Old School Ask A Question Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the other ask a question threads, if you have a question that won't lead to further discussion ask it here.

Expect me to use this thread frequently

Slightly off topic, but good job at makign this thread, it's a long time coming. It'll help inform a lot of the younger guys in here. I'll help out the best I can, but my knowledge is pretty shaky before 1985.

Has there ever been a PPV that's ended with an angle istead of a match. I dont mean a heel turn or something happening after a match. I mean has there been an advertised angle that's happened at the end of a show?

The one that comes to mind right away is the Gobbeldy Gooker at Survivor Series 90, what a horrible way to end a pay per view.

I guess another one could be Judgment Day 98 when Vince was going to fire Austin if he didn't count either Kane or the Undertaker as the new champion. It went on pretty long after the match, so I would say it was it's own segment.

No, the triple threat never happened. They all were involved the next year in the 6 man Hell in the Cell, but I think thats it as far as a pay per view match with all of them in it against each other.

Savage never won the WCW title correct? Because I'm thinking that the whole time he was there, he either was apart of NWO, or on the team of Faces, but Hogan and Goldberg and Sting and Flair were champs when Savage left the World Wrestling Federation yes? And Savage never won the title?

Savage I think had 4 WCW title reigns. They were all very short lackluster reigns though. Some of them lasted less then a week.

*so according to the world infamous wikipedia, savage had 4 title reigns, two pre-nwo, two post-nwo. His first two title reigns lasted about 3 weeks each, and his last two title reigns lasted a day each.

Has there ever been a PPV that's ended with an angle istead of a match. I dont mean a heel turn or something happening after a match. I mean has there been an advertised angle that's happened at the end of a show?
Well, there were two that immediately came to my mind.

1) TNA No Surrender 2006 - The "huge announcement" that TNA had been plugging for weeks, and that fans thought was the announcement of Vince Russo, was actually the announcement of the biggest signing in TNA history in Kurt Angle.

But, if that doesn't really suit you...

2) Summerslam 1991 - Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth get married in the "Match Made in Heaven".

The one that comes to mind right away is the Gobbeldy Gooker at Survivor Series 90, what a horrible way to end a pay per view.
Actually, this is not true. The PPV ended with the ultimate survivors match, which saw Tito Santana, Ultimate Warrior and Hulk Hogan take on Ted DiBisase, Rick Martel, Warlord, Paul Roma, and Hercules. Ultimate Warrior and Hogan were the survivors.

Are you sure. I haven't watched that ppv since it was on, but I coulda swore that the gooker ended the ppv.

Do anyone know what the deal is Between Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan. A couple years ago Savage came out with a Rap Album, and one song was going off on Hogan. What happened between these two that has caused this real-life feud ? Also it seems like whenever the WWE brings back legends or the Hall of Fame, they never included Savage. Does he also have a feud with Vince ?

Well these are just rumors, so I couldn't tell you for sure.

Savage Hogan have been feuding, because Savage felt that Hogan broke up his marriage in real life with Ms. Elizabeth.

Hogan would eventually get Savage a job in WCW, hook him up with Gorgeous George. Once George and Savage broke up, Savage once again blamed Hogan, and it's been down hill since then. The Preceding is all from Hulk Hogan, so take it with a grain of salt.

The Vince Savage relationship is more interesting. So this is pure rumor, but the number one theory out there is, a 13 year old Stephanie McMahon found out why Randy Savage was called the "Macho Man" and I'm not going any further.

How did the original Hart Foundation split up? Did Neidhart get injured and they just started pushing Hart? Or was there a proper split? I've been racking my brain and I just cant remember.

I'm not sure, but I think they were just starting to book Hart in individual match ups. I think they lost the tag belts, and kinda went their own ways. I'm going to have to check up to make sure though.

The Vince Savage relationship is more interesting. So this is pure rumor, but the number one theory out there is, a 13 year old Stephanie McMahon found out why Randy Savage was called the "Macho Man" and I'm not going any further.
Stephanie McMahon will be turning 31 in September. Randy Savage left the WWE in 1994. Simple math says that, even if this rumor was true, that Stephanie would have been 17 years old, not 13 or 14.

