• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA GSD for April: The Countdown to GSP Beating a Dead Horse

I'm way to big of a Fedor fan, and even I don't want to see him in the Ufc. I'm sorry Fedor, but you need to retire while you still have some sort of a name to yourself. No shame in going out right now, take this last fight and retire. I will miss you, but I would much rather see some Fedor trained monsters fighting in the future.

I'm way to big of a Fedor fan, and even I don't want to see him in the Ufc. I'm sorry Fedor, but you need to retire while you still have some sort of a name to yourself. No shame in going out right now, take this last fight and retire. I will miss you, but I would much rather see some Fedor trained monsters fighting in the future.

Reality is if he drops to 205, and I think he can handle that weight pretty well, I think he'd be able to have a slight resurrection down there. He'd be stronger then most due to being a HW by nature and his striking and wrestling haven't gone anywhere, he's just gotten...lazy.

Jeez Fedor loses to two top Heavyweights, and suddenly he needs to retire. He got outclassed by a guy who is 40-50 pounds heavier than him, and tapped by one of the best BJJ artists in the world and suddenly he is in danger of hurting his legacy? Holy fuck, it's not like he is even remotely close to Chuck Liddell, or Cro Cop status. He still has more than one fight left in him.

Yeah the Fedor needs to retire or Fedor is washed up bullshit is just that---bullshit. Dude loses twice for the first time in 10 years to two of the top HWs in the world, and he needs to retire? Fuck that silly noise. Losing to Bigfoot is no shame.

Yeah the Fedor needs to retire or Fedor is washed up bullshit is just that---bullshit. Dude loses twice for the first time in 10 years to two of the top HWs in the world, and he needs to retire? Fuck that silly noise. Losing to Bigfoot is no shame.

Exactly. MMA is not like boxing where you go undefeated or 43-1 etc, even though it is still a young sport i would bet my life saving that 50 years from now when all of us in this thread are pissing our pants on a daily basis and yelling arse randomly throughout our daily lives that MMA ATG will still have records like 34-5, its just the nature of the sport. Fedor is far from finished.

Losing to Bigfoot is no shame if your his size. Add to the fact that Fedor is 40-50 pounds lighter than him, and considerably shorter and there is so shame at all. Fact is Heavyweight fighters aren't the same as they were in 2006. Back then they were either small and talented, or big and untalented. Now they are combining the two and it's overwhelming Fedor who is still a very small Heavyweight. His chin is still there, and maybe his reflexes have lost a little but he can still compete with the very best at either weight class.

It's not necessarily M-1 that Dana doesn't want to deal with, it's one man in M-1; Vadim Finkelstein. He's an absolute disgrace to MMA and the worst thing Fedor ever did was allow that man to run his ship like he has lately.

Challengers was a very fun show. Larkins gonna be a problem for a lot of people at 205. Guy seems to be Manhoef with good TDD.

Vadim is a huge douche, you should see the demands he wants from Dana for Fedor. The smartest thing Mousasi ever did was leave M-1. Props to him.

Yea thank fucking god Mousasi left. If only Fedor would have been that smart. There isn't a personality I hate more in MMA than Vadim, and M-1 only because they go hand in hand.

I think Imada was out while standing.

Lol same thing I said in the Bellator thread in the MMA section, that was the sickest Muay Thai knee I've ever seen, dude was clearly out as soon as it hit him, you could see it when he couldn't even get his footing straight after that. The punch afterwards was just the exclamation point because that fight was already over as soon as Imada got rocked with that knee.

That and the Saunders-Lee fight were great. Lee was a bloody mess and has a ton of heart. Main event was kind of lame though I thought, Alvarez didn't impress me at all. Otherwise good show, I'm digging Bellator.

So i just came across Alberto Del Rio fighting CroCop, how have i never even heard of this before lol.

Hans, Dave, I don't know how this is possible since I've mentioned Dos Caras Jr (Alberto Del Rio) fighting Cro Cop AND posted the video of the fight SEVERAL HUNDRED times.

I've known about that fight but haven't seen it. Any good? Was Dos Caras any good as an MMA fighter?

I made my first post in the MMA section ever today, but it wasn't about a match or a fighter or anything, it was about boxing vs. MMA. I like UFC and all, but I don't follow it too closely or know much about it.

Oh I did, check the MMA News and Tidbits section. Remember: that's the section you insisted we post things in and I made the argument that shit gets buried in there, this is why I made that argument

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back