MMA August - Where Frankie Edgar Needs 10 Rounds For A Title Defense

I see one person talking trash, while the other person is feeding right into them.

So if I told you, you aren't half the man I am, that isn't talking trash? It takes two to banter.

If Jones didn't reply to Sonnen's remarks, no hype would ever be made and everybody would chastise Jones for not replying. He replies to comments made by Sonnen, and every chastises him for "feeding Sonnen."

Jones is trying to hype a potential fight, he could let Sonnen talk and talk, but he's choosing to go at it. He does this because it will make a potential fight between the two much more interesting and therefore, make him much more money.

Chael sold his fight against Anderson by himself, because he's good at talking shit. Jones, on the other hand, isn't good at talking trash and his whole stance against Sonnen is transparent. I'm all for defending yourself, but don't try to masquerade that as trying to hype a fight (that may never even fucking happen).

Notice how much more the second fight between Anderson and Sonnen sold when Anderson started talking as well. Two people showing disdain towards each other will always sell much better than one person attempting to hype a fight himself. Jones knows he doesn't have much left for him at LHW and with the emergence of a new, charismatic challenger in his division, he knows he could make big money hyping this fight, if it does in fact materialize. Sure, he also must defend himself, but he's really killing two birds with one stone. He defends himself against the best trash talker the sport has ever seen and helps hype a potential big money fight between the two.

Randy says hell come out of retirement to fight Steven Segal. Please let this happen, it'd be Couture-Toney all over again.

UFC on fox 5 is officially amazing. Cerrone-Pettis #1 contender match possibly being added, Dana's denying but ill call bluff. Also it's rumored to be in Sacramento, if so I'm fuking there to see Diaz win.

That's what has be so excited about this fight is seeing one of the best submission artists we've ever seen take on a guy who has been so far unsubmittable, not only that but has displayed crazy defense from subs that would have had others taking a nap or tapping. That's the coolest part of this fight to me, if Diaz gets ahold of him can he tap him, I believe he can. It's gonna be hard as shit to get him to that position though.

I think his best chance will be something from the bottom. Diaz will get taken down and he can't scramble as well as Frankie can, so Bendo may get lazy.

In other news BJ is claiming Rory pulled out of their fight because he knew he couldn't win

I agree, also if Ben fights on the feet the way he did at 150 I could potentially see Nate scoring more in the stand up. Ben may get a little cocky and Diaz might just capitalize on it. I love both guys but I really wanna see atleast one Diaz brother get the strap, plus I'd love to see Cerrone-Diaz 2 when Don isn't just standing there taking shots and not giving shit back.

Well aside from the injury trend atleast there are good ones with MMA, James McSweeney stopped an armed robbery in Vegas today. Took out a baddie with a knife guarding the door and when the other(who was holding the girl at the register) saw what James did he ran his ass out of there fast as he could.

Jones stops a mugging, Madadi saves two people from drowning, Nick Ring breaks up a group of 8 thugs beating up a couple in Calgary, Antoni Hardonk stops a mugging. These guys are fucking super heros.....

Notice how much more the second fight between Anderson and Sonnen sold when Anderson started talking as well. Two people showing disdain towards each other will always sell much better than one person attempting to hype a fight himself. Jones knows he doesn't have much left for him at LHW and with the emergence of a new, charismatic challenger in his division, he knows he could make big money hyping this fight, if it does in fact materialize. Sure, he also must defend himself, but he's really killing two birds with one stone. He defends himself against the best trash talker the sport has ever seen and helps hype a potential big money fight between the two.

Actually, I think Somnen/Silva I sold Sonnen/Silva II, not the trash talk. The fact that someone could put Anderson Silva on his ass for the better part of five rounds, only succumbing to a near-last second triangle choke is what sold that fight. Sure, trash talk added some anticipation to it, but a rematch of one of the greatest fights of all time will ALWAYS sell well.

I'm sure Jon Jones can see dollar signs in a potential fight with Chael Sonnen, but I don't think he's really talking trash, as much as he's trying not to look "worse" than Chael by backing down. From what I have read of the exchange between Sonnen and Jones, I couldn't shake the fact that Chael had Jones in the palm of his hand. It doesn't hurt Jones to keep the back and forth going, but it's not really adding much hype, either. We see plenty of Twitter exchanges and squabbles between fighters, celebrities, and variety of other athletes -- I'm not convinced that most people won't just see this as another petty squabble. Chael's yet to even fight his first fight in the division, I won't buy into the hype until he seems like a legitimate possibility to fight Jones.

Well Ian McCall fucked up, here's the story from MMA Fighting.

According to the report, McCall, 28, was arrested "without incident for two Harbor Court warrants for possession of narcotic paraphernalia, possession of prescription meds without a valid prescription, and driving on a suspended license."

A LBPD official said that McCall is "no longer in our custody," but wouldn't confirm exactly when he was released. They also wouldn't confirm exactly why he was arrested.

The report states that undercover Laguna Beach detectives and DEA agents were working on an investigation in Irvine on Tuesday morning when they recognized McCall. A warrant check revealed that he was wanted. McCall's bail was set for $16,500, according to the same report.

Apparently the word is now he's being held at the OC County Jail til Sept 13th for his hearing. This blows.

The backlash behind Ronda's win is embarrassing. Multiple people insisting she'd beat Cruz and even more people saying Cruz would have no chance at finishing Ronda. People saying she'd beat Urijah Faber, it's terrible

Just stupid fans sayin this or credible people? Either way that pretty bad, i mean Ronda is an amazing judoka and Nick Diaz says shes crazy good but c'mon folks, there's a limit.

It's people on the UG so take it as a grain of salt, but it boggles my mind people actually think that

The section has kindasorta died off though and the GSD thread is probably a huge reason why.

Whatever, we'll just have to ensure that MMA has a presence in that forum.

That's for sure, we need more people coming in though because even with us doing more it's only like 5-6 people on there regularly.

I still prefer our little group over everyone on Sherdog and the UG.

I intended to post in the Frankie thread and the Forrest/Chael thread but the forum fantasy football draft and the PPV got in the way. Probably do it after I eat

Yeah I couldn't do any other forum after this, our group is too good and all the other options are shit. Even if they weren't tho I'd still stay

Couple of Match Making Notes

Vlad The Janitor is replacing Roger Hollett at UFC 152 against Matt Hamill. Should be a good fight between two guys who got murdered by both Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson.

UFC 155 keeps getting insanely awesome as Gray Maynard is fighting Joe Lauzon. Really interested in seeing how this shakes out as Gray thinks he's a striker now and he primarily likes to keep it standing against guys with really dangerous submission games.

How's it going every one? It's been a while, I have yet to see UFC 150 yet, so I can't complain about Frankie losing a split decision just yet. Anyways, I'm sure it was a good fight.

Not too excited about Vlad vs Hamill, Vlad will drop a Dec and I'll be sad :(
But Lauzon vs Maynard sounds awesome, so excited for UFC 155 already, cant wait to go!

We've missed you bro, glad to see you back! It was a good fight, not as good as the first but decent. Watch Cowboy vs Melvin though, that was awesome. Did you catch any of Rousey vs Kaufman?

I think Vlad takes it. Hammil seemed absolutely dejected after his last loss, maybe the time away got his head right and he will come back with his heart in it, but I think ring rust will be too great. Vlad is a true vet.

Best missed you in the fed man, hope all is well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back