That rumor just doesn't stand up mathematically.

Not too mention that this rumor has NEVER been verified by ANYONE, and no charges were ever pressed against Savage. I have a VERY difficult time buying this one.

Stephanie McMahon will be turning 31 in September. Randy Savage left the WWE in 1994. Simple math says that, even if this rumor was true, that Stephanie would have been 17 years old, not 13 or 14.

That rumor just doesn't stand up mathematically.

Not too mention that this rumor has NEVER been verified by ANYONE, and no charges were ever pressed against Savage. I have a VERY difficult time buying this one.

Errr...what are you talking about Slyfox? Shock never mentioned a certain period of time as to when Steph supposedly found out about why Savage was called the Macho Man. Whats to say she didn't find out in 1989? Shock said that supposed rumor was the reason why Savage and Vince fell out; not why Savage left/was fired.

Anyways though, I think the main beef between Savage and McMahon is that he was upsert about being a commentator, and just up and left to WCW without even telling Vince he was leaving. One night Vince just hears about him being in WCW. Considering how bad of shape the WWE was in at the time, I'm not surprised Vince was totally pissed about that and hasn't forgiven him since.

Errr...what are you talking about Slyfox? Shock never mentioned a certain period of time as to when Steph supposedly found out about why Savage was called the Macho Man. Whats to say she didn't find out in 1989? Shock said that supposed rumor was the reason why Savage and Vince fell out; not why Savage left/was fired.
So Savage was banging McMahon's daughter, while married, without McMahon or his wife knowing about it, only for it to come out 5 years (arbitrary number) later? I don't buy it. And like I said, explain why this rumor has NEVER been verified by any wrestler there, and why no charges were ever pressed.

I've heard the commentator thing, and I've also heard about some friction due to Savage negotiating his own Slim Jim deal, and doing it w/o WWE's supervision.

So Savage was banging McMahon's daughter, while married, without McMahon or his wife knowing about it, only for it to come out 5 years (arbitrary number) later? I don't buy it. And like I said, explain why this rumor has NEVER been verified by any wrestler there, and why no charges were ever pressed.

I've heard the commentator thing, and I've also heard about some friction due to Savage negotiating his own Slim Jim deal, and doing it w/o WWE's supervision.

Woah woah woah, who said Macho Man had sex with a 13 year old Steph? Thats what the rumor is? Seriously? I've never heard that before ever. I thought Shocky meant that Steph somehow found out that Macho was a juicer or something and Vince was pissed at Savage for letting his daughter see him or something like that. I didn't know thats what he meant, but I agree, that's absolutely preposterous that Savage would've had sex with Steph. I guess I was just confused about what Shocky was referring to.

Hahaha...I tried giving you a green rep for that post, but I have to spread it around. That was just funny.

Yes, there is a very strong rumor that Savage had Stephanie take a bite into his Slim Jim. The rumor has it that Savage had sex with a 14 year old Stephanie, Vince found out, and that is why Savage has never been back. But, like I said earlier, simple math just doesn't support that theory.

Ive been thinking of this for a while now and I am trying remember this but I remember a Tag Match where a Valet was up for grabs or had been kidnapped or something. and was held in a cage on a forklift. I can't remember whether it was WCW or WWF or who was involved. I know it was 1998-1999. 1997 at the very earliest. So can someone tell me about it as it has been bugging me for a while.

You wouldn't be thinking of the Judy Bagwell on a Forklift match from New Blood Rising PPV (WCW), where Buff Bagwell fought Kanyon would you? Year 2000?

Quite Possibly but Im am pretty certain that it was a Tag Match. But that is most likely it. The surprising thing is I saw it on terrestrial TV in New Zealand. But thanks that has been bugging me for a long while.

I believe you're thinking of a match between the Godwinns and either the Bodydonnas or the Smoking Guns where Sunny was held in a cage above the ring. I believe that would be what you're referring to, 96 or 97.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back