MMA August - Where Frankie Edgar Needs 10 Rounds For A Title Defense

Any stories from the presser today, JW?

Thanks for askin jmt, unfortunately not really, traffic was horrendous, got in late and the presser itself was pretty bland. Dana did alot of defending his recent decisions and saying there are plenty of guys who can still give Jones good fights, pushing up Teixiera. I also liked Bader's confidence, got me more excited for his fight although I think he's gonna get outclassed.

Hopefully the weigh ins give us some exciting stuff, I'll be there with two friends from up north and we're going to do our best to get into the Hendo Q&A right before. The fact that DaMarques is on the card has me looking forward to atleast one face off. Also excited because Josh Barnett said he's gonna be there, as well as Rousey. I'll be stalking them HARD :p

And HOLY SHIT, WAR ANDREI!!!!

I'm pulling for Arlovski big time, but Sylvia doesn't have to KO him in one shot -- he just has to rock him, then capitalize. This shit's depressing, though. Think back to where these guys once were.

Matt Hamill's returning at UFC 152 vs some dude making his UFC debut.

He looked pretty terrible vs Rampage and Gustafsson... But maybe feasting on b-league talent will be the cure he needs.

Both Timmy and Arlovski have glassjaws and horrible decision making, but Arlovski has at least remained in great shape. He should win on athleticism alone.

Got into the the Hendo Q&A, I love Hendo but he's the most boring dude for a Q&A. Super cool tho, pretty close!

Tim already TKO'd Andrei when Andrei was in his prime. No reason he can't do it again. With that in mind, I'm calling the fight will go just like their third fight

So can anyone else tell me why MMA "Journalists" are putting forward this notion that Shogun is done? He lost to Jones, coming off knee surgery, destroyed Forrest, and put on a Fight of the Decade performance against Hendo. He's doing just fine and if the UFC must go the rematch route against Jones (if he beats Hendo), I'd much rather see Shogun get the shot as I think he could still pose a challenge to Jones if he's 100% healthy and doesn't eat a flying knee in the first 15 seconds.

If I had to guess I would say its because of his knee issues. He is only 4-5 in the UFC and the knee issue seemed to start about the time he got there. Plus a lot of Pride guys hit the tail end of their careers sooner than others. Just my guess as to why

Happy to see my boy AA fighting again, but I don't think a fight with Sylvia makes much sense if he is trying to get back to the UFC. Oh well, hopefully he knocks him the fuck out.

Weigh ins were pretty cool, got in early so we got great seats. Rashad gave me a high five on his way to the broadcast booth. Saw Stann but couldn't get close enough for a picture, hopefully today. Almost won Shogun gloves in one of Dana's hunt4ufc things on twitter but I got beat out by some kid who was closer, ass.

It was cool, I wasn't where they were filming the crowd tho. Tonight I'll be in the floor seating near where they walk out, I've got short brown hair and am wearing my black Josh Barnett shirt on. Hope all you guys enjoy the fights!

Holy shit I'm 30 yards from the octagon, so amazing! I'm about 20 feet in front of Chael and Rashad in the broadcast booth.

Iphone is the way to go. Always have it on me and takes crystal clear pictures.

My iPhone 3 takes shit pictures but I'm using that one and my camera. Just had Kim Coates(Tig) and Theo Rossi(Juice) from Sons Of Anarchy walk down the aisle past me, cool to see them here! Rousey is here rooting for Manny. God she is amazing....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back