TNA Ask a Question Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapp

Getting Noticed By Management
If you have any questions that won't lead to further discussion, ask them here.

Can someone explain to me what the "X Division" is? is there a heavyweight belt? What titles are there? Whos the main Faces/Heels??

there is a heavyweight title, and the x-division is kind of like, a less prestigious version of the heavyweight title, but twenty times more exciting, imagine the cruiserweights from wwe actually being allowed to do their thing

brownpimp said:
Can someone explain to me what the "X Division" is? is there a heavyweight belt? What titles are there? Whos the main Faces/Heels??
1. The X Division is a high-flying, high-risk style of professional wrestling. Rather than emphasizing the fact that most wrestlers who perform this style are under 220 lb (100 kg) by calling it a cruiserweight division, TNA Wrestling decided to emphasize the high risk nature of the moves these wrestlers perform (there is no upper weight limit on the X Division title, though in practice most of the champions have been cruiserweights). Recently, the emphasis of "it's not about weight limits" was brought to light when Samoa Joe, who weighs nearly 290 pounds, won the X-Division title.

2. A-1 (Alastair Ralphs)
Abyss (Chris Parks)
Brother Devon (Devon Hughes)
Brother Ray (Mark Lamonica)
Brother Runt (Matt Hyson)
"The Alpha Male" Monty Brown
Christian Cage (Jason Reso)
Simon Diamond (Pat Kenney)
Andy Douglas
"Wildcat" Chris Harris
Hernandez (Shawn Hernandez)
B.G. James (Brian Gerard James)
Kip James (Monty Sopp)
Jeff Jarrett
Ron "The Truth" Killings
Konnan (Charles Ashenoff)
Raven (Scott Levy)
"The War Machine" Rhino (Terry Gerin)
Bobby Roode
Samoa Joe (Joe Seanoa)
"Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner (Scott Rechsteiner)
Sting (Steve Borden)
"Cowboy" James Storm (James Black)
David Young (David Santo)
"Maverick" Matt Bentley
"The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels (Daniel Covell)
Johnny Devine (John Parsonage)
Sonjay Dutt (Retesh Bhalla)
Homicide (Nelson Erazo)
Kazarian (Frankie Kazarian)
Jay Lethal (Jamar Shipman)
Kevin Nash
Chris Sabin (Josh Harter)
Senshi (Brandon Silvestry)
Shark Boy (Dean Roll)
Alex Shelley (Patrick Martin)
"Primetime" Elix Skipper
Chase Stevens
"The Phenomenal" A.J. Styles (Allen Jones)
Petey Williams
Eric Young (Jeremy Fritz)
Christy Hemme
Gail Kim
Sirelda (Jaime Dauncey)
Traci (Tracy Brookshaw)
Austin Aries (Dan Solwold) - suspended since February 15, 2006
Jackie Gayda
Jeff Hardy - suspended
Puma (T.J. Perkins)

BlissNBase107 said:
How Many ex-WWE stars, ex-WCW/ECW stars, and Nu Talent does TNA have....
25 Wrestlers, 3 Women Wrestlers, and 8 Non Wrestling Performers. With a total of 36 that had a stint in WWE,ECW, or WCW.

I am trying to think of some of the craziest moments I never got to see, but heard about as far as TNA goes. What ppv was it where they did the insane looking suplex that involved like six people....anyone know?

nope, not it...dangit

Edit: I found it! It was the X Cup Battle Royal from Victory Road 2004. 10 man suplex/powerbomb/pyramid thing...friggin awesome

BlissNBase107 said:
How Many ex-WWE stars, ex-WCW/ECW stars, and Nu Talent does TNA have....

I will give a rating of 5 stars of how popular a character they are.
TNA X division
-Champion: Senshi (five stars) He's awesome he's got great in-ring ability and is just exciting to watch since you never know what he's going to do next. If you're not sure who he is, his name was low ki in ECW.
-Alex Shelley (3 stars) He's a pretty popular name, but lately he has sort of been a (hilarious) sidekick to Kevin Nash since Nash has been trying to become the new X division champion since he says the X division is nothing more than a filler and consists of midgets who wouldn't last five seconds with Big Guys like himself.
-Chris Sabin (5 stars) He's got great in-ring ability and is in a great story line with him and Kevin Nash. He's kind of the X division hero, the guy who stepped up to Nash to defend the X division.
-Jay Lethal (2 and a 1/2 stars) He's pretty good, but he could use some improvement in-ring at some spots (not really anything that can ruin the match, but there's some spots he can improve on. Still, he has been looking better in-ring everytime I see him). He's not really in a big storyline right now. He does fight nearly every night though. I think he'll be a pretty big name in the future.
-Johnny Devine (1 and a 1/2 stars) He's a part of the Nash/Shelley team, but he just joined them and rarely speaks (when he does it's hilarious though). I imagine he'll play a bigger role soon.
-Kevin Nash I guess (5 stars) His microphone skills are the best they've ever been, and it's just really enjoyable to watch him. Also, in the ring, he's still Nash.
-Matt Bentley (1/2 star) He just made his return, so I don't think he'll be getting a push for a couple months at least. They're still trying different things out for him right now.
-Shark Boy (0 stars) He's just a guy who get's added in if someone needs to be thrown around. He rarely fights and when he does it's on xplosion or a preshow warmup match.
-Sonjay Dutt (3 and a 1/2 stars) He's there every night giving it his all, and he's only becoming more and more popular. I see a pretty big push in the X division for him in the future.
-Petey Williams (5 stars) No matter what they do with this guy, he'll always be one of the most popular wrestlers in TNA simply because of his finishing move the canadian destroyer. You have to see it to believe it. Also, his in-ring ability is outstanding.

NWA Tag Team division:
-Champions: AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels (5 stars) I only gave them five stars because I said out of five. Otherwise I would've gave them 10 stars. They were a TNA dream team since the beginning, they had some of the best rivalries with eachother, and finally they teamed up and won the gold. By the way, Styles has held the X division title and the World Heavyweight title as well.
-The Naturals (Andy Douglas and Chase Stevens) (2 stars) They have been a great tag team for a while and work very well together, however, for a while they were kind of out of the picture. Now they're back and have Shane Douglas as their manager and seem to be getting ready for a HUGE push.
-Team 3D (Brother Ray and Brother Devon) Do I really need to say anything here?
-America's most wanted (AMW) (Chris Harris and James Storm) (4 stars)These guys work great together, however I personally think they lack some charisma. They are a top tag team as they just got off of a long title run together.
-Elix Skipper and David Young (Diamond's in the Rough)(1 star) They rarely ever fight. These guys have no charisma at all and most of the matches their in are boring throughout the majority of the match. However, Elix Skipper is insane during cage matches.
-Latin American Exchange (LAX) (Homicide and Hernandez)(4 stars) I think these guys, if they stick together, will eventually go down as one of the best tag teams ever in wrestling histroy. They showed what they had together at Victory Road and I don't think that anyone who knows wrestling can honestly say they weren't impressed. The only reason I gave them 4 stars instead of 5 was because they've just started getting a real push. Konnan's doing a great job at hyping them as well (despite how much I despise Konnan)
-The James Gang (BG James and Kip James [formerly New Age Outlaws])(4 and a 1/2 stars) I don't think I need to say anything except for the fact that the reason I didn't give them 5 stars is because I don't see them really competing for gold any time in the near future.

NWA World Heavyweight Division:

-Champion: Jeff Jarrett (5 stars): I don't need to say anything about his in-ring ability since it's pretty well known as he was in WWE and WCW so most wrestling fan's already know who he is. However I will say, that I have never seen a heel get so much heat in my entire life apart from Triple H after wrestlemania 2000.
-Christian Cage (5 stars) Yada, yada, yada, great in the ring, HUGE charisma.
-Samoa Joe (50000 stars) He is without a doubt "the guy" in TNA right now. He is getting a huge push and it is a complete success. He's just great. I think TNA is doing the right thing by realizing they can build the entire company around him.
-Scott Steiner (5 stars) I don't think I really need to say anything. He pretty much does the same things as he did in WCW and WWE apart from being in the top storyline.
-Sting (5 stars) I don't need to say anything about one of the greatest wrestlers of all time.

Not contending for any titles at the moment:
-A1 (2 and a 1/2 stars) I'm not sure what to say about this guy. I haven't seen him wrestle much apart from last week and the week before victory road, but what I have seen he's got pretty decent ability in the ring. Microphone skills, I can't say I've ever heard him speak. However, I am anxious to see him fight Eric Young since that seems to be the next match that will be added to the card for Hard Justice.
-Abyss (5 stars): This guy is just fun to watch. I always say to myself when he comes out to wreste: "this guy is the next Mick Foley. He destroys his body every time he fights just for the fans entertainment, and he'll never get a major title run. Just like Mick." I always anticipate his match on the card for the next pay-per-view since I know it will be one of the best of the night to watch (ie, Abyss v. Rhino at Against All Odds. Abyss v. Christian at Lockdown in a cage match. Abyss v. Christian at Sacrifice in a full metal mayhem match. Abyss and James Gang v. Team 3D at Victory Road.)
-Monty Brown (4 stars). This guy doesn't impress me much, however a lot of people still seem to enjoy watching him wrestle. I don't see what the big deal is however.
-Bobby Roode (3 stars). After breaking up with Team Canada it seems almost certain that he will be getting a H-U-G-E HUGE push in the future. I can't say I've seen him fight too often, so there's not much I can say about him, however I do enjoy what I've heard him say on his promos. He's got pretty decent microphone skills.
-Brother Runt (formerly Spike Dudley) (3 stars): I used to despise him in WWE, but since he's come to TNA he's been impressing me. It seems TNA is using him the way ECW did.
-Eric Young (4 stars) He's really growing popular with the TNA fanbase. He's got a great character that's really working for him, and in-ring he's great. I can't wait to see where he is in the distant future. Look for a decent push for him.
-Raven (1 star) He's got nothing left. I think it's time for him to call it quits.
-Rhino (5 stars) Ever since that speach he gave about WWE/WWECW he's grown more and more popular. I can't wait for his match against Monty Brown and Samoa Joe.
-Ron Killings (5 stars) If he just stopped rapping all the time he would be great. I think he makes a fool of himself with all that rapping. However, in the ring, he is one of the most exciting guys I've ever seen.

Managers (stars are based on manager type level not wrestler type level):
-James Mitchell: (5 stars) He is a great manager who hypes matches pretty well. He's perfect for Abyss which is who he is managing right now.
-Scott D'Amore: (5 stars) Despite the fact that he has five stars, he may just fade out of the picture some time soon. Now that team canada has split up I don't think he'll be involved much any more.
-Simon Diamond (1 star) He's decent on the microphone, but you don't see much of him and I don't like the way he acts during the Diamonds in the rough's matches.

-Jim Cornette: (5 stars) He is just what TNA needed. Someone to get rid of Zbysko. Zbysko was getting grueling on the microphone and hearing Jim Cornette is music to my ears. He's great on the mic and can set up matches very well.

Women (rating based on woman ratings not wrestler ratings):
-Christy Hemme (4 stars) She's HOOOOTTTTT!!!! However, she is just unbearable to here backstage when hyping matches alongside Jeremy Borash. Sometimes I just want to put the volume on mute.
-Gail Kim (5 stars) Not only is she smoking, she's also very popular and when she's put in (rarely) matches it's just amazing to watch her perform such athletic moves.
-Jackie Gayda (0 stars) She's pregnant so she's been out of the picture for a while. When she comes back, I don't care how she acts, she gets 5 stars just for showing up!
-Sirelda (2 stars) I hope we don't see much of here any more. She doesn't look good and she gets no reaction when she comes out.
-Traci (2 stars) She hasn't been seen in months, however I gave her two stars because of how ridiculously oversized her breasts are.

I missed the weeks leading up to Sting vs Jeff Jarrett showdown. What happened with Larry Zybsko and Earl Hefner that started saying Jarrett was a cancer for TNA and saying he should take a polygraph test.

ek2222 said:
what is a full metal mayhem match
It's a A Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match, but TNA renamed it to "Full Metal Mayhem". The added stipulation to the match was that "anything metal is legal".

oh becuase i saw some comercial back for tna and it was like abyss v.s christian i think and they said table ladder chair and chains, Do they climb for the belt?

ek2222 said:
oh becuase i saw some comercial back for tna and it was like abyss v.s christian i think and they said table ladder chair and chains, Do they climb for the belt?
Yes, I believe so.

ThE cErEbRaL aSsAsIn said:
why dose people like fat joe
Because he's a fast paced big guy who can do everything there is to do in wrestling. He has solid microphone skills, he shows great intensity, he does high flying moves, he does submission moves, he does technical moves, he does overpowering moves. I don't see why there's still (rarely) people who doubt him and hate him just because of his physique. Ric Flair said it himself that physique doesn't matter.

wats gonna happen with TNA that Jeff Hardy has been finally been released?

ArmyBratGurl500 said:
wats gonna happen with TNA that Jeff Hardy has been finally been released?
Nothing. They're not in any trouble. Jeff Hardy is just going to be sent to rehab again. He's a drug addict and he's never going to beat it. TNA knew that. That's why they chose to let him go.

how much is tonights hard justice on ppv? is it $40 just like wwe?

Flippyskate21 said:
how much is tonights hard justice on ppv? is it $40 just like wwe?

I have Time Warner Cable and it say's its $29.95 and there is a half an hour pre-show that starts at 7:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back