The 'Ask A Question' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure it was ended simply because Vince got tired of it. In I believe it was 2002 when there was the brilliant move of consolidating all the titles, he just dropped the Hardcore and European titles, and I'm assuming he just didn't see the need for both the title and the division. I don't think an official reason was ever given though.

Why was the hardcore championship ended?

While I'm not sure the "official" reason, Klunder was correct. In 2002 Eric Bischoff played out a storyline in which he wanted the Championships to mean something again.

So building up to No Mercy, he had Champion v. Champion matches, in which the winning Champion took the other belt and retired it. Tommy Dreamer was the last "official" Hardcore Champion, as he lost to the then Intercontinental Champion, Rob Van Dam. (on 8/26/02)

If you look at the W.W.E. History, you'll see the title became utter shit and changed hands multiple times without the same date. When a Championship changes hands, its suppose to mean something. When the Hardcore Title went to 24/7 rules, while it was unique, it destroyed the legacy (if there ever was one) that the title had.

Further Note: ALL Single's (male) Championships on Raw (Hardcore, European and even the Intercontinental) would be merged into the World Heavyweight Championship.. until 2003, when Steve Austin brought back the Intercontinental Championship.

Did WWE have Any connection or cross branded titles with New Japan at any point?

Did WWE have Any connection or cross branded titles with New Japan at any point?

(According to Wiki)

Defunct championships

WWF Canadian Championship (1985-1986)
WWF International Heavyweight Championship (1959-1963, 1982-1985)
WWF Junior Heavyweight Championship (1967-1985)
WWF International Tag Team Championship (1969-1985)
WWF World Martial Arts Heavyweight Championship (1978-1985)
WWF North American Heavyweight Championship (1979-1981)

While I don't think they had any Championship connections to New Japan, the closest I've ever known them to come was their Light Heavyweight Championship in which they brought over a bunch of Mexican and Japanese wrestlers to compete for it.

I sincerely apologize that my comment offended, I hear the name Lex Luger and it makes me sick to my stomach,hence the post. This was clearly an inappropriate place to vent

10751-hassan160.jpg

Hey, I was just listening to Voice of Wrestling and they had "Daivari" as a quest, and they started talking about Hassan and other stuff too. They didn't mention why did Mohammed Hassan leave from WWE, was it some kind of an incident somewhere or what? I just like to know, cause I didn't follow WWE much at the time, exept saw him wrestle couple of times and thought he was very good and had potential. If someone can light this thing for me. And what was your opinion about him?

Well, I believe he was in a high profile feud with Undertaker round about the time the London bombings took place.
WWE was accused of promoting terrorism or something, and he was cut from T.V
After the Deadman destroyed him he was never seen in WWE ever again.
I think he runs his own gym in California nowadays.

I could be wrong... but without checking, thats what I know.

They mentioned something about London but didn't really mention what, that just might be it. But as far as terrorism, heh, Hassan was still just a character in WWE. And if because of that, the WWE would be supporting terrorism, man that's just some bs.

Yeah, thats exactly what i thaught.
It was just bad timing on WWE's part. The bombings took place on the exact day the tapings were gonna be shown on TV, and I think they did an angle where Hassan "sacrificed" Daivari and then carried him off like a hero when he was KOed.

Shame really, I actually liked the guy.

I was a lil kid when he was around and hated him but as I get older I realize what a great character he was.He had great potential.He was a great worker.WWE should kept him around and gave him a different gimmick and kept him around.He was a great wrestler.

Angle with the terrorists and Daivari being carried off as a martyr was aired by WWE despite the network advising not to show it. As a result, network wanted Hassan off the air so he was 'destroyed' by Undertaker and never seen on television again. I think I read though that he could come back some time in the future.
He left because his character had an 'insensitive' storyline and WWE wouldn't cut it so he had to leave or risk a backlash. Shame, because he was good in his character

Like others have said, it had to do with the London bombings and a really controversial angle with the Undertaker on Smackdown. Daivari was beaten by the Undertaker, then Hassan came out with 5 masked men armed with piano wire and clubs (terrorists) and choked out Undertaker. Then Daivari was lifted out like a martyr. There so much negative media coverage on this segment that UPN demanded that Hassan be removed from TV. Hence, he was "destroyed" by the Undertaker.

