Ask A Question Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
what ever happened to him after wcw.... i know him and booker had a falling out over booker not pulling strings and getting into the wwe........ through tna's years you would of thought they would of brought him in at some point...anyone know whats happened with him

Well he was already semi-retired by the time WCW was about to close, if I remember correctly he even wrestled a retirement match against Scott Steiner. After WCW closed he wrestled a few indy appearances here and there before fully retiring and starting his own garage. Nowadays he works with his brother, Booker, on their promotion in Texas.

I've always heard it was because he lost definition in his legs after hurting his back and the chaps make it less obvious than tights would.

Do wrestlers call each other by their screen names off camera? I was watching something on youtube about the Monteal Scewjob and Bret called Shawn Michaels Shawn, I know his name is Michael and Brets wife called Triple H Hunter.

Well, I know that specifically Shawn goes by Shawn in real life, think he states it in his book even. I can see being called Hunter as more of a knonk, or even a nickname. I have heard Trips called Paul before. I think it is mostly real names backstage, from what I have seen.

Some Do. I guess it all depends on the person. Kurt angle used to call edge Edge all the time rather then Adam. I guess if the names catchy it remains as a nickname off camera. And HBK always hated being called michael.

Not really sure but my guess would be just for a fresh start and for a change of pace. It would be just like any other gimmick change, although much more extreme of a jump and with a more famous guy.

Not really sure but my guess would be just for a fresh start and for a change of pace. It would be just like any other gimmick change, although much more extreme of a jump and with a more famous guy.

Just to add on top of this. When he did an OTR interview, he said he wanted a fresh gimmick that gave him some freedom and be a bit more of himself. It also meant he could have some direction without the fans getting bored of the Deadman gimmick so easily with a modern audience.

I have a question. I missed Smackdown during the Attitude era and only started watching after the brand split. I know WCW used Thunder as a recap/ midcard show but did wwf used Smackdown as a second raw? I have seem plenty of videos where Austin, HHH and all the main eventers were involved in Smackdown. Can someone please elaborate on how Smackdown booking was done? what feuds were emphasized, did they used people that were not featured on that week's raw?

I have a question. I missed Smackdown during the Attitude era and only started watching after the brand split. I know WCW used Thunder as a recap/ midcard show but did wwf used Smackdown as a second raw? I have seem plenty of videos where Austin, HHH and all the main eventers were involved in Smackdown. Can someone please elaborate on how Smackdown booking was done? what feuds were emphasized, did they used people that were not featured on that week's raw?

Basically Smackdown followed the continuity of Raw, usually the main feuds carried over on from the Raw only three nights prior. Main differences would be different people may feature on one or even both shows.

One example was in July 2001
Raw: Austin/Triple H vs. Benoit/Jericho (Tag Titles, match where Triple H got injured).
Smackdown: TLC3 (Jericho/Benoit, Hardys, Dudleys, E&C - Match was made in revenge for Jericho and Benoit winning the tag belts).

So instead of waiting next week to see what happened, Smackdown just followed up so you get 4 hours of showing that occured in two halves each week, also PPVs had better builds as they had more time to use each week to build feuds. Also commentary usually saw Jerry Lawler/Paul Heyman being on both shows with Cole on Smackdown and JR on Raw, Tazz was only properly brought in around 2002 on Smackdown.

Naturally when the Brand Split occured, they were made into seperate shows with a split roster. So essentially both shows relied on each other but they would provide recaps for both every now and then prior to the Brand Split. They would use programmes like Sunday Night Heat and Velocity for recaps and lower midcard guys to feature.

I'm pretty sure the contracts state that they cannot appear with another major promotion for 90 days from when they leave WWE, so through release or an expiring contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back