Ask A Question Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapp

Getting Noticed By Management
If you have any questions in regards to WCW, Independent wrestling organizations, Backyard Wrestling, or anything else related to wrestling, but not WWE or ECW that doesn't lead to discussion then ask your questions here.

**PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC. DO NOT SPAM WHEN ANSWERING QUESTIONS. PROVIDE EXPLANATIONS FOR EVERYTHING, OTHERWISE RISK INFRACTION.**

AussieHobo said:
What Is ROH, And Does WWE Own it as well?

R.O.H. stands for Ring Of Honour. Its an Independent fed that was created in 2002.

WWE doesn't have anything too do with it.:wwf:

AussieHobo said:
What Is ROH, And Does WWE Own it as well?
It's really spelled "Ring Of Honor", but like ianhbk said, it's one of the most popular Independent promotions founded by Rob Feinstein in 2002, but Cary Silkin owns it now. ROH has some shows named Anniversary Show, Death Before Dishonor, Survival of the Fittest, Glory By Honor, and Final Battle. Some of the names that have worked for ROH are Samoa Joe, CM Punk, Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, Tony Mamaluke, Raven, etc...

If you're looking for a promotion that involves more wrestling, then I would watch "ROH". You won't be dissappointed. Samoa Joe and CM Punk had a 5 star match in ROH, which was the first 5 star rated match in the USA since 1997, but the match occured in 2004.

Thanks heaps, I had wondered what it was since its not showed in Aus and was frequently mentioned in forums I've gone to, I'll be sure to check it out, thanks.

AussieHobo said:
Thanks heaps, I had wondered what it was since its not showed in Aus and was frequently mentioned in forums I've gone to, I'll be sure to check it out, thanks.
Its not shown in the USA in that many areas either. I don't know if its because they don't want a tv deal or networks don't want to pick up their promotion, but they've had alot of good matches atleast the ones i've seen. I went to one of their "house shows" and I thought the wrestling was great. They do have some long matches, if thats what you want to see. Many matches have lasted over 60 minutes including the one that I mentioned in my previous post the "CM Punk vs Samoa Joe" match. If you do get into ROH, you'll be able to see what some of the talent in WWE used to do. Some of the talent wrestles different, than they did in ROH, but that comes along with gimmicks, wrestling promotions, etc... I suggest you check out "Bryan Danielson", if you never heard of him. If you like the Kurt Angle/Chris Benoit style with mat based moves, technical moves, submissions, etc... then like I said check out Bryan Danielson, because he wrestles similar to them.

How do wrestler take a fall from the turnbuckle right down onto their testicles? I have always wondered how they do this, is there a trick to it or do they just man up and take the pain. I know they don't wear cups because I read once where Lance Storm explained that would be dangerous.

How do wrestler take a fall from the turnbuckle right down onto their testicles? I have always wondered how they do this, is there a trick to it or do they just man up and take the pain. I know they don't wear cups because I read once where Lance Storm explained that would be dangerous.

I doubt anyone can give you an answer to this.. You'd have to ask a wrestler himself.. But the one time.. Back in the day when the WWF Magazine was around.. It asked HBK (since he was the one who took the most bumps like that) how they did that.. He said theres no way.. It actually hurts.. So thats my guess.. Either that or they have there you kno in like a different position but thats a whole different story.. I always thot they wore a cup?

jefferson411 said:

They usually cushon the fall by grabbing the ropes at the last second, but i'm in no doubt that they still land on their balls.

PauLwaLL said:
I doubt anyone can give you an answer to this.. You'd have to ask a wrestler himself.. But the one time.. Back in the day when the WWF Magazine was around.. It asked HBK (since he was the one who took the most bumps like that) how they did that.. He said theres no way.. It actually hurts.. So thats my guess.. Either that or they have there you kno in like a different position but thats a whole different story.. I always thot they wore a cup?

Yeah I posted it here because I thought maybe a trained wrestler would happen to look and be able to tell me. No they don't wear cups, you can go to Stormwrestling.com and look for the Q & A where he says that, I went to find it but he doesn't have a search option and the archive goes all the way back to 2004.

Edit: It is amazing what a few google searches can do (From Stormwrestling.com, Lance Storms site.

Q: A lot of wrestlers wear knee and wrist protection, but do wrestlers wear cups? I just watched one of my old ECW tapes and saw you and Credible with the cinderblock on Dreamer's junk.....ouch.
A: So many people ask this question and the answer in no we do not wear cup. If we wore a cup and took a hard bump face down we could drive the damn thing through our pelvis.

I am just wanting to see if there is any wrestling feds here in Louisville Kentucky that isnt too hardcre seeing as how I have kids and all but is free to join and wrestle. Dont have to be paying just something that would be good to get back in to. I used to be a hardcore Champion in Tennessee but, that was before I had kids. If you can think of anything then please feel free to let me know.

Mate im starting a fed in lincoln uk if anyone has got a hardcore daredevil style and can make it to my shows then pm me, you will be paid 35 quid a match to start up to 100 quid if you prove your worth

Im thinking of getting ring of honor Samoa Joe vol 2 from amazon, so can someone that has it please tell me if it is worth 15 bucks please?

I have been hearing alot about ROH. Can anybody help explain ROH. You know like matches or Roster. Anything?

Could someone tell me whatever happened to the BWF (British Wrestling Federation) I went to one of their shows at Hull City Hall about 5 years ago. They had people pretending to be WWF/WCW wrestlers. Probably long gone now though

ok lm new but when is the wrestlign radio on

the one with the guy named a 1000 names

is it in the radio?

myspace--www.myspace.com/punkd2493

Just wondering why Shelley is no longer particpating in ROH comepetition. I watch ROH regularly but completely missed the Shelley thing. And come to think about it, what the hell ever happened to The Embassy?!?!?!?! It seems nobody is left other than Rave.

What channel does ROH come on? What channel is TNA Explosion on? Does explosion have crappy TNA guys, or a completely different roster?

ok i need some help here. going back to the days of the nWo... they formed nWo japan right? what color was their shirt i can remember it was either a blue/black or a yellow/ black nWo. or i remember at least seeing those colors on a few nitro's

Can anybody sugest any good Straight Shootin' DVD's other than Jim Cornette one's?

"Straight Shootin' with CM Punk and Samoe Joe" is the best Straight Shootin' of the series. The Punk/Cabana one is pretty interesting if you are into them and their beginnings, but Punk/Joe is more ROH oriented. Both of them are awesome though.

Does anyone know if there is some wrestling shows near Whitby/Pickering/Oshawa , Ontario area? I'm sure there is but I don't know where they are.

Hey. Yeah. I am an upcoming wrestling star. Me and my tag team partner gary. uhm. I have over 15+ years in wrestling. mainly folkstyle and some free style wrestling. If anyone has some information regarding us to help us out and get our professional career underway. If anyone has a website or phone number or something, i would greatly appreciate it.

Ring of Honor is a promotion, that actually has wrestling...you won't recognize any of the wrestlers at first...from 07 atleast, but you get used to them. IMO it's better than WWE/TNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back