• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA iMPACT! LD: Crucial Crew Not Included

saying Sting as champ is only OMG!TITLE CHANGE! is laughable.

Please explain this statement. And try to do it without sucking off of Gelgarin's intelligence and just repeating everything he says like you do every week in here.

....Did you just fucking call us pedophiles for not liking the show tonight?

No I called you pedophiles because of the continuous infatuation with age including an extreme preference for the younger variety. Of course I meant it very seriously and it is hardly the first time i have made the remark.

The only way I'd be okay with this is if going forward they have Sting drop the title to a younger guy and put him over huge, like they did with AJ Styles.

when they need to desperately begin working on building young stars.

Twice in this post alone.

This idea that you need to push a million young guys at the expense of those with an established audience is a crock of shit. These unestablished young guys do not draw a dime mainstream. Why would you supersaturate your product with them?

Really? you're comparing a guy who's 33 yrs. old and in the prime of his career to a guy who is 51 yrs. old and has seen his best days past him by years ago

And seriously why the fuck do you seem to always get so fucking butt hurt whenever anybody criticizes TNA at all, dude it's been happening every fucking week for years now, you'd figure you get used to it by now and just shake it off and move on with your pitiful existence, fuck sake it's not like anybody is insulting your child or something

No I called you pedophiles because of the continuous infatuation with age including an extreme preference for the younger variety. Of course I meant it very seriously and it is hardly the first time i have made the remark.

This idea that you need to push a million young guys at the expense of those with an established audience is a crock of shit. These unestablished young guys do not draw a dime mainstream. Why would you supersaturate your product with them?
Unestablished young guys?

Kaz, Anderson, Styles, Joe, Pope, Morgan. Need I go on?

All of these "established stars".......how do you think they get established? SOMEONE PUT THEM OVER!!! You have to do that eventually or you are left with aging stars that can no longer put on good matches. They become nostalgia acts and nothing more. This is what happened with WCW as they were unable to put their younger guys over, so when they needed new main eventers, there was no one left. The same thing is happening here.

WCW ran into a lot of problems because of this. History is repeating itself. Not only that, this was a WCW tactic tonight with the quick TV championship switch for ratings. Difference being that in WCW, doing so up until 1999 GOT ratings even at the expense of PPV buys. Nowadays those short term TV boosts aren't going to do much.

Bottom line is that you have to have a balance of established stars (that are still young enough to put on entertaining matches) and up and comers that build themselves up to the levels of the main event. Without the latter, you will have nothing when those established stars leave.

BTW can't wait for Flair and Hogan to have one more last run with the belt as well, they've done so much for TNA and really deserve a title run as a way to say thank you:rolleyes:

Cool way to totally try to take what I said out of context when I fucking said in that very post you just quoted that I take back what I said about ONE of Sting's last title reigns.

But, you know, you'd actually have to have read my post and understand it like a normal human being instead of just trying to skew what I say so you can continue this argument.

Lrn2context bro. :thumbsup:

Unestablished young guys?

Kaz, Anderson, Styles, Joe, Pope, Morgan. Need I go on?

Isn't that enough? Where is the wrestling bible that says you have to shove them all in the main event immediately as well?

Cena-sting was not a comparison of anything except the idea of needing a title. It is a stupid idea which is why it is a PURPOSELY stupid comparison.

The OMG thing is only true if no one cares about anything other than the shock factor. That is obviously false. It could not be more obvious that Sting still has his fans and can draw significant interest. Using that when his name is hot is a smart thing to do.

Gelgarin has been back a month X. Feel free to move on to your next fallacy. Probably the most annoying thing about being a TNA fan is that people act like it is impossible for even two people to not hate something or even like it for the same seemingly obvious reasons.

"No way has a negative effect on the company"...and you would know this, how exactly? You can predict the future now?

Err... yes?

As for what they'll get out of it, I believe I already said. A couple of months of entertaining television for people who like Sting, which since TNA markets itself on nostalgia is pretty much the target demographic.

Building new stars, marking the titles matter and all that jazz are far from critical in the modern era, they're just things for people on the internet to get angry about. What matters is consistently putting out a product that your audience enjoys, that's where the money is.

As I said, judging from TNA's target demos, the way the promotion markets itself, and the fact that a bunch of people who have a solid idea what they're doing decided to go this way, it hardly seems a massive stretch of the imagination to conclude that TNA's target audience (read: probably not you) will enjoy seeing Sting again.

But if you don't start getting them into the mainstream now, you won't have time. It takes time for somebody to grow on you a lot of times (Drew, anyone?) so you have to allow time for the growth process. If you don't, then you end up w/a clusterfuck of people who have not been presented to the audience in a big enough light to go over as MEers and as such will lose some of said audience.

That's why WWE is doing it now, while they still have some bigger "mainstream" names. And who woulda thunk Miz would be in the ME at this point, or even Del Rio for that matter?

They're making them relevant. Which is what TNA needs to do w/their guys before their time is come and gone too and you have a bunch of Gunnar and Murphy's running around w/no fanbase or viewer interest.

How are they not doing it with AJ and maybe even Anderson right now Hitman?

Throwing a bunch of shit at the wall and hoping something sticks is WWEs approach out of necessity. Traditionally you pick one or two guys and actually give them a real sustained push and stick with it. Seems to me TNA is doing fine by that standard which worked for a long time. Also, using the title as a crutch for the young guys is one of WWEs accelerated timeclock ideas. Anderson was not sustained in his title run but he is clearly in that main event tier because TNA took the time to develop one. When people go in and out too much it is either title or midcard which is part of WWEs problem now and was TNAs old problem IMO.

Anderson is on the Lockdown poster with the caption "It's My Time". Let the speculation begin.

Not that it means anything, but IF Sting is still holding the title till LD, and Sting loses it to Anderson, will Sting's reign still be pointless?

And yes, I would rather have it be Styles/Hardy at LD, but that will likely never happen :(

Great comment from 411 (paraphrased):

So at Wrestlemania, the 37 year old Edge will defend against the 33 year old Alberto Del Rio. Also the 30 year old Miz will defend against the 33 year old John Cena. On TNA, the 33 year old potential convicted felon just dropped the title to the often injured over the hill guy in his first appearance in four months.

And WWE only pushes old guys right?

Anderson is on the Lockdown poster with the caption "It's My Time". Let the speculation begin.

Not that it means anything, but IF Sting is still holding the title till LD, and Sting loses it to Anderson, will Sting's reign still be pointless?

And yes, I would rather have it be Styles/Hardy at LD, but that will likely never happen :(

So would I since I might be at Lockdown and have never actually seen Jeff wrestle.

I have half a mind to red rep you right now.

No one claims that anyway, do they?

Still worth pointing out the main draws are Rock, Taker, HHH and then Cena.

More like Rock (38), Cena (33), Orton (30), HHH (41) and Undertaker (45). Read as: younger than Flair (61), Hogan (57), Bischoff (55) and Sting (51). So in other words, the oldest of the top WWE draws is 6 years younger than the reigning TNA World Champion.

Got it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back