MMA August - Where Frankie Edgar Needs 10 Rounds For A Title Defense

Rory is out of his fight with BJ due to a... uhh... huge cut sustained during training :rolleyes:

Finishing watching last night's event now (left off with Lauzon/Varner, which I think is a legit Fight of the Year Candidate), and wow, Bader fought like a goddamn ******.

I don't like Vera at all, but you have to give credit when due. Nobody thought he'd win and he fought Shogun VERY tough. It shows that if Vera's motivated, and fights smart, he can be a tough out for anyone at 205.

Cung Le vs. Rich Franklin is on for UFC on Fuel in China.

Really excited that they re-booked this matchup... should be a war.

Fuck it, put Swick in there. Penn vs. Swick would be a great fight.

That was the first name that popped to my mind as well. Swick deserves a big paycheck fight after last night.

And of course, as a BJ fan, it's a fight where I could fully expect BJ to have his way with Swick and finish him in the 1st.

Alot of folks on Twitter are asking for Sherk-Penn 2, that could be interesting too and as a Sherk fan I can't say no.

I wouldn't mind a fight with Thiago Alves.

One name I would like to see because I like watching him get submitted, is Matt Brown. He has won three straight and always puts on a good show. God I love watching him tap though

Siyar is pushing hard to be the replacement for Rory. He said he wants two true fighters to go in there and it's his dream to fight BJ. He'd also donate his fight purse to charity and agree to VADA testing.

Fuck it, throw him in there!

I wouldn't mind a fight with Thiago Alves.

One name I would like to see because I like watching him get submitted, is Matt Brown. He has won three straight and always puts on a good show. God I love watching him tap though

You don't like him? Or you just enjoy seeing him tapping?

I agree on Siyar though, he obviously wants it and although there are others I'd prefer to see go against him I know this would be a good fight and a rare opportunity for a new face in the UFC.

Frank Mir is a Colossal underdog to Daniel Cormier. I am very tempted to drop done serious money on him. Are the oddsmakers forgetting that Mir is still a top 5 HW?

You don't like him? Or you just enjoy seeing him tapping?

I'm not a fan but I don't dislike him. He just has so little submission defense its almost comical. He had that run in 2010 where he lost three fights, all by submission.

Frank Mir is a Colossal underdog to Daniel Cormier. I am very tempted to drop done serious money on him. Are the oddsmakers forgetting that Mir is still a top 5 HW?

Cormier handled Barnett fairly well, and Mir is a pretty similar fighter. Had I not already bought tickets to Survivor Series I might have dropped that $80 on Mir, but I wouldn't bet the house

To be fair those sub losses were to Ricardo Almeida, Chris Lytle and Brian Foster but yeah his sub defense is definitely laughable.

I'll put money on Mir too, odds are it goes a lot like Barnett-Cromier but I think that Dan and a lot of fans are overlooking Frank. He may not be 28 anymore but hes still one of the best in the world.

Frank can't get DC down and he doesn't have the chin to strike with him. Will be like the JDS fight

But what happens if DC takes Mir to the ground? Frank could totally pull off a submission from the bottom.

Koscheck out of UFC 151 vs. Ellenberger. Was looking forward to that one.

I'll be banking on that happening, a la Mir vs Pete Williams. Sucks about Kos tho, I was excited for that one too. Maybe throw in Thiago Alves, if the stood and banged that would be SICK.

Also I'm
Beyond pumped for 150, read a great article on Junkie about Cerrone and Guillard. Cerrone isn't training at Jackson's for this fight so it's fair to Melvin, now that is friendship. Plus they've both said they're gonna tear each other apart, then go back to being great friends and have drinks after the fight. Nice seeing that after to ugly shit with Rashad and Jones, love both of them and can't wait for the fight!

If DC takes Mir down and tries to prove a point that he can hang on the ground with anybody, he's dumb. I highly doubt he does this.

I doubt it too but then again the way he worked with Barnett on the ground was pretty slick, if I were him I'd be feeling very confident in my abilities. I expect DC to keep it on the feet as much as possible so that may not even matter.

Frank has underrated striking but DC has a lot of power. He may catch him like he did with Kongo, but as a diehard Mir fan, I'm nervous over this fight

Yeah I'd be lying if I said I wasn't too, I still have faith and if he comes in better than he did in the last fight mentally then I think he can do it. It's a hard fight though, like a smaller Carwin with better wrestling.

Yeah I'd be lying if I said I wasn't too, I still have faith and if he comes in better than he did in the last fight mentally then I think he can do it. It's a hard fight though, like a smaller Carwin with better wrestling.

And cardio

Mir has decent stand-up, but Cormier has a chin and Mir doesn't... that makes all the difference in the World.

The ONLY way Mir wins is if Cormier makes a mistake. And Cormier seems way too smart to jump into a situation that would put him in trouble. Cormier will win, I guarantee it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back