TNA Ask a Question Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many Knockouts have been Canadain? I know Angelina Love, Taylor Wilde, Gail Kim, and Traci Brooks. Any others?

Portia Perez had a tryout with TNA a few years back, wrestling in a dark match in December of 2008, but aside from the ones you listed, no, I can't remember any other Canadian knockouts being in TNA.

Hernandez is actually about to work a few months for the Mexican organization AAA. So BurntReality is correct - it was a work. Nice job on the commentators for selling it on a live show.

Where are the S.A.T? I remember flipping through my tv set years ago (had prepaid pay per views for some channels back then) and I came across this company called TNA. I remember watching and saw this amazing tag team of Jose and Joel and thought "Man, these guys could be something someday".

And then I move and lose the channels (i know, sad day) but I kept watching. And as I watched, and watched, I noticed that the Maximos were used less and less in the show, and then BAM! they were gone. I mean the Spanish Fly is literally the best tag team finisher in the world.

And to take my questioning even further, where is Elix Skipper? Wouldn't him and Christopher Daniels be such a great tag team right now?

I mean TNA had such a great division when it was the Maximos, Triple X, The Naturals, AMW, and even the Flying Elvises. I get that Jimmy Yang is a jobber in WWE, and Siaki is finished with wrestling for now, so the Flying Elvises can't make their return...

But that doesn't mean TNA can't go seek the S.A.T. at least. I mean damn, they were good. I personally wouldn't mind seeing them in a face stable with RVD... or even being reunited with Amazing Red.

Anyway, my main question is, what ever happened to the S.A.T.? Does anybody know where they're wrestling?

went looking after finding this thread..thanks to wikipedia this is what i found for those who don't know who he's talking about

The S.A.T. (Spanish Announce Team) are a professional wrestling tag team mostly seen in independent promotions that consists of brothers Jose Maximo (Julio Ramirez, born October 13, 1983) and Joel Maximo (Kelvin Ramirez, November 28, 1979) who were both born in Brooklyn, New York. The team is on occasion joined by their cousin; Amazing Red (Jonathan Figueroa).

Originally the brothers, who were both trained by Mike Awesome, wrestled under the name Los Maximos, and also competed as Six Point Four in Fighting World of Japan Pro Wrestling. The S.A.T. and Amazing Red wrestled for Combat Zone Wrestling, and Ring of Honor during the company's first two years, as well as being a part of Total Nonstop Action Wrestling when the promotion first appeared.

In November 2003, the two brothers and their cousin opened their own wrestling school in their hometown of Brooklyn.

The brothers, under the name S.A.T., have also made a few appearances in WWE Velocity shows, competing as jobbers in matches against the Basham Brothers and The Big Show.

They are currently working with Pro Wrestling Unplugged, feuding against All Money Is Legal.

I heard Elix skipper died do to gang related vilence. And for the meximos I don't know of so I can't help you.

I noticed that AJ Styles injured his hand on the 3/29/10 episode of Impact.

It appeared to me that he split his knuckle open when he delivered a low blow to Jarrett and accidentally hit Jarrett's guitar, but my friend said it looked like a compound fracture to his pinky. Anyway it looked pretty legit and painful.

Was this a legit injury? Are there any details of the exact injury? And am I correct in the timing of it? Is there any update on the seriousness of it?

Yes, I do believe it was a legit injury. I have heard that he just tore it open on one of the edges of the broken guitar, although the compound fracture is a new one. I also believe that the timing was off. I do not believe he will have to miss any time.

Are DVRed shows included in the ratings?

I'm not 100% sure of this, but I do not think they are. On the main page they have a headline about TNA's DVR ratings, and I read it to see if it would answer your question.

Wrestlezone said:
Much ado has been made by those within TNA to make sure fans DVR Impact on Monday nights if they plan on watching something else (like Monday Night Raw) as to ensure they don’t miss out on the latest developments in the soap opera that TNA storylines have become. The March 8th DVR ratings have now been revealed and contain a few surprises… The 3/8 edition of Impact featuring the in ring returns of Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair had 68,000 homes choose to DVR Impact, which equals out to a 7 % increase in the rating for that night, thus moving from a 0.98 to a 1.05

Since it says the rating went up after the DVR shows were counted in, I would assume that no, the DVR ratings are not included by default.

I have recently been to a taping of raw at the o2 in london and have also got tickets again for Raw at the o2 in November. I am also a fan of TNA and have been looking for the next UK event but have been unable to find any. Does anyone know if and when they will do a show in the UK next?

I'd say it'll be a while, probably next year or pretty late this year. As you'd imagine, it takes a fair amount of money to tour the UK and TNA simply doesn't have nearly the financial resources of the WWE.

They do it once a year in January, and tickets normally go on sale towards the end of the summer. WWE come over after Mania and after Survivor Series.

I've been to 3 TNA Shows (two at Wembley, one at a smaller community center (their first)) and 3 WWE Shows (2 Raw tapings and a Smackdown house show) and I have to say TNA have outperformed the hell out of them every single time. Because they've only been coming over for three years and only do it once a year they seem to take it much more seriously. That's why we got an non-televised Ultimate X and Ladder Match. That's why they did dives and took risks and gave us good, long matches.

WWE have been touring the UK for well over a decade and they come twice a year so I guess they don't see it as a big thing. The house show was abysmal and I know that they never put on effort at house shows, but I think that's pretty criminal to be honest, because you've shelled out as much money as the people who go to PPVs and TV Tapings, and they don't come to your city (or in this case country!) every week, so they should give you your full money's worth. What I saw from the WWE house show was definitely not worth half of what I paid for it. Meanwhile TNA has exceeded my expectations every time.

Sorry for the rant about WWE vs TNA in the UK... they'll be back in January.

Can someone tell me if TNA is going to be live on Thursdays.

As of this moment, no – they'll be returning to taping their episodes prior to airing them on Thursday nights, though the idea of going live again at some point isn't entirely off the table.

The first 30 to 45 minutes of the show would have clips of hogan and bischoff going to the airport because someone jumped shipped. Saying they now got all the major players or something to that degree. Then they turned around to go deal with Flair.

Did i miss the part when this person showed up or did it not happen. Who is the person that jumped ship.

I didn't even catch that, but if the WWE's 90-day no-compete clause was a factor in said "jumpers" contract, I'd imagine that wrestler would have to be someone who was recently released like Shelton Benjamin, Mickie James, Tommy Dreamer, Mike Knox, Paul Burchill, etc.

I'd never consider any of those names as a "major player", so unless it's something none of us expected or saw coming through any of the dirt sheet reports, sounds a little like much ado about nothing to me.

Since apparently no one in here can read, I'll say it again.

DO NOT USE THIS THREAD FOR DISCUSSION!

This thread is for concrete questions only, as in something that has a definitive answer. Do not do this again or there will be no warnings but rather straight infractions.

Since apparently no one in here can read, I'll say it again.

DO NOT USE THIS THREAD FOR DISCUSSION!

This thread is for concrete questions only, as in something that has a definitive answer. Do not do this again or there will be no warnings but rather straight infractions.

Why did I get a straight infraction then before I saw this?

I was just thinking today with all the rumors of Batista leaving the WWE wouldn't it be ill if Batista went to TNA? I think if he showed up with Miz and MVP that would be really interesting (yes i know its impossible right now i'm just saying) maybe even add Big Show to the mix so they're even more recognizeable. How do you guys think that would be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back