himself... just like Slater.

And yet he was still squashed by Cena last week. Up an comers don't get squashed in five minutes. Truth is an up and comer, Del Rio is an up and comer, Sheamus is an up and comer... Barrett still needs to prove himself... just like Slater.

Del Rio and Sheamus, WORLD CHAMPIONS = Up and comers? Eeehhhhhh...

They don't have to excite, but they have to be worth something. Barrett still has something there, like I said, he's big. He may bore me, but he has strengths that can take him up the card. Slater on the other hasn't shown me anything.

If Slater gets past the mid card... EVER, I'll be stunned.

Yes they are.

Del Rio isn't a well known enough heel. That's why he's feuding with Cena. Because he hasn't been truely established yet.

Sheamus isn't even close to the caliber of Cena, or even Orton. He's an up and coming face because he cannot draw like those two can.

They don't have to excite, but they have to be worth something. Barrett still has something there, like I said, he's big. He may bore me, but he has strengths that can take him up the card. Slater on the other hasn't shown me anything.

And it generally takes years for that to happen. Fans of today that expect any newbie to get the title within a year or two have a twisted perception on the nature of the pro wrestling business.

Yes they are.

Del Rio isn't a well known enough heel. That's why he's feuding with Cena. Because he hasn't been truely established yet.

Sheamus isn't even close to the caliber of Cena, or even Orton. He's an up and coming face because he cannot draw like those two can.

And it generally takes years for that to happen. Fans of today that expect any newbie to get the title within a year or two have a twisted perception on the nature of the pro wrestling business.

Yes they are.

They may not be at the height of their stardom, but they're fairly established at this point. The fans identify with them and they have the star power to consistently main event their shows.

Punk can't draw like Cena, neither can Kane or Mysterio, but none of these guys are up and comers. You might just be misusing the term.

I don't care if he gets the strap, he sucks... So he shouldn't. A guy should have potential for me to care and Heath Slater is a one trick pony that has NO connection with the fans.

They may not be at the height of their stardom, but they're fairly established at this point. The fans identify with them and they have the star power to consistently main event their shows.

Punk can't draw like Cena, neither can Kane or Mysterio, but none of these guys are up and comers. You might just be misusing the term.

I'm not misusing the term. Mysterio, Kane, and Punk can't draw like Cena, but they've all been in the company for more than half a decade.

Sheamus hasn't been in the company 3 years, and this is his first month as a face... he's an up and coming face that way.

Del Rio is a heel, so it's a bit different. Del Rio should have won the title off of Cena like Miz did, and elevated himself that way. Del Rio is now the champion, and he hasn't had that breakout feud to really cement his reputation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back