Live Discussion - TNA 1/4/2010

This is off topic, but can AJ Styles prove to be a major threat to WWE? Hulk Hogan has been putting him over as of late, saying he wants to make him into a name as big as hogan or flair. can he succeed in doing so? does AJ have what it takes?

easily: Yes

So ladies and gentlemen... How does it feel knowing we're going to be watching two shows that'll be talked about years down the road? Like, shows that'll be published in memoirs and wrestling business retrospect books in 2020-2030? Like, people are going to be talking about January 4, 2010 for a long time, speaking of how tonight kicked so much ass and started a new "era?"

Cross-posted to the Raw LD

It is awesome that we get to help make wrestling history by watching TNA or WWE today. However, I hope TNA is ready for this jump. If not, this can hurt them a lot.

So ladies and gentlemen... How does it feel knowing we're going to be watching two shows that'll be talked about years down the road? Like, shows that'll be published in memoirs and wrestling business retrospect books in 2020-2030? Like, people are going to be talking about January 4, 2010 for a long time, speaking of how tonight kicked so much ass and started a new "era?"

See, the IWC isn't overhyping tonight at all.

I'm not watching TNA but I'll be in the LD to see what they have in store. And to the 13 guests. Why aren't you joining? JOIN.

Don't count on it NSL. On the off chance that I can actually get to watch this thing (anciant laptop I have stolen from my mother for the occasion - can barely type in real time) I'll be hopping up and down just as much as you for every supprise.

On that topic, asside from Vince Russo's blog I have read absolutly nothing about tonight and have no idea who is going to show up. I'm hoping to keep it that way.

It's confirmed according to someone who made the LD for Impact on the other forum I visit.

It was confirmed for Genesis, but not tonight.

Don't count on it NSL. On the off chance that I can actually get to watch this thing (anciant laptop I have stolen from my mother for the occasion - can barely type in real time) I'll be hopping up and down just as much as you for every supprise.

On that topic, asside from Vince Russo's blog I have read absolutly nothing about tonight and have no idea who is going to show up. I'm hoping to keep it that way.

I'll be 50/50 on this show, I think. For every good there's a bad, or at least that's what the rumors/reports will make you think.

Pregaming with UFC on Spike.

I've seen this Liddell/Babalu fight about 20 times now and it's still awesome, and the last last fight where Chuck Liddell was actually Chuck Liddell and not the mumbling punchdrunk shell of a man that he once was now.

So I don't watch much TNA but I know who people are. Will somebody catch me up on stuff, without spoilers?

So I don't watch much TNA but I know who people are. Will somebody catch me up on stuff, without spoilers?

There's not much to catch up on. Everything wrapped up at Final Resolution. This is a fresh start, basically.

I think I've hyped myself enough that unless the show is totally horrible, I'll be able to overlook quite a lot.
At the end of the day, I'm a jingoist like everyone else, I'm just a lot better at rationalising it.

I think I've hyped myself enough that unless the show is totally horrible, I'll be able to overlook quite a lot.
At the end of the day, I'm a jingoist like everyone else, I'm just a lot better at rationalising it.

Same here. I'll be able to handle a lot of it, but I'm ready for the worst...

I'm excited about the show. The only thing that would kill it for me is if they got rid of the 6 sided ring. That is the only conceivable thing that could make me change the channel. I don't even plan to flip between commercials

I'm excited about the show. The only thing that would kill it for me is if they got rid of the 6 sided ring. That is the only conceivable thing that could make me change the channel. I don't even plan to flip between commercials

The 6 sided ring is what seems to turn a lot of people off of TNA.

A couple of my friends think it's trying to rip off the UFC by doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back