• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**Merged** Cena & Rock Discussion - KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!!

Do you support The Rock or John Cena?

• The Rock

• John Cena

• The Miz!!!!!

• I'm just going to enjoy the show

Results are only viewable after voting.
Cena's rap was lackluster and uninspired.It seemed to me he would have rather respond as his current character.The Rock ripped him apart and all Cena could do is a halfhearted freestyle.:disappointed:

ok its close BUT round one goes to THE ROCK. he made his return n squashed anything and everything that has happened in the wwe since the moment he walked out the door, INCLUDING a 30 shat on cena.

in cenas defense, FINALLY(sorry had to use the word) vince mcmahon LET john cena have free reign on his own promo which brought freshness and awsomeness to cena. Cena was hilarious for the first time in i dont know how long so its only a sign of things to come, but so far this has been the best two weeks of raw promo wise in years.

BTW, the pinwheel/blow me insult, cena has used tht material before when he debuted, insulting carlito/edge etc..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIEOi0DpUNg

I think it's a tie. Cena and Rock both had truths to their arguments, but Rock had a bigger crowd reaction while Cena's on was more surprising for the simple fact that I'm pretty sure we all forgot Cena had it in him. It took The Rock's return for us to remember why Cena is at where he's at today and that he still has it.

But in other news we can all agree that the Miz lost. He had a chance to shine and really let us see what he could do on the mic, but he epically failed, and did the same old thing he does every week.

Score:
The Rock = +1
John Cena = +1
The Miz = -2

I completely agree with your last point. The Miz had the opportunity to combat not just the number one guy in the company, but also possibly the most popular legend the WWE has ever created, a man that just happens to be the very inspiration for your character and career (in The Miz's own words), your favorite superstar EVER....and you blow it. Miz looked extremely second rate compared to Cena and The Rock. He took ten steps backwards in my opinion.

It was the equivalent to having the opportunity to play ball with Michael Jordan, and Lebron James at the same time, and shooting an airball on your first attempt.

The Rock killed Cena. Cena's rap was slow and just uninteresting. Sure he made fun of the Rock doing crappy movies but at least he didn't have two straight to DVD releases and his movies I'll actually watch and be entertained like The Other Guys(even if he's in it for like 20 minutes), Get Smart, and Walking Tall. He also had a very pro Cena crowd start chanting "Cena Sucks" and getting people on his side.

Also the Rock had me actually laughing when he ripped Cena. Cena's rap just sort of made me want to watch Family Guy. He just kept saying the Rock went to make movies even though the Rock accomplished just about everything there is to accomplish in six years so I guess I can't find humor in what Cena had to say even though it was sort of funny of him telling the Rock to blow him.

BTW @Christian42, the Rock can use seven year old catch phrases and make us laugh. Cena has been saying you can't see me for seven years and using the same awful entrance for a few years, so yes the Rock can use seven year old phrases.

Wow, just wow. Is it just me or is Raw starting to get good again. Don't get me wrong, Raw is usually the best right around Wrestlemania time, but this was a damn good Raw.

So who won the the battle of words between the Rock and John Cena? I'm sorry guys, I've never been a fan of John Cena and I might never be a fan of John Cena. With that said, JOHN CENA WON THE BATTLE OF WORDS.

Cena's promo, as a whole, wasn't better than the Rock's. However, Cena's remarks on the Rock were better. This was the best promo Cena has cut since the WWE went PG. It was amazing and really fun to watch.

Trust me people, I would take the Attitude Era of the PG Era any day of the week. But Cena won this round.

Cena's response was halfhearted and uninspired.If I did not know any better I would have to say he did not like bringing out the old Dr.of thugonomics gimmick he wanted to be Super-Cena.Rock buried him and Miz last week.Miz's response was lame as well just like their match at WM will be..

Its a tie because no one is in neutral position to judge the quality of the promo of the two, especially we cant prevent the influence of our bias opinion. The Rock has not cut a live promo for 7 years but so does cena who has not cut a rap promo for 6 years. So no extra bonus for niether of them.

