Old School Ask A Question Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just watching Survivor Series 1993, and the match between the Hart family and HBK with his 3 "Knights"...anybody have any idea who the wrestlers were that were HBK's "Knights"?

I was on amazon looking at some old autobiographies and saw that Tom Billington (Dynamite Kid) has released two books one in 1999 and one in 2001. The one is called Pure Dynamite and the other is called Pure Dynamite: The Price You Pay for Wrestling Stardom. Does anyone know the difference between the two and if you do have you read either and would you recommend them.

Jake will probably be better to answer this then I, but I'm pretty sure its the same book. The 1999 release was the hardcover release. The 2001 release was the paperback release, maybe added more to the title, and maybe revised a little bit. I'm pretty sure both books are indeed the same.

I haven't read it, but from what I've heard Dynamite is very open and candid about everything.

The paperback has an extra chapter. Brilliant book worth a read. Obviously you take all wrestling books with a pinch of salt. But it's still fascinating.

keeping in line with the wrestling books, what is the best one out there? and who do you think should write, or have wrote(in cases of wrestlers that have passed away) one?

I would quite like to read Eric Bishoff's book, anyone got a good review?

I really liked Flairs book, had alot of really cool stories, especially considering this is the Nature Boy we're talking about here.

I was just watching Survivor Series 1993, and the match between the Hart family and HBK with his 3 "Knights"...anybody have any idea who the wrestlers were that were HBK's "Knights"?

The Red Knight was Barry Horrowitz.
The Blue Knight was Greg Valentine.
The Black Knight was Jeff Gaylord.

And HBKs place was meant to be Lawler but he had been arrested.

Brian Lee. He wrestled in WWE as a member of DOA and wrestled in ECW. He's had one good match vs Tommy Dreamer. Google him.

someone mentioned him earlier in this thread but, whatever happened to buff bagwell? i think the last time i saw him he was in a wheel chair for some storyline on wcw? or whatever happened to lex luger?

Lex Luger and Buff "The Stuff" Bagwell have made appearances on TNA wrestling and both work for the promotion

ok since the wrestling giant didnt ask a question, i will

Other than the one with mankind and the rock, has there been any other empty arena match whatsoever in any promotion??

This is actually an Ask a Question where you don't know the answer and you want to know what it is, not a Trivia thread. Empty Arena matches are very rare and expensive so I doubt there are that many. That is probably the only one in recent memory.

someone mentioned him earlier in this thread but, whatever happened to buff bagwell? i think the last time i saw him he was in a wheel chair for some storyline on wcw? or whatever happened to lex luger?

Bagwell actually was one of the few "name" WCW stars who came in during the initial "WCW Invasion" storyline in 2000. He made only a handful of appearances with WWE before Vince let him go. Bagwell's work ethic and ability to get along with others was always suspect going back to his early days in WCW.

Luger was not offered any deal w/ WWE and was never seriously considered for a return, even though WWE tried multiple times to sign Sting and did bring back Hogan, Flair, Nash, Hall, DDP, Goldberg, et all. Luger's lst two years in WCW were marred by missed appearances, work ethic questions, and his subsequent drug and alcohol arrests made him less appealing to WWE than other big name performers from WCW.

A few post backs someone said that Jerry "The King" Lawler was arrested and HBK had to take his place. I was wondering why he was arrested.

I would also like to say that I have just gotten back "into" wrestling and I am kind of upset. It is know where as as when I left it (circa 2001). I think once WCW got bought by WWF it kind of ruined it. Not as much comp so they don't have to work as hard. Just my thoughts.

what im just wondering is at the 2005 one night stand, why was austin cheered by the ecw fans, i was under the impression that he sold out to vince years ago and basically just ripped off the sandman, and yet while the likes of mike awesome were booed, why was austin cheered, in my view he should have been booed louder then bischoff

I was also wondering if anyone think a new faction with old school styles will come along anytime soon.

ok since the wrestling giant didnt ask a question, i will

Other than the one with mankind and the rock, has there been any other empty arena match whatsoever in any promotion??

not in any major promotion that i know of, but there was one with new jack wrestling someone that i cant remember the name of on the independant circuit, and only 3 fans showed up, there looked to be enough space for about 600, and i think the mankind rock match was empty because it took place on sunday night heat, going head to head with the superbowl

what im just wondering is at the 2005 one night stand, why was austin cheered by the ecw fans, i was under the impression that he sold out to vince years ago and basically just ripped off the sandman, and yet while the likes of mike awesome were booed, why was austin cheered, in my view he should have been booed louder then bischoff

Bischoff is seen as one of the major reasons for why ECW went out of Business, because WCW brought out so many of ECWs wrestlers, Mike Awesome beig the big blow to ECW fans as he had the belt at the time. Austin was cheered because he came up with the Stone Cold Gimmick whilehe was in ECW, Sandman and Austin aree similar yet different gimmicks. Also at the time Austin Sold out it was before ECW was a major power in terms of influence on the big two. Combined with the fact that Austins time in ECW was short, I think he took it as an Indy gig, Austin also was the embodyment of the Attitude Era, which began in ECW.

Bischoff is seen as one of the major reasons for why ECW went out of Business, because WCW brought out so many of ECWs wrestlers, Mike Awesome beig the big blow to ECW fans as he had the belt at the time. Austin was cheered because he came up with the Stone Cold Gimmick whilehe was in ECW, Sandman and Austin aree similar yet different gimmicks. Also at the time Austin Sold out it was before ECW was a major power in terms of influence on the big two. Combined with the fact that Austins time in ECW was short, I think he took it as an Indy gig, Austin also was the embodyment of the Attitude Era, which began in ECW.

point taken

I have a question regarding randy savage, why doesn't he wrestle anymore? i know that theories have been expressed on a fallout with vince in wwe, but tna is still open. I mean tna hired steiners, sting, jarret, why not The macho man? hes not to old as i recall, and even if he is, rick flair still wrestles and he must be about 10 years older than him. same question different wrestler, what about Ultimate Warrior or Ahmed Johnson?

what do you guys think of ( in thier prime ) Don Murocho vs Brock Lesner, or Eli Gianta ( the dude who fought hogan at wrestlemania ), kali. (or are they the same guy)

Macho Man had a falling out with TNA when they supposedly were going to bring in Hogan. Macho Man doesn't like his ego stroked unless it's buy a thirteen year old girl.

Ultimate Warrior, I don't think there is a demand for the Warrior to pay him what he thinks he is owed. Warrior probably thinks he deserves a million per appearance or something ridiculous like that. WWE doesn't want him, and he would cost too much and bring in nothing to TNA.

Ahmed, well, he got fat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back