MMA August - Where Frankie Edgar Needs 10 Rounds For A Title Defense

I'm loving how everyone just assumes GSP is going to beat Condit.

I'm not at all a Condit fan after the shit he pulled against Diaz, but you cannot count the guy out against a GSP coming off a year and a half long lay-off and a very serious injury. If Condit was facing prime, active, healthy GSP then I'd say it's fair to think Condit doesn't stand a chance against him, but right now it's silly for Anderson, the UFC, and the fans to think it's guaranteed GSP will win his next fight.

That said, I hope GSP looks better than ever against Condit and crushes that motherfucker, but it's remarkable to me how people are giving Condit zero chance against him.

I said it back in October and I'll say it now, Condit absolutely could sweep GSP from the bottom and create havoc.

I just really want to see GSP and Anderson face off.

I believe he can do it, I think his gameplay is gonna be like 143 and not only will it make for a shit fight but I think it'll make it easier for George's to do what he does best.

Dana says Bendo doesn't get a rematch even if it's close as hell, I'm glad he's thinking this way but goddamn it why didn't he say this after 144 when Edgar had been a part of all those rematches since 118 and didn't deserve this one.

GSP will destroy Condit. After such a long layoff, GSP has something to prove, he has something to fight for. Somebody else is calling himself "champion" and GSP is going to put that shit to rest.

I'll bump this thread when it happens :)

Jay Heiron returning to fight Ellenburger, hope this one goes better than his first fight in the UFC.
Also Kos's injury is a bulged disc, I hope it's not too bad because I've had that and it seriously fucks you up.

Jon Jones is now the first UFC fighter to be sponsored by Nike.

Aug 8, 2012 - Jon Jones is about to become the global face of mixed martial arts.

The UFC light heavyweight champion has signed a sweeping, worldwide sponsorship deal with sports apparel giant Nike, MMA Fighting has confirmed with multiple sources.

The two sides have agreed to a multi-year contract that will see Jones decked out in Nike gear for the foreseeable future. On Sept. 1, when he faces Dan Henderson at UFC 151, Jones will be rocking the famous "Swoosh."

As a part of the deal, Jones will be featured on worldwide Nike advertising and receive his own signature line, sources said. It is expected to be announced within a week.

When reached by phone, Jones' manager Malki Kawa declined comment while Jones did not immediately return a message left by MMA Fighting.

While a few international mixed martial arts including UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva and popular Japanese fighter Yoshihiro Akiyama have inked deals with Nike subsidiaries in their respective countries, Jones' deal makes him the first to land a global pact.

The 25-year-old had previously publicly stated a goal of signing with the Oregon-based sports powerhouse. Jones and Kawa first visited the Nike campus in Beaverton in May before opening negotiations that resulted in the deal. Nike is the world's leading sports and shoe retailer, with a $43 billion market cap. In fiscal 2011, the company earned $20.9 billion in revenue.

In March 2011, Jones became the youngest champion in UFC history, winning the belt at age 23. Including that win, which came against Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Jones defeated four consecutive former UFC champions, becoming the first man ever to accomplish that feat.

His fight with former two-division PRIDE champion Henderson takes place as the main event of UFC 151, and a win might give him the greatest five-fight stretch in MMA history. He is considered a heavy favorite to emerge victorious.

In his career, he is 16-1 overall, with his only loss coming via disqualification due to illegal elbows in a fight he had been in clear control of.

Jones' early domination has led some observers, including Rolling Stone Magazine, to wonder aloud if Jones would become the Michael Jordan of the sport, mixed martial arts' transcendent figure. With a global Nike deal in hand to match the one Jordan received early in his NBA career, Jones takes another step towards that level.

And just like that, we have the new face of MMA.

So Cro Cop wants to get back into MMA. Its so frustrating when legends can't let it go. You want to root for them but you know they are probably gonna let you down and more than likely get embarrassed

He's got 2 kickboxing wins since 137 and he's got it in his head he's ready to go now, hope he doesn't die.

Apparently the only reason Andy is contemplating the drop to 170 is because Lyoto likes the idea of middleweight, I'm very excited by the idea of both guys in new weight classes and all the new match ups we could see.

Anderson and Akiyama have done small deals with Nike subsidiaries in their own countries but he's got the first global deal.

Yea, Anderson and Akiyama are signed to their countries Nike expansions. Jones got a full global deal which includes his own line and full advertising

I read today on Fighter's Only website that Anderson's deal with Nike will go worldwide as well.

Also this was a thumbnail for an article and it made me want to read said article.
melvin-guillard-23-sm.jpg

So someone just made a thread about this in the Wrestling Spam Zone but apparently D Bryan got the YES chant from Diego. Don't know how I didn't put that together before but I love it haha

You know as soon as he tried to climb on Shields would just fall on top and lay there for the next fifteen minutes....I mean I like Jon Fitch, lay'n'pray is totally legit

Melvin came in 175.5, elected to give a percentage of his pay to Cerrone instead of cut the weight. Dammit Melvin right when you're being really smart and cool you do this?! >_<

Cerrone vs Pettis headlining the next free Fox card, make that shit happen.

Dana confirmed that this fight is going to happen for #1 Contendership. Frankie's out of the title picture (as unfair as it may be for him)... I really want to see him at 145, and it seems like Dana's trying to force his hand to make him go down.

Penn/McDonald is on the next Fox card, and I want to see that get 5 rounds. Cerrone/Pettis wouldn't be a bad co-main though, that's for sure. Also, I am psyched about seeing Cerrone/Pettis... you want to talk about a barnburner, look no further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back