Both individuals have valid point about the two. Both were entertaining to watch to cut their promo of insult. Some people may see cena as the winner is because his promo was longer and focused solely insulting the great one. The rock cut a 1 minute promo on cena but he totally slaughtered him the momment he speaks.

The Rock by a landslide. The Rock had a Cenation mutiny by the time he was done. The Rock left to make movies, but didn't disappear completely. He did make appearances whether they were on Titantron or not makes no difference. His face was on WWE programming in some form and fashion. John Cena is just pissed off because he's suffered the "Straight to DVD syndrome" with one of his movies. Rock's movies too............only AFTER they hit that silver screen. :worship:

Although people's opinions about The Rock's acting/movies differ, John Cena is talking out of his Fruit of the Loom elite member, card carrying candy ass. Rock was the most marketable superstar to date. He's been sought after by big time directors and he has received the highest pay for a new actor in history. John Cena rags on The Rock's movies, WOOOW, that takes creativity. Plus Cena was inaccurate. Rock never wore lipstick in Get Shorty, because he was never IN Get Shorty :wtf:, it was Be Cool. Check the reference to your rhymes Cena. :banghead: Cena's movies haven't grossed nearly what The Rock's has. I smell jealousy.

The Rock pretty much was the spokesperson for every single person who can't stand Cena, and said what was wrong with the business as well by using Cena as the poster child for the problem. Yeah, The Rock donned the wings for a tooth, but this giant fairy was flapping the wings all of the way to the bank.

You do realise this is a kayfabe row right?? Both promos were great in their own way. I've noticed some people ragging on Cena's rapper gimmick -are you guys forgetting that this is the same gimmick that got him over in the first place?? The same gimmick that elevated him to main event status?? The Rock was awesome also though...I'm excited to see what comes next!!

It was basically a tie in my opinion, both men had great promos. Cena delivers an excellent promo and the Cena haters give him no credit. That fact will probably never change; he can do no right in some people's eyes and it's just the "cool" thing to hate on him. I like both individuals so I'm rather unbiased here. After the Rock's promo I began to doubt Cena just a bit but he came back with a vengeance and reminded all of us why he deserves to be where he is today. Cena's rap had me marking out, so did the Rock's return. Why can't credit be given to both men? They both had me entertained.

Cena didn't point out anything that wasn't being said before Rock returned and people stopped caring once he was back.
Rock won the moment Cena had to revert back to an old gimmick, because it was admitting that Rock had so badly decimated Cena last week that he couldn't compete as the Cena of recent times. And the reality is he still can't compete with the old gimmick either. If you thought Rock had fun ripping apart Cena last week, wait until he gets hold of the white rapper gimmick. Cena is very shortly going to have nowhere to go and no ammount of freestyling or TALKING LOUDLY will be able to save him. It's going to be glorious.

I'm a HUGE Rock fan I'm a tad biased but I still feel The Rock owned Cena. The Rock cut a 23 minute promo all by himself and the crowd was in it the whole time. I can't remember the last time Cena went 15 minutes by himself and had the crowd eating out of his palm. Granted Rock didn't go the whole time about Cena or Miz for that matter but the electricity he produced was INCREDIBLE. Cena's rap was slow and flat out boring I feel. To me he still had that "fake" energy that he has every single time he is on camera it just doesn't feel real to me. Not one bit.

I Think it was a tie.

I actually said in another post that i didn't think Cena could cut promos against The Rock due to limitations that may be on him (such as Vince's image of him and the PG Rating) and that The Rock would be out of his League. But I will eat Humble pie and say Mr Cena stepped up and i actually laughed with him. It was entertaining just like the Rock.

The Rock nailed Cena's gimmick and Cena nailed the fact Rock went to Hollywood, so i say a draw and Bring on Round 2!!

