• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Victory Road LD

They're really pushing him as a new Rock-type, especially with that "Pope Is Pimpin!" addition to his music.

I think a Booker T impersonation is more accurate.

You know, another guy who's catchphrase is in front of the music, and is the "People's Champion." But that wasn't a rip off of the Rock, oh no.

This match needs 20+ minutes.
Then the Main Event gets about 15 minutes. Actually, this match should be less then 15 minutes.
Yeah it is. Damn stupid that Pac Man Jones has been a tag team champion and now these two just now are.
:lol::lol::lol: But he was AWESOME! HE made it rain, and wasn't aloud to have any physical contact!

And why would Angle walk away from TNA if he loses 1 match?

Oh god, I hated that! I hated Truth enough as it is, and to see him bring that loser in and actually win... ugh.

Yeah. But hey, they got on some minor news network by having a guy that was involved in a shooting and a bunch of other shit on their roster as a champion and therefore a representative of the compan.

I think a Booker T impersonation is more accurate.

You know, another guy who's catchphrase is in front of the music, and is the "People's Champion." But that wasn't a rip off of the Rock, oh no.

Booker never worked the mic the way Pope does, though – with the numerous catch-phrases. When you add in that fact, it's more Rock-esque than it is Booker-esque.

Does anyone else still find it funny that Taz was Angle's first loss in wrestling? Kinda interesting, in some way

Booker never worked the mic the way Pope does, though – with the numerous catch-phrases. When you add in that fact, it's more Rock-esque than it is Booker-esque.

You're right....

I guess I should learn; Don't hate the playa, hate the game! And while I'm at it, I should really save the drama for my mama! And while I'm at it, I better just sit down and enjoy the "Spinerooni, Spinerooni, Spinerooni!" Now I can dig that..... Sucka!!!!!

.... You were saying?

Booker was a Rock rip-off, period. Pope is a combination of Slick and Rock, but it doesn't make much sense and he's not as talented and TNA botched the hell out of his push but whatever.

So, instead of building a feud, these two are fighting because Pope has a number next to his name. Got it.

Atleast Angle put up something, cause then it would just feel flat.

Angle wins, he advances. Pope wins, so what, Angle still has a higher number and can come back and try again.

It makes things obvoius but hey, it's something.

You're right....

I guess I should learn; Don't hate the playa, hate the game! And while I'm at it, I should really save the drama for my mama! And while I'm at it, I better just sit down and enjoy the "Spinerooni, Spinerooni, Spinerooni!" Now I can dig that..... Sucka!!!!!

.... You were saying?

Not the same. Booker's catch-phrases weren't done in that Flair style the way the Rock's were, and now how Pope's are. I understand that it's moderately like Booker, but who models themselves after a remake anyway?

That's like building a car from scratch and saying you designed it to look like a Nissan Altima, when the Altima was designed to look like an Acura – you design your car to look like an Acura. The Altima just so happened to exist, as well.

Not the same. Booker's catch-phrases weren't done in that Flair style the way the Rock's were, and now how Pope's are. I understand that it's moderately like Booker, but who models themselves after a remake anyway?

That's like building a car from scratch and saying you designed it to look like a Nissan Altima, when the Altima was designed to look like an Acura – you design your car to look like an Acura. The Altima just so happened to exist, as well.

The problem was, Booker didn't have the charisma of either the names you said. Trust me, I've been watching Vinnie Ru's stint in WCW preparing for my JTMFTG induction Tuesday... His catchphraqses were there, but he just didn't have the same style of charisma to pull them off

Booker was just like Rock. If you don't see that, you're not paying attention. Hell they even had the same finisher and overdone theatrics. Throw in the whole catchphrase to start the music and the People's Champ thing and how is this even debatable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back