• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE RAW 8/22/2011 -The Kliq, Conspiracys & More Twists Than Anywhere Else...Brother

Punk go the "status quo" route? Since when is being the WWE Champ the status quo? In Punk's world, John Cena as champ is the status quo. In fact, I reckon he'd be more of a hypocrite to give Triple H and crew the satisfaction of letting the WWE Championship ripped away from him without scratching and clawing his way back into the title picture. Besides, what better way to stick it to the man by winning the title back from the guy they set up to screw you?

I honestly don't think people care if Punk is anti-establishment or anti-Cena, they care if he's anti-mainstream wrestling. As long as he keeps insulting the guys who sign is paycheck, referencing the WWE's dark past, or mentioning his friends on television, people will cheer for him.

What is he going to reference these things while fighting Del Rio? That makes no sense. Honestly, Punk's only gripe with Del Rio is the "conspiracy".

He can, but it makes no sense to switch him and Punk. You must understand this.

It makes some sense, more in terms of cold hard reality than in terms of kayfabe. Cena has done the championship feud before, so the WWE will stick him in a fresher feud. Punk is pretty much a brand new face to the title scene, and sticking the belt on him and having him defend it at WrestleMania will cement him as a staple in the WWE Title scene no matter which show he's on and no matter who else is in the championship scene.

I think Eve just used Miz's neckbreaker.

Eve isnt that good looking

She's alright.

They should put her with Del Rio now that I think about it. She's a Jiu-Jitsu practitioner and Latina... perfect manager for Del Rio if she can play a bitch properly.

And bless WWE for trying to make Kelly Kelly legit, but this shit is laughable.

Is it just me or does Nash have the goofiest walk? To me he just comes off trying so hard to be arrogant.

It makes some sense, more in terms of cold hard reality than in terms of kayfabe. Cena has done the championship feud before, so the WWE will stick him in a fresher feud. Punk is pretty much a brand new face to the title scene, and sticking the belt on him and having him defend it at WrestleMania will cement him as a staple in the WWE Title scene no matter which show he's on and no matter who else is in the championship scene.

You know that I would love nothing but that. It just doesn't make sense in terms of kayfabe, which is still used a little bit. Punk still needs to have a big villain or something to face before he is truly completely over. Cena got it started, now it's on Punk, if they go that route.

Beth looked great.

You know what's sad, if WWE had a divas tag division they would have more established tag teams (Kelly/Eve AJ/Kaitlyn Natalya/Beth Bella Twins) than the men's (Usos nexus)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back