LOL! ANYBODY that says the rock won that round is just a bias Cena hater...it wasnt even close! Nor did I think it would be. Look...the rock carries a reputation, and also fans have wanted to see him come back forever...so nobody's gonna be silent when he talks. People can say whatever they want about Cena...but I have NEVER, EEEEEEEEEEEEEVER...seen anybody just destroy his opponents with words like him. Although the rock was the best at that before him. Oh and of course steiner...Anyways, Cena just kills people bad on the mic. I'm pretty sure he ENDED Batista's (who was over at the time) CAREER, because of the shit he was saying about him. Omg, I'll never forget watching a segment between him and Batista, and I actually just felt uncomfortable and embarassed for Batista.

Yeah the Rock was kind of good...but, his act is FAR more tired than cena's (especially cause people have been copying it for years now). Really all the rock did was make fun of his wwe licensed merchandise, and imitate him using a whiney baby voice.....Thats something a five year old could do. LOL actually Miz busted him on THAT, and he was RIGHT. The rock is really kind of just lame now. Nothing impactful there. It will only be memorable, because his RETURN was memorable.

Cena didn't point out anything that wasn't being said before Rock returned and people stopped caring once he was back.
Rock won the moment Cena had to revert back to an old gimmick, because it was admitting that Rock had so badly decimated Cena last week that he couldn't compete as the Cena of recent times. And the reality is he still can't compete with the old gimmick either. If you thought Rock had fun ripping apart Cena last week, wait until he gets hold of the white rapper gimmick. Cena is very shortly going to have nowhere to go and no ammount of freestyling or TALKING LOUDLY will be able to save him. It's going to be glorious.
Exactly,Loveless did you notice how halfhearted Cena was during the promo.He knows he got destroyed and the best response creative gave him was that sorry-ass freestyle.:disappointed:

Round 1 goes to the ROCK.... Cena go back to the drawing board!!!!! and somebody said it funny how cena dissed the rocks movies but cenas movies go str8 to dvd hahahaha the rock is a better singer and i bet if the wanted to rap he could be a better rapper than cena to

I want them in the ring at the same time, cutting what would be the best promo in history. Leave the Miz backstage- he's out of his league. Can you imagine that? We may see something that destroys any memories of the Attitude Era promos that you have.

I want them in the ring at the same time, cutting what would be the best promo in history. Leave the Miz backstage- he's out of his league. Can you imagine that? We may see something that destroys any memories of the Attitude Era promos that you have.

I'd love to see that happen, but I don't think it will. I don't think Vince and WWE creative will put Cena in there face to face to cut a promo with the Rock. Cena will get eaten alive. Only few wrestlers has the mic skills to hold their own against him face to face, with Chris Jericho and Stone Cold among the few.

I'd have to break this down into aspects:

Content: In terms of what was said, I'd say Cena had this one. He struck right to the most bitter nerve of them all, The Rock's "abandonment" of the WWE universe. All The Rock could come up with is making fun of Cena's catch phrase in a squeaky mouse voice and observing that Cena wore clothing with color. One point to Cena.

Delivery: It was pointed out that Cena had to revert to his old gimmick to step up to The Rock whereas all The Rock had to do was be The Rock. It was far more natural and easier to enjoy delivered by The Rock than by Cena, whose battle rap, while excellent in quality and clever verbally, seemed forced. One point to The Rock.

Crowd Reaction: This one really depends on how you look at it and the two of them tie here, but for different reasons. The Rock had massive crowd reaction from the start. Simply put, he didn't really need to do anything to get it. His reputation is such that he could have walked out and talked about interior decorating and he'd have gotten a massive crowd reaction. He is The Rock, after all. You might have thought he'd win this aspect hands down. Cena, however, showed that he could take a crowd that was mostly against him at the beginning and bring them over to his side by the end. It takes a helluva lot of talent to do that. Cena gained by action what The Rock had by reputation. A draw.

So, at the end of the day, they're tied. Only one thing to do: escalate this sucker and keep it coming. Both of these guys delivered some well above-average entertainment and I'd like to see it continue.

Rock said it back in the day. Anybody can memorize something and go out and say it! But no one, cuts a promo like The Rock! People see that. Sure Cena was good, But i'll tell you this, if Rock came out right on the spot and they had to cut promos live, The Rock would eat him alive! Everyone knows that. One thing that The Rock is a master of, is, wrestling Improv! Cena's comeback was cute, but remember, that's after a week of probably memorizing his crap! Whereas, The Rock is most likely a step ahead of him and already knew Cena would come out and say some ridiculous rap! And yes, The Rock is one of the main reasons why Cena even has a job. The attitude era was responsible for that. Stone Cold, and The Rock were at the top, and always will be. To tell you the truth, Cena is probably honored to even be working with Rock. Especially when it comes to the promos. Because Rock is probably, if not, The Best in the business to ever cut promos! So YES, when you look back at it, Rock did win! If you're (people) a true wrestling fan, you would realize that.

You do realise this is a kayfabe row right?? Both promos were great in their own way. I've noticed some people ragging on Cena's rapper gimmick -are you guys forgetting that this is the same gimmick that got him over in the first place?? The same gimmick that elevated him to main event status?? The Rock was awesome also though...I'm excited to see what comes next!!

Is it? Cena's initial shoot on The Rock was far from kayfabe. He pretty much said The Rock doesn't give a damn about the business. That sounds personal to me. Wrestling fans with longevity have seen real life issues turned into storyline. I don't think it was kayfabe at all.

Cena went back to Thug U, and you said that it was the same gimmick that got him over...true, but what has Cena stuck with over the last 5 years? It just goes to show that the Super Cena has kryptonite in the form of The Rock. Rock didn't use any recycled material on Cena, yet Cena used the pinwheel joke from before.

It's not difficult to be derogatory, but it is very difficult to be original and crush someone in 60 seconds like The Rock did. The Rock came in, crushed him and moved on about business while still keeping the millions in the palm of his hand.

Well it wasn't as good as his old raps but i'll fault that on Cena being rusty on insult raps. Overall was it full on Doctor of thuganomics no, but was it something interesting from Cena definately.

My biggest beef is that his basic thuganomics theme didnt hit as he was leaving the ring afterwards.

People who are rooting for The Rock are just Cena Haters. I for one, HATE Cena. I despise him, but Cena clearly won. What's with people saying Cena had to dig into his old gimmick? The Rock was using 7 year old catch phrases! The Rock never made me laugh last week. Maybe it caught my eyes, but never laughed. Cena got me into his promo AND made me laugh at his jokes. Cena clearly won, so Cena haters, gtfo. Biased little kids.

I'd love to see that happen, but I don't think it will. I don't think Vince and WWE creative will put Cena in there face to face to cut a promo with the Rock. Cena will get eaten alive. Only few wrestlers has the mic skills to hold their own against him face to face, with Chris Jericho and Stone Cold among the few.

Well Said!

When I seen Cena get his chain out and imply that he was going to freestyle, I was thinking ''this is going to be cringeworthy, he's going to be fighting a losing battle'', but then he started and wow, he had some pretty good stuff. I don't know how much of the lyrics is Cena's stuff and how much is already written for him, either way it was quite effective by any 'rappers' standards.

I still think The Rock's was better in terms of crowd-reaction, and buzz, but I'd say this was probably more than helped by the fact it was his 'return'. Cena gave it one hell of a shot though, and I hope there's even better promo's to come from these two. Hopefully face to face.

Cena didn't pull any punches back in the day and I didn't he would tonight. His response was very very good. He deserves a lot of props for that.

Eatin alive? I don't think so. IMO, Cena is on par with The Rock. I am no Cena fan, but that's my opinion. Tonight Cena's promo was gold. If they would go 1 on 1, Cena would win. Get your head out of your ass. The Rock may be good, but he's only here for the paycheck. Cena will be here for years to come. Cena > The Rock. Sorry, this isn't 2003.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back