MMA August - Where Frankie Edgar Needs 10 Rounds For A Title Defense

I'm just so pumped for Cowboy's next two fights, the Pettis fight will be insane and the fact that he'll either get Bendo or Nate again is the perfect set up for redemption.

HENDOOOO

I'm just so pumped for Cowboy's next two fights, the Pettis fight will be insane and the fact that he'll either get Bendo or Nate again is the perfect set up for redemption.

Sorry man, but Cerrone is not beating Pettis.

And I would be more excited for Hendo/Jones if the undercard to it at least had one decent fight.

I get where you're comin from, Pettis is very good but I'd say a little overrated. Stephens gave him a good fight, when Cerrone fought Stephens he made him look like a novice. It's actually a cool set up going into this fight, both took a dissapointing loss and then came back with a win over Lil Heathen and a KO over guys who had never been put to sleep like that.

But I think Anthony starts things off quick, Cerrone starts a little slow but picks up momentum through the fight, on the ground Don has the edge but when it's there it's only for quick spurts and they scramble back up. I'd rather see this one go five rounds than something like Penn-MacDonald considering if BJ survives into those rounds he is going to be tired and it won't be fun to watch. But Cowboy and Anthony are both very dangerous in the later rounds.

You know what's sad? I really want to see Rousey vs Kaufman and I could probly snag a cheap ticket and drive an hour to SD for it. But goddamn I could not sit through the rest of the fights on that card, if Barnett was on it I might make an exception but I can't bring myself to sit through the rest of that shite.

I feel that, outside the main event is a meh card. I've met Julie Kedzie. Outside of that and potentially seeing Jacare pull off a cool sub there isn't much on the card to hold my interest

I do like Kedzie and Tate a lot, that fight has potential and I think it'd be cool to see a Jacare sub. Funny how the two I'm excited for the most are both women's fights

Mayhem was arrested yesterday in orange county after breaking into a church, stripping naked, and spraying a fire extinguisher all over the place o_O

To think I used to love that guy, he's off his rocker and a frickin idiot. The cops came in and he was just chilling on the couch on the second floor of the church bare ass naked. Ugh :disappointed:

Instead of making a thread about this, I would much rather just say it to you guys since you are pretty much my WZ family. In a short while I will no longer be the MMA moderator. I truly appreciate all of your support over the last 18 months of so. Words cannot express how much fun it has been talking, and debating with you all. I will still be around, but in a much smaller position. Again, JMT, Guy, Fizzy, JWG, Yazloz, and Crock it's been a lot of fun and I really do appreciate the support you have shown me and the MMA section. I'd like to acknowledge you all individually.

JMT, as I said before, I see you as a mentor and someone who has not only shaped the moderator and poster I am, but also someone who has shown me the sport in a whole nother aspect. Thank you so much for talking to me and getting me engaged in WZ. Without you I would have quit a long time ago. I can only hope that I was only a fraction of the poster you are.

Guy, you showed me support in getting the job in the first place and I really do appreciate that. You were also someone who talked and debated with me in the dark days of the MMA section. You, JMT and myself were all the section had three years ago, and you and JMT are really the two people who shaped the section. I will always have a great admiration for you on this forum.

JWG, I am so glad you came into the forum under my regime. I don't take any credit in your evolution as a poster, but it has been a pleasure watching you grow. You are truly one of my favorite posters to read, and I see big things in your future on here if you stick around.

Fizzy, we haven't always agreed but your loyalty to the section isn't even comparable. Without you this section would have died a long time ago because of your knack for creating debate. Thank you.

Yazloz, you are the newest edition to the section, in regards to regulars, but you are fantastic. Much like JWG, I see big things in your future if you stick around. Thank you for contributing when you did.

Crock, you are one of my favorite people to read in the forum as a whole, but I am so glad to see you entering the MMA section on a more regular basis. I can't wait to talk to you about the sport from a purely fans perspective in the near future.

The MMA section has been my favorite section for a long time, and while it is JMT's baby, I like to view it as my grand baby and it truly makes me proud to see how it is now compared to how it was years ago. Thank you all so much for your contribution and I will see you around.

Means a lot, Indy. You were fucking awesome in your tenure as MMA mod and nobody could have done as good of a job as you did. It'll be weird not seeing your name in bold, but I look forward to shooting the shit whenever. Make sure to get one last swing of the ban-hammer in, haha.

INDY you will always be the MMA Mod to me, I do credit you and jmt for forming me as a poster and guy & fizzy as well for welcoming me into the group. It literally kills me to see you step down but just know that we love you, you are awesome and although we wont see you as much I look forward to whatever we can get. Also saying that I am one of your favorite guys to read means the world to me as a poster, I will continue to do so in honor of your mentor run. :blush:

For you my brother ;)
[YOUTUBE]Vc1BqiEDtgw[/YOUTUBE]

After INDYs kind words I'll lighten the mood a bit. This was posted on a Facebook page I like, its full of MMA memes and similar stuff. Its Heath Herring in the picture

562930_263748807069578_1185417624_n.jpg

We've had our ups and downs, Indy, and we don't often agree on many things, but you were still a fantastic mod and a damn good poster. Glad to hear you're sticking around, it wouldn't be the same here without you.

You know outside of the main event, the 151 card is pretty meh. Unless a win for Siver jumps him ahead of the other so-so contenders at 145, there really isn't a meaningful fight otherwise. Charlie Brenneman and his boring ass is stuck curtain jerking again

Indy, thanks for taking over the section after I stepped down. I championed for you because I knew you'd do a good job. You're a good poster and a good dude. hope you stick around.

Yeah the main event is just about the only high point, then Siver if he can get a nice win/finish. And I'll enjoy Ellenburger destroying Heiron.

I wouldn't sleep on Heiron. He's already beaten Ellenberger before and is a pretty solid fighter. I could see him picking up the upset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back