TNA iMPACT! LD for 02.03.11

That wasn't bad. The promo was quite good, there are quite a few things that could do with addressing though. In the circumstances I'm not disappointed, and it looks like AJ might get a couple of high profile feuds again.

My fucking gods A.J.'s mic work has improved tremendously. I sense actual emotion.

The be frank, AJ's mic work has been at least solid for years. Given that TNA has kept him under the more or less constant tutelage of Christian, Angle, Sting and Flair (four promo masters) he has no right not to be this good by now.

That wasn't bad. The promo was quite good, there are quite a few things that could do with addressing though. In the circumstances I'm not disappointed, and it looks like AJ might get a couple of high profile feuds again.

Which is what Styles needs.

The be frank, AJ's mic work has been at least solid for years. Given that TNA has kept him under the more or less constant tutelage of Christian, Angle, Sting and Flair (four promo masters) he has no right not to be this good by now.

Yes, but he never felt believable when he spoke (generally), just another soundbite that sounds good but doesn't really have any depth. That felt like he did.

Since when did AJ get so good on the mic? I could actually sense some emotion from him, for the first time ever.

For a fallback position, a shift on the fly, this actually did not play out too badly. Not sure where Flair will fit into it all.

I don't think Styles needs anything. He's one of those guys who has achieved a level of overness with the fan base that they can pretty much do whatever the hell they want with him.

He can play a comedy character like Prince AJ or spend six months jobbing to midcarders and the second he gets a push everyone will instantly accept it and get behind him.

Since when did AJ get so good on the mic? I could actually sense some emotion from him, for the first time ever.

For a fallback position, a shift on the fly, this actually did not play out too badly. Not sure where Flair will fit into it all.

Been this good for more than a year, dude.

I still hold up Styles's retirement promo with Sting leading up to their Bound for Glory match as one of the greatest pro-wrestling segments of this generation.

I don't think Styles needs anything. He's one of those guys who has achieved a level of overness with the fan base that they can pretty much do whatever the hell they want with him.

He can play a comedy character like Prince AJ or spend six months jobbing to midcarders and the second he gets a push everyone will instantly accept it and get behind him.

The Jericho of TNA in a sense.

Good show tonight.

Mr. Anderson just annoys the piss out of me. Hopefully with this face turn AJ can get another run with the title.

I guess most of you were too busy bitching about his won-loss record in scripted matches to see the improvement in his promo/character skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back