MMA September - Where Jon Jones Does The Reverse of His Biggest Sponsor's Slogan

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
Welcome to the MMA September General Spam Discussion Thread.

JonesWalkinWalkOut.gif

Calendar
Literally Something UFC Related Everyday on FuelTV if you have it.
The Ultimate Fighter 16: Carwin vs. Nelson every Friday at 10:00 beginning 9/14
TUF: UK vs. Australia beginning 9/19 but who cares

9/22- UFC 152 - Jones vs. Belfort
9/29 - UFC on Fuel - Struve vs. Miocic
9/29 - Strikeforce - Melendez vs. Healy

Essential Websites:
http://www.mma.ly
http://www.ufc.com

Visit At Your Own Peril:
http://www.sherdog.com
http://www.sherdog.net
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.splash&forum=1

Noteworthy/Discussion Topics:

3JeXW.jpg

Chael Sonnen said:
"I don't know the mindset or who's around (Jones). I only know who's around me. Dan Henderson, Matt Lindland, Randy Couture. These are the guys who molded me not just physically, but mentally. They would fight anybody, any time, anywhere. Some people mean it when they say that.

"I'm from that same mold. I'd never disrespect those guys that gave so much to me by being the first one from our group to back down. And I never say that to sound like a tough guy. I say that because I think it's really important that you're never a bully in this sport. I hate them so much.

"I have this stigma of being a trash talker, but my only goal was to bring these bullies down. I never picked on anybody who wasn't No. 1 in the world. When I went after Wanderlei Silva, he had an aura around him that he couldn't be beat. When I went after Anderson (Silva), when I went after Paulo Filho, the Nogueira brothers, (Lyoto) Machida. If they were in my cross hairs, they were a No. 1 guy that everyone else was sidestepping.

"They are all a bunch of punks and bullies and I will never be one. The only litmus test I have for myself—am I willing to fight anybody? When the day comes that I won't fight somebody, I won't fight anybody. If there is someone out there that makes me go 'I'm not fighting him,' then I'm not going to fight anyone anymore.

"That's what bullies do. Bullies pick and choose who they get in fights with based on who they think they can beat. I will never, ever do that. When the day comes that I back down, I will quit this sport."

Oh, and Aldo vs. Edgar at UFC 153 will be a very cool fight.

Go Vitor.

My favorite fighter, Anderson Silva, is at the US Open. I knew I should have sprung for tickets this year...

Hell I'm excited for everything coming up, there isn't a single dull card aside from maybe the Macao one. Struve vs Miocic is the best fuel card I've ever seen, every fight on there has major potential and we'll see Stipe continue to rise in the HW rankings.

Dan Henderson, Rashad Evans and Eddie Wineland are all expressing interest in being on the end of the year card 155. YES

Also Guy you should go to Batista's MMA event, Dave Louseau and John Howard are on the undercard and will give you some nice KO's.

Not really looking forward to much this month in MMA. UFC 152 has two fights I'm interested in seeing (Belfort vs. Jones and Bisping vs. Stann), and that's about it. I'm a huge Gilbert Melendez fan, but Pat Healy is as big of an dull opponent as they could have possibly given him (and the rest of that card is absolutely dreadful).

But it doesn't matter. Boxing has two great fights this month (Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs. Sergio Martinez, and Canelo Alvarez vs. Josesito Lopez), and football season is back. This is the time when MMA can put out lacking cards and it doesn't bother me, lol.

Also, I just watched Arlovski vs. Sylvia, and despite the horseshit NC decision, that was still a damn good Heavyweight fight.

Arlovski definitely deserves another shot in the UFC. I hope he gets it.

Yeah that was a great fight and it'll go down as a KO win for Andrei in my books. I say give us Andrei vs Barnett in Josh's last SF fight, really the only deserving guy for Josh who isn't booked or in the UFC. Only thing is it would be extremely hard to root against Andrei.

Not really looking forward to much this month in MMA. UFC 152 has two fights I'm interested in seeing (Belfort vs. Jones and Bisping vs. Stann), and that's about it. I'm a huge Gilbert Melendez fan, but Pat Healy is as big of an dull opponent as they could have possibly given him (and the rest of that card is absolutely dreadful).

152 isn't too too bad. In addition to the fights you mentioned, I'm really interested in Benevidez/Johnson and Swanson/Oliveira (both guys are on rolls).

152 non spam is up.

I'm pumped for a few on that card but Swanson vs Oliveira will be insane, can't even begin to fathom it. And ofcourse Stann hopefully KOing the brit like Hendo did will be very nice. Hoping for a Benavidez KO as well. Dont even want to watch Jones-Belfort.

So Andrei is fucking Rousey....how does he do it?! First he lands that supermodel now the hottest gal in MMA, guess there are perks to being eastern european. Or it's the beard.

Jon Jones is a kindergartner.

Also, not sure if this is real, but it's pretty believable...

"I don"t even know who Charlie Brenneman is... Someone told me he's a even more boring version of Jon Fitch with a tramp stamp, who's begging for me to feed him"

The world will literally explode with joy if someone ever KOs him. Seriously it just keeps getting easier to find reasons to not like him as a person.

I really think there's a chance Vitor KOs him. Jones was bothered by Machida bumrushing him in their fight... IF Vitor can pull something similar off in their fight, it could be lights out.

If Vitor fights tentatively like he did with Andy for most of their fight them he's fucked. If he wants to win he has to be the aggressor the entire time and push Bones back, that's when he can KO him. I really do hope he can do it and I have faith in his abilities but I have a bad feeling he'll try and counter strike or something ridiculous like that.

Vitoria has to make Jones exchange with him. Stay in the pocket and look to barrage at any opportunity with those insanely fast, powerful hands. The problem though is that Vitor has a big history of being frustrated when on his back, even as a BJJ Blackbelt, he gets stifled. See his fights with Sakuraba and Henderson. Jones will look to take this fight down, he knows it's far too risky to stand with Belfort.

I'm not saying he counterstrikes. I'm saying that his best chance is catching Jones in exchanges. As Jones still makes fundamental mistakes. Belfort if he lands once, will land 10 times after that. Jones still has a long way to go before he can be considered a polished striker.

That holds true for Belfort against most of his opponents, I doubt that would happen against Jones. Jones is to long, to tall, to smart, and to fast to be caught 11 times in a row. He'll back out, establish range, and use his movement to keep Belfort away until he clears his head. Belfort is fast, but not fast enough to overcome 10 inches of reach to hit Jones 10 extra times like you said. If Belfort ever connects with Jones, it will look exactly like when Rampage connected. Jones backing up and keeping Belfort away with jabs and push kicks.

That's not to say I disagree with you, I think Belfort's best chance is to be aggressive almost to a fault, but There is no way he will be able to tee of on Jon unless he drops him.

One FC has now adopted full Pride rules after the Sylvia-Arlovski shit, just wish they'd figured out how stupid that rule was before Andrei got robbed of that win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back