• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE RAW 8/22/2011 -The Kliq, Conspiracys & More Twists Than Anywhere Else...Brother

In fact, I reckon he'd be more of a hypocrite to give Triple H and crew the satisfaction of letting the WWE Championship ripped away from him without scratching and clawing his way back into the title picture. Besides, what better way to stick it to the man by winning the title back from the guy they set up to screw you?

He's doing just that tonight. He clawed his way back in after making it seem like he didn't care about going after the title last week. If he wins tonight, he's got the shot. But he'll get screwed again and then have to wait...in the meantime going after Nash/Trips even more.

It makes some sense, more in terms of cold hard reality than in terms of kayfabe. Cena has done the championship feud before, so the WWE will stick him in a fresher feud. Punk is pretty much a brand new face to the title scene, and sticking the belt on him and having him defend it at WrestleMania will cement him as a staple in the WWE Title scene no matter which show he's on and no matter who else is in the championship scene.

See the thing with this is, Punk claimed he was upset because he thought he was the best and didn't have the big time main event like Cena does. One way to go could be to have him in a WWE title match. But I think the bigger matches would be Punk vs Austin or Punk vs Taker. That way people are looking to that match almost as much as Cena vs Rock.

In the classic sense, yes he had many reigns but as I recall only one of them was for any longer than a couple months and that was when he was heel following WM17. He'd hold it for a little while and get screwed by the system

I think many of them were at least three months.

I'm not assuming that, it's just apparent that at this point in his career no matter what Cena does there will always a large contingent that hate him. He's acknowledged it himself and he's right

And this means he can't do anything besides chase the title? They still need to keep things interesting with Cena, and having him go after Triple H and his lackeys would be great for that.

What is he going to reference these things while fighting Del Rio? That makes no sense. Honestly, Punk's only gripe with Del Rio is the "conspiracy".

What is Punk going to reference any other week? He can do or say anything he wants. He came out of nowhere one night and mentioned Colt Cabana and people went nuts. He mentioned WWE Ice Cream bars and the roof exploded! His material is far from restricted from who he's feuding with.

I can't believe they're going to put Riley over Swagger after he sandbagged him last week. I've said it since he stepped foot in a WWE ring, the dude is a waste of oxygen.

Does anyone see a comparison between Michaels vs Rick Martel? two wrestlers fighting over the same manager, amazing.....

You know that I would love nothing but that. It just doesn't make sense in terms of kayfabe, which is still used a little bit. Punk still needs to have a big villain or something to face before he is truly completely over. Cena got it started, now it's on Punk, if they go that route.

Beth looked great.

A villain is great, but a goal is always better. Batman has Joker, but he doesn't fight Joker just because he has a personal disagreement with the guy. He fights him in hopes that he'll bring peace to the city of Gotham.

Similarly, CM Punk has the establishment, but he doesn't fight the establishment because he doesn't like it. He fights it because he wants to be on the top of the company. Who in kayfabe land is on top of the company? The WWE Champion.

What is Punk going to reference any other week? He can do or say anything he wants. He came out of nowhere one night and mentioned Colt Cabana and people went nuts. He mentioned WWE Ice Cream bars and the roof exploded! His material is far from restricted from who he's feuding with.

Except that it made sense with Cena, as he was the golden boy and all that jazz. Seriously, Punk feuding with Del Rio at this point in time is wasting his heat.

Why do you even want Cena to feud with the system?

I can't believe they're going to put Riley over Swagger after he sandbagged him last week. I've said it since he stepped foot in a WWE ring, the dude is a waste of oxygen.

I like A-Ry. It appears we disagree on two wrestlers! Besides, Riley winning tonight is only to base Swagger vs. Dolph, most likely.

Nash's text to attack Punk was from the Higher Power, who said he should do it for The Rock because THEY are coming. Punk's limo exploded too early though.

Similarly, CM Punk has the establishment, but he doesn't fight the establishment because he doesn't like it. He fights it because he wants to be on the top of the company. Who in kayfabe land is on top of the company? The WWE Champion.

Or, as he stated in weeks past, he wants there to be change. Whether that is him as champ, or someone else as long as it isn't Cena. How else is he going to get change other than fighting the system?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back