It's really a shame though. He was brilliant on the mic and in the ring. His promos were amazing. It's rare to find such talent in a newcomer. I hope WWE decides to bring him back in the future.

The london bombings were not the cause of Hassan being let go. Yes it got bad media but wasent what did Hassen in. What did it was Hassen begain to get a big ego back stage and was treating wrestlers and staff like they were under him since he was getting a big push. After being warned more then ounce to shape up wwe couldent take no more and released him. But Davari was one the more liked wrestlers back stage so when they let Hassen ago alot of wrestlers with pull stepped up for him to stay on the wwe roster instead of being sent down to ohio are to be released. Thats how he got the Great Kahli manger role. Hassan is now a fitness trainer in miami

The london bombings were not the cause of Hassan being let go. Yes it got bad media but wasent what did Hassen in. What did it was Hassen begain to get a big ego back stage and was treating wrestlers and staff like they were under him since he was getting a big push. After being warned more then ounce to shape up wwe couldent take no more and released him. But Davari was one the more liked wrestlers back stage so when they let Hassen ago alot of wrestlers with pull stepped up for him to stay on the wwe roster instead of being sent down to ohio are to be released. Thats how he got the Great Kahli manger role. Hassan is now a fitness trainer in miami

Where on earth did you get this information? While I can't say its true or untrue, this is the first time I've ever heard that Hassan's release was due to him being "snobbish." Which, to my knowledge is completely untrue.

First, the London Bombings and the issues regarding terrorists using telephone wire or something of that nature, followed by the Smackdown episode that had already been taped prior made it look as if the W.W.E. was mocking the situation, when (with exception of not airing the segment which they should've done) they had no way to really prevent it from happening.

Hassan, to my knowledge, never wanted to be a big-time wrestler in the first place. His passion was for acting and a movie role type career. I have no clue how he got into Professional Wrestling, but to my knowledge again they offered to recontruct his gimmick and he opted to just ask for his release so he could follow his passion in the movie industry.

Davari stayed on because wrestling WAS what he wanted to do. And as you could obviously see, his gimmick was NOT altered, so it had nothing to do with people threatening them to stop the gimmick. They merely moved Davari off of the public television network (Smackdown on fox and cw and whatever else) and put him on Raw w/ Kurt Angle.

I heard Finlay was a the former trainer for the women's division.

Can you name some women wrestlers he has trained?
Is he still in that role?
If not Who is in that role now?

He trained Trish, Stacy Kiebler, Torrie and others from around that era. I don't know if he still does it. I suspect not as he's active on the roster. From the looks of Ashley, Cherry, Maryse and others I'm guessing he wasn't replaced. Certainly not with somebody good.

I have a question -

When did HHH start his "King of Kings" phase - when he started coming out in that bad-ass crown? There's parts of his titantron where he's wearing it, so I was just wondering when he started doing that.

It was a little bit before his Wrestlemania 22 match with John Cena. He basically thought it would be different to come out with a new nickname. Just like when he called himself The Game and the fans caught on to it, he did the same with the King Of Kings. The Fans caught onto it and hes stuck with it.

HI, I'm fairly new to this forum. I would like to know why people say Triple H and the Undertaker can't work together??

HI, I'm fairly new to this forum. I would like to know why people say Triple H and the Undertaker can't work together??

Ok well I don't know the complete story here, I do know for a fact that both respect each other a great deal. Undertaker went as far to say that if he was starting up a Wrestling Promotion that after he inked down The Undertaker to a contract, the next guy he would sign would be Triple H.

With that being said I think it has more to do with backstage politics. Trips is notorious for it and The Undertaker also has Vince's ear too. They couldnt coexist in the same lockerroom because of politics. Taker would get way to upset and probably get into it with Triple H. Its a shame though. These guys work absurdly well with each other.

I hope that explains it. Don't quote me on it but that has got to be the best possible answer. If anyone knows anymore please add in on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back