• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE RAW 8/22/2011 -The Kliq, Conspiracys & More Twists Than Anywhere Else...Brother

Who says JoMo is a spot monkey, the transitions in the moves are perfect. And Del Rio was solid in the match as well, he recovered nicely from that nasty bump to the head.

Idk Austin was the greatest anti-authority wrestling figure of all and in actuality he didn't hold the title all that much. He was constantly getting screwed out of it which is where I think they're heading with Punk. He'll win it back before too long though

Stone Cold was champion six times, he was champ plenty, though I do understand what you're saying. Still, saying that John Cena can't be the one to challenge the powers that be is just foolish. You're assuming that Cena is stuck playing the straight laced babyface, when he's already proven that he can play many different roles.

Punk said it himself, people are sick of Cena as champ. I'm guessing we didn't get more of the story last week because they needed to position Cena into taking the conspiracy feud, and position Punk to take the title feud.

Nice job fucking that move up, Del Rio. Looks like he payed for it in blood, though.

Yo, Del Rio fucking blows. He's looked like shit this entire match.

So Trips said earlier that the winner of the main event would be the first to get a title shot. Are we to assume that the loser will also get his rematch sometime following NOC? Or is that just something that we're gonna pretend to forget about?

I hate Del Rio, but I have to admit that WWE is doing a good job legitimizing him and making him come off as a real scumbag. I thought Del Rio looking like such a joke these past few months was really going to hurt this run, but these past two weeks have been perfectly handled. Just please keep the guy off the mic or put him in situations like he was in tonight with Cena and Punk... that's the only way he'll be tolerable to watch in main event storylines.

Quick question, has anyone ever been properly been put in the armbar by Del Rio and made it to the ropes or got out of the hold and not tapped out? WWE should play it up more.

Stone Cold was champion six times, he was champ plenty, though I do understand what you're saying. Still, saying that John Cena can't be the one to challenge the powers that be is just foolish. You're assuming that Cena is stuck playing the straight laced babyface, when he's already proven that he can play many different roles.

He can, but it makes no sense to switch him and Punk. You must understand this.

People want to see him be anti-establishment or the anti-Cena. Him fighting the system is what the whole thing has been about. Once he beats management or whoever got Nash to beat him up, theoretically if it is Triple H or somebody who is a higher up, then he will be on his way to a WWE Championship. He would be a hypocrite if he let that go and go the "status quo" route.

Punk go the "status quo" route? Since when is being the WWE Champ the status quo? In Punk's world, John Cena as champ is the status quo. In fact, I reckon he'd be more of a hypocrite to give Triple H and crew the satisfaction of letting the WWE Championship ripped away from him without scratching and clawing his way back into the title picture. Besides, what better way to stick it to the man by winning the title back from the guy they set up to screw you?

I honestly don't think people care if Punk is anti-establishment or anti-Cena, they care if he's anti-mainstream wrestling. As long as he keeps insulting the guys who sign is paycheck, referencing the WWE's dark past, or mentioning his friends on television, people will cheer for him.

Quick question, has anyone ever been properly been put in the armbar by Del Rio and made it to the ropes or got out of the hold and not tapped out? WWE should play it up more.

Maybe they are trying to make it a powerful move and in real life if you are locked in a arm bar you tap... Quick!

In the classic sense, yes he had many reigns but as I recall only one of them was for any longer than a couple months and that was when he was heel following WM17. He'd hold it for a little while and get screwed by the system

I'm not assuming that, it's just apparent that at this point in his career no matter what Cena does there will always a large contingent that hate him. He's acknowledged it himself and he's right

God I love the Bella's are soo fucking hot.

And that Natty/Beth promo kinda sucked. <_< Just let Kelly find a way to shake her ass into Nikki's face at least once and it would be a good night for the Divas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back