• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA iMPACT! LD: Crucial Crew Not Included

Sting > Your Favorite Wrestler.

I didn't watch, but I applaud TNA's decision to give Sting the belt.

...WHY?! Sting has already held the belt countless times, that fucker does NOT deserve OR need another title reign, for any reason, whatsoever. It's a slap in the face of the young guys who actually bust their ass to try and be elevated in this company, only for Sting to show up every 8 months like the Undertaker and everyone has to DROP EVERYTHING and give Sting the world title because, hey, he's another middle-aged far past his-prime star of the 90s! And that's what TNA is all about now. Not the X-Divison, or the Knockouts, or great wrestling, or an alternative to the WWE. They're just a place for old fucks to cash another paycheck while the young guys continue to toil away like this was WCW circa 1999.

I know you're a Sting mark bro, but him winning the title is just stupid in every way.

How many people were fapping to the mere unlikely possibility of him headlining wrestlemania not a week ago? Fuckin case study in the bullshit double standards.

1. It wouldn't have been for the title.
2. It isn't shocking when he just left TNA this fall.
3. Sting showing up in WWE is a novelty deal. It's never happened, he was a huge star, etc.

You're comparing apples and oranges, and you know it.

EDIT: I meant WWE originally, changed it.

I enjoyed the hell out of the weddings tonight, and Eric Young was delightful. That hardly makes up for the terrible wrestling and the inexplicable involvement of Bart Scott, but the wedding were great.

I am not saying it is a perfectly equal comparison but it is worth pointing out the streak is more prestigious than any title WWE has right now. I am addressing the people saying Sting is old and should not even be wrestling. The desire to see him is obviously still there. He can still work at a good enough level. WTF is the problem? Oh right all that "experience" you have booking a prowrestling company says this is "wrong."

Honestly, I could care less if Sting came to the E to wrestle. I just wanted the epic DVD of his real career to come out. It's been put off for too long.

...WHY?! Sting has already held the belt countless times, that fucker does NOT deserve OR need another title reign, for any reason, whatsoever. It's a slap in the face of the young guys who actually bust their ass to try and be elevated in this company, only for Sting to show up every 8 months like the Undertaker and everyone has to DROP EVERYTHING and give Sting the world title because, hey, he's another middle-aged far past his-prime star of the 90s! And that's what TNA is all about now. Not the X-Divison, or the Knockouts, or great wrestling, or an alternative to the WWE. They're just a place for old fucks to cash another paycheck while the young guys continue to toil away like this was WCW circa 1999.

I know you're a Sting mark bro, but him winning the title is just stupid in every way.

I see where you're coming from, but as you said... I'm a Sting mark through and through. I just don't have a problem with him receiving one more run, especially during a time where he's been more hyped than he has in years with the rumors about 'Taker/Mania.

TNA's World Title is worthless at this point, anyway, so does it even really matter?

Sting is over 50 and doesn't need the title or the rub.

There are plenty of younger stars who needed it more than Sting.

Oh right all that "experience" you have booking a prowrestling company says this is "wrong."

Actually:

A) The mediocre crowd reaction
B) The mediocre match
C) The fact that it was on free TV
and
D) The fact that it was a 7 minute match

all says it's wrong.

They couldn't have done it more wrong if they tried.

Will people quit throwing are need and doesn't need like it is some fact instead of your bullshit worthless opinion?

Cena never needs another title but to not give him one would be moronic. Get a new argument you pedophiles.

WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT WWE!!!!!!!!!!

you do this every fucking time anyone brings up anything negative about TNA.

Sting holding the belt will in no way have a negative effect on the company and will be highly enjoyable for people who like Sting. Y'all can try and analysis it further if you like, but that's the long and the short of it.

THERE IS NOTHING ILLEGAL ABOUT PROVING IGNORANCE WITH ANALOGIES!!!!

Gelagrin summed it up perfectly. Play fantasy booker all you want. If you do not understand he is right then your fantasy company would never make it anywhere.

X, it has been almost 2 years since sting held the title.

Yep, and it accomplished nothing last time as well. Just like the one before it. The only time anyone ever really cared or it accomplished anything was when he won his first title back when it was the NWA World title. People actually WANTED to see that and loved it, and it really provided a spark for the company that really improved them for the next few years. Man 2004-2006 TNA was one of my favorite periods for any wrestling promotion, ever, and Sting helped get that off the ground. But now? What does this do for anyone besides Sting? You make Hardy look like shit, you keep keep ignoring Anderson after his joke of a title reign, and you do nothing for the company outside of "OMG! TITLE CHANGE!" excitement that lasts about a week. This is one of Vince Russo's favorite moves, and it got old years ago.

God how this company has fallen. From putting on some of the best PPVs of the year in the fall of 2009 to utter crap in less than a year. It saddens me greatly.

Anderson not getting his shot is part of the storyline. You can smark out all you want, saying Sting as champ is only OMG!TITLE CHANGE! is laughable.

Will people quit throwing are need and doesn't need like it is some fact instead of your bullshit worthless opinion?

Cena never needs another title but to not give him one would be moronic. Get a new argument you pedophiles.

....Did you just fucking call us pedophiles for not liking the show tonight? I'm tempted to infract you for that honestly man. Don't say shit like that outside of the cage.

Sting holding the belt will in no way have a negative effect on the company and will be highly enjoyable for people who like Sting. Y'all can try and analysis it further if you like, but that's the long and the short of it.

"No way has a negative effect on the company"...and you would know this, how exactly? You can predict the future now? It's nice for some Sting marks, true. But it does nothing positive for them, their business, or their angles presently and I don't see how it's going to be anything then yet ANOTHER Sting nostalgia run. The only way I'd be okay with this is if going forward they have Sting drop the title to a younger guy and put him over huge, like they did with AJ Styles. So actually I take back what I said about none of Sting's last few reigns accomplishing anything, he gave a nice rub to Styles when he won the belt but that all went to shit when Styles became Flair's lackey in 2010.

Gelagrin summed it up perfectly. Play fantasy booker all you want. If you do not understand he is right then your fantasy company would never make it anywhere.

Again, how is this good for business? And what about not wanting to put the belt back on Sting exactly would make our "fantasy company" fail? TNA did pretty fucking well in 2010 business wise with barely any Sting involvement at all. TNA doesn't need Sting. They shouldn't be wasting their time giving him another title reign when they need to desperately begin working on building young stars. Believe it or not guys like Styles, Jeff, Joe and others are starting to get old, and outside of the Pope and maybe Matt Morgan, there's pretty much NO ONE who looks like they can step up and become major parts of the company in the coming years. That is a problem.

OK lets talk about your analogy then.

Sting is over 50 and in no way shape or form needs his 15,000 world title when they have story lines now on the back burner so they could give the live audience something to see. I never thought I'd say this but I disagree with Gel on the fact this doesn't hurt TNA. I love Sting but giving him the title and shoving Anderson to the back is bad for TNA and the fans. They don't need Sting as Champion and the only reason they gave it to him (IMO) was as a thank you for not going to WWE.

Cena is the biggest Star in the WWE and sells Millions in ticket sales, Merch & PPV buys. Unlike Sting he has a good 15-20 years left in him if not more so of course they're gonna give him the title (Which in case you didn't realize he hasn't held in quite a while). As we all know Vince loves his money and Cena makes him a shit load of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back