• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Victory Road LD

Booker was just like Rock. If you don't see that, you're not paying attention. Hell they even had the same finisher and overdone theatrics. Throw in the whole catchphrase to start the music and the People's Champ thing and how is this even debatable?

That's not what I'm debating – I'm debating the idea that Pope is a "Booker" tribute, when it's obvious he's channeling the original – The Rock – in almost all of his character facets.

That's not what I'm debating – I'm debating the idea that Pope is a "Booker" tribute, when it's obvious he's channeling the original – The Rock – in almost all of his character facets.

Ah that makes more sense. I hoped you were smarter than that. And there's more of Slick in him than Rock. There's some Johnson in him though.

So the dark match was Jarrett vs. Wolfe.

Guess who lost.

In Angle's last interview (can't remember who it was with), he noted that Wolfe was out-wrestling a number of his opponents early on, which is why he said he thought TNA cut the legs out from under his push. He said he didn't agree with the idea that they should cut his push, but Wolfe did need to learn to make his opponents look good, too.

Oh don't get me wrong, I agree that Pope is attempting to channel The Rock. Except, he comes off more like Booker T than he does The Rock. Which isn't bad, because no one can match The Rock's charisma.

Thought.... What if Kurt had to fight someone on the list twice? Does that mean a bye for Angle?

Are you really trying to compare Pope who, while over, is really just an upper mid-carder in the #2 company to The Rock, who very well may be the most over wrestler in the history of wrestling?

EDIT: yeah, you explained yourself before I posted this.

Hopefully RVD wins here.

You know, I really hate this stupid Power Point presentation "Tale of the Tape" bullshit TNA does for every fucking match. It's so corny. Run me the history, that's fine, but present it like a professional wrestling company, not like I'm at some god damn corporate meeting.

wow, I can't believe it took me 2 hours to notice it, but they took down the pilars from the Ultimate X Match. I didn't think they